I've got Covid.... The thread for your covid experiences

So sorry to hear this, Trailwalker. Praying for him and your family.

My son has a long road ahead and will require at least three more weeks at a rehab hospital following surgery. Not exactly how any of us planned to be spending the winter.

Trailwalker, I am so sorry to read this. All my prayers for your son and to you and your family.

Trailwalker, I am so sorry to read this. All my prayers for your son and to you and your family.

I was sad to write it. Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes. My son tolerated yesterday's surgery and is on the road to a new phase in his life. For many of us, it's unfathomable to be hooked up to a machine to go on living and breathing. However, he has dealt with physical loss for his entire short life and continues to fight on. He is cognitively alert and texted me last night that he thinks the trache is great. One day at a time.

I was sad to write it. Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes. My son tolerated yesterday's surgery and is on the road to a new phase in his life. For many of us, it's unfathomable to be hooked up to a machine to go on living and breathing. However, he has dealt with physical loss for his entire short life and continues to fight on. He is cognitively alert and texted me last night that he thinks the trache is great. One day at a time.

He sounds like a positive and very resilient person. All the best to you and your family.

I joined the COVID club today... My first time. Wasn't taking any precautions at this point. Don't know how I got away without catching it for as long as I have.

Got a slight, very faint pink line last night on the test and a solid red this morning. Symptoms started Sat night/Sun morning so it was 3.5 days until testing positive. Started Paxlovid (I'm over the 60-year-old threshold. They asked me for my liver health and kidney numbers. It was with my regular pharmacy so they had all my meds info.)

So far, I've bee having sometimes painful coughs. Took Mucinux last night with Tylenol (a slight fever and body aches) and now I'm taking Robitussin which has meds for both dry coughs and congested coughs.

It's a lot like a cold, but the kind of cold that makes me feel more tired and with coughs. I've had a cold worse, but I am having a little headache now which I used to get from COVID vax. I have taken all the vax and boosters and my last booster was Nov 6. I was hoping it would have even milder symptoms but I guess not.

Not related, but I haven't had any cold since the beginning of 2019 or maybe even before. I would have thought I'd catch a cold before COVID...

I joined the COVID club today...

So sorry to hear you have Covid! But if I understood your post correctly, it doesn't sound like a severe case and if it is more of a moderate case than severe, then thank goodness. Hopefully the Paxlovid and other medications you are on, will help you to ditch this awful sickness soon. I'll be thinking of you, hoping and wishing for your quick and complete recovery.

So sorry to hear you have Covid! But if I understood your post correctly, it doesn't sound like a severe case and if it is more of a moderate case than severe, then thank goodness. Hopefully the Paxlovid and other medications you are on, will help you to ditch this awful sickness soon. I'll be thinking of you, hoping and wishing for your quick and complete recovery.

Thank you very much, W2R, for your very thoughtful post! :greetings10:
Yes, I hope it stays like this and doesn't get any worse.

For the first time I have COVID-19 according to home test I did on 3/20/24. First time I ever tested too based on the fever and itchy throat I that started early Tuesday morning on 3/19/24.

Fever was from 99 to 101 F but that has been gone since 3/21/24.

46 year old healthy male. No smoking and drinking. Work out 3x in the gym and very fit with low body fat %. I am up to date on all my COVID vaccines as well as the Flu shot.

I took generic Theraflu when I had sure throat and fever to help me.

The main issue now is feeling fatigued and tired since then. What can I do? It feels miserable. I feel like just laying on my bed. This feels like having a Cold or maybe a Flu but just taking longer than usual to become normal. I take 500mg Tylenol before sleep and recently started Mucinex for my chest and facial congestion.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
For the first time I have COVID-19 according to home test I did on 3/20/24. First time I ever tested too based on the fever and itchy throat I that started early Tuesday morning on 3/19/24.

46 year old healthy male. No smoking and drinking. Work out 3x in the gym and very fit with low body fat %. I am up to date on all my COVID vaccines as well as the Flu shot.

The main issue now is feeling fatigued and tired since then. What can I do? It feels miserable. I feel like just laying on my bed. This feels like having a Cold or maybe a Flu but just taking longer than usual to become normal.

Any suggestions?

Probably wait to get your eighth COVID jab.
I'm getting mine Tuesday, 4/2, but I've no symptoms at present...

How do you know you had COVID officially?
No "official" test for COVID-19. As I said, symptoms. 100-101F fever for 3-4 days at the beginning. Coughing for a week with little to no phlegm. Mostly bedridden for close to a week, followed by a few weeks of low energy, sore muscles, and overall fatigue. Loss of taste and smell for at least two weeks, with a loss of appetite. It was different than any other flu DW had experienced in her 67 years.

No "official" test for COVID-19. As I said, symptoms. 100-101F fever for 3-4 days at the beginning. Coughing for a week with little to no phlegm. Mostly bedridden for close to a week, followed by a few weeks of low energy, sore muscles, and overall fatigue. Loss of taste and smell for at least two weeks, with a loss of appetite. It was different than any other flu DW had experienced in her 67 years.

How long does this low energy last? I feel horrible. I am on my 13th day from when I first noticed symptoms. I did lose some taste. I had lost smell but slowly getting it back.

The main issue now is feeling fatigued and tired since then. What can I do? It feels miserable. I feel like just laying on my bed. This feels like having a Cold or maybe a Flu but just taking longer than usual to become normal. I take 500mg Tylenol before sleep and recently started Mucinex for my chest and facial congestion.

Any suggestions?
I think just laying around is what you need to do. Apparently pushing yourself including exercising backfires with Covid - slowing down recovery and clearing the virus. Your body needs all the rest it can get while it’s fighting the virus.

You may even need to take a break from the very light exercises until well past the fatigue. This is just what I’ve read.

How long does this low energy last? I feel horrible. I am on my 13th day from when I first noticed symptoms. I did lose some taste. I had lost smell but slowly getting it back.
I had Covid (home test indicated bright test line) last May after getting all my shots/boosters. I was able to start Paxlovid in time and I started to feel better within 24-36 hrs. Although feeling much better, some minor symptoms stuck around for a few weeks including diminished senses of smell and taste. Once the Paxlovid took hold, my energy returned pretty much to normal over a period of less than a week. Sorry you're having to go though it but it may just take longer for some to start feeling normal again. You might want to check with your doctor to make sure there's not something else going on.

I had Covid (home test indicated bright test line) last May after getting all my shots/boosters. I was able to start Paxlovid in time and I started to feel better within 24-36 hrs. Although feeling much better, some minor symptoms stuck around for a few weeks including diminished senses of smell and taste. Once the Paxlovid took hold, my energy returned pretty much to normal over a period of less than a week. Sorry you're having to go though it but it may just take longer for some to start feeling normal again. You might want to check with your doctor to make sure there's not something else going on.

I could not take Paxlovid due to interaction with my other medications that I am taking.

Did you have fever and sore throat?

Any suggestions?

It's only been 13 days since you noticed your first symptoms. I think COVID lingers a whole lot longer than a regular cold.

I think, even if your overt COVID symptoms are gone, COVID is not really gone for quite a while, at least, that was in my case. Even when it felt like I was over it, my Fitbit showed that I wasn't. My readiness scores were so low for more than a week even on days I didn't exercise, maybe even 2 weeks after I tested negative. I didn't particularly do anything to remedy the issue though. I probably should have tried to rest more instead of trying to push through it.

My suggestion to you is to not go back to your old, vigorous exercise routine just yet. Rest more and give your body time to recover fully.

Back
Top Bottom