I've got Covid.... The thread for your covid experiences

I tested positive Saturday with symptoms starting Thursday. DH had tested positive on Wednesday. He was prescribed Paxlovid and had to stop his 2 heart and colesterol meds. My doc prescribed Lagevrio which has no conflicts with other meds (my BP meds) as well as doesn't have the nasty side effects of Paxlovid. The downside is Paxlovid is $0 and the Lagevrio cost me a 50% copay of $616.00 but well worth it IMHO.

Both DH and I have mild symptoms and feeling good. I strongly recommend the meds as it appears to stop the virus in its tracks. Yesterday, I didn't feel the afternoon fatigue that is so common to me when I get sick.

WRT to this variant's speediness, I can confirm. At first we thought DH caught it at the gym the previous Thursday, but now are convinced it was Saturday when we were at a crowded event, unmasked, at a local small museum. So DH's symptoms started Tuesday and he tested positive Weds. Thursday night the neighbors came over to check on us as we didn't respond to their text about the ambulance and fire truck in front of our house. She tested positive Sunday morning and he also has symptoms.

Lesson learned: in crowded situations, MASK UP!!!

Recently had Covid for the first time. DH and I both got it at the same time. I either got from him or our daughter. She didn't feel well for a day or so and doesn't know it was Covid but could me.

I took the Paxlovid. I had the bitter taste (DH didn't). I did some research and found that eating red hots helped a lot. I would just eat a red hot whenever I felt the bitter come back. Made it so much more bearable.

I was very tired during it and then felt better. But about a week after I finished the Paxlovid I had rebound Covid. My fever which had been gone for over a week came back and I felt exhausted. This only lasted a couple of days though.

I am basically OK now (3 weeks after I first had it) but I do get tired more easily.

Recently had Covid for the first time. DH and I both got it at the same time. I either got from him or our daughter. She didn't feel well for a day or so and doesn't know it was Covid but could me.

I took the Paxlovid. I had the bitter taste (DH didn't). I did some research and found that eating red hots helped a lot. I would just eat a red hot whenever I felt the bitter come back. Made it so much more bearable.

I was very tired during it and then felt better. But about a week after I finished the Paxlovid I had rebound Covid. My fever which had been gone for over a week came back and I felt exhausted. This only lasted a couple of days though.

I am basically OK now (3 weeks after I first had it) but I do get tired more easily.

Glad you are feeling better! Sorry you got rebound Covid and are getting tired more easily even now. Hopefully you can ditch it completely as you continue to rest a lot and eat good nutritious food. (hugs)

DW had to travel from Ohio (US) to Norway for a project (we are 8 weeks from retirement). Of course its a multinational project and someone one of the team from Italy shows up sick. The very next day (actually about 1.5 days but still) my wife was like... Oh crap.. I think I am catching whatever he had. A day after that she was coughing and hacking.

So a miserable two weeks so far for her. She either has the flu or Covid and is out of the country. Nothing going on with her taste or smell, but the symptoms outside of that are about the same.

DW got back last Wednesday... still was super sick. Called the Dr the next morning, she had a virtual appt, prescribed steroids and antibiotics. I'm guessing, due to the length of time she had "whatever she has" already, there was no need to test for Covid or the flu. Just treat the symptoms. She is getting much better, more tired than usual, but on the upswing for sure.

DW got back last Wednesday... still was super sick. Called the Dr the next morning, she had a virtual appt, prescribed steroids and antibiotics. I'm guessing, due to the length of time she had "whatever she has" already, there was no need to test for Covid or the flu. Just treat the symptoms. She is getting much better, more tired than usual, but on the upswing for sure.

It would be best to test for Covid. If she gets Long Covid and does not have a positive test, she may be denied treatment later.

I tested positive Saturday with symptoms starting Thursday. DH had tested positive on Wednesday. He was prescribed Paxlovid and had to stop his 2 heart and colesterol meds. My doc prescribed Lagevrio which has no conflicts with other meds (my BP meds) as well as doesn't have the nasty side effects of Paxlovid. The downside is Paxlovid is $0 and the Lagevrio cost me a 50% copay of $616.00 but well worth it IMHO.

Both DH and I have mild symptoms and feeling good. I strongly recommend the meds as it appears to stop the virus in its tracks. Yesterday, I didn't feel the afternoon fatigue that is so common to me when I get sick.

WRT to this variant's speediness, I can confirm. At first we thought DH caught it at the gym the previous Thursday, but now are convinced it was Saturday when we were at a crowded event, unmasked, at a local small museum. So DH's symptoms started Tuesday and he tested positive Weds. Thursday night the neighbors came over to check on us as we didn't respond to their text about the ambulance and fire truck in front of our house. She tested positive Sunday morning and he also has symptoms.

Lesson learned: in crowded situations, MASK UP!!!

Well fitting N95 only, please. It's your best defense.

The new NIH director admitted in an interview released today that the Covid virus persists in tissues.

Quote:

Faust: I just want to follow up on something you said a moment ago about where this virus can be found in tissues. Are you suggesting that long COVID is actually, the mechanism of that, is persistent live virus in humans?

Bertagnolli: We see evidence of persistent live virus in humans in various tissue reservoirs, including surrounding nerves, the brain, the GI [gastrointestinal] tract, to the lung.

Faust: OK. And you're saying this goes beyond the PCR's [polymerase chain reaction test] ability to get it in a regular swab so that we are missing chronic cases of SARS‑CoV‑2?

Bertagnolli: Correct. The virus can persist in tissues for months, perhaps even years.

Full article: https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/faustfiles/109672

Back
Top Bottom