Looking for slim front pocket wallet or ...

I have not found a solution that fits in every pocket. I wonder about the runner's wrist wallet?

The Original Runners Wrist Wallet (Aqua) : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

For times when I have a purse, I really like this one:

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00TvAQSLrRCbcO/Palm-Size-Wallet-Palm-Wallet-JS-TV-426-.jpg

I can show my driver's license without opening anything, there is more than enough space for the cards I need, and there is a small compartment for cash. However, this wallet will not fit in most pants pockets. If I just need to bring a credit card and some cash along, I will put it in the smallest ziplok bag. The LBYM solution!

I'm also going to see how many cards I can put on my phone, maybe a photo of a library card would still scan.

I went through this exercise a month ago.
I think it depends on the scanner used.
At my library the picture of the library card bardcode (or even generated barcode) does not scan, but I can just type the digits manually.
It does scan OK at stores (so far tried Kroger, Lowes, Home Depot, REI and Super H).
My wallet lost 6 cards so far :)

Also - I wanted one wallet for the phone and cards and bills, but I could not find any wallet for my phone (Galaxy Nexus) fitting my needs (6 cards+cash+phone).
The closest I was able to find was: Slim Wallet Case Mobile Phone Case with Credit card slots For Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime 4G I9250

Last edited:
I have always used front carry, since I got pick-pocketed at Churchill Downs age 16. I survived in a South American pick-pocket- university town using this same system. In the US, thieves usually just hit you on the head or kill you and then take your money and stuff. I think foreign pick pockets are much better today, not sure what world work well.

Anyway, today I use something which isn't even a wallet. It's a 3"x3.5" inch heavy nylon pouch, which can hold picture ID, a few cards, my magnetic bus ward which I can just swipe in the pouch. It also has a strong nylon adjustable strap with a terminal key ring. I put my necessary keys for my apartment on this, one for the security doors, one for my unit door. I started doing this because I can wear it at the gym. A good side benefit is once I was used to the feeling of having it tucked between my belly and my belt, I am very unlikely to accidentally lock myself out of my place. Most stores with loyalty cards, even REI, library etc. will take your phone number, and my number will be stable forever. I carry junk cards like Costco etc in my backpack, since if it gets stolen it won't really matter. Backpacks are just easier-to-carry purses, thought they are vulnerable to grab and go so I never carry anything critical in them. I carry mini-umbrella, toothbrush, mouthwash, Pepto Bismol chewable, floss and some 1oz packets of almonds- just your basic urban survival kit.

The only negative I have found is that the wallet gizmo strap should be longer, so that the keys will stay securely out of sight in one's front pocket. Often, the typical stupid but violent criminal would not notice this in your pants behind your belt. I do carry $100 or so on a cheap but good money clip to have something to pay the thief to please not murder me.

I cannot remember the name, but I bought it on Amazon.

Ha

I do carry $100 or so on a cheap but good money clip to have something to pay the thief to please not murder me.

Ha

That's what my father used to do, and then he could keep his drivers license and credit cards separate from the giveaway cash.

Don't want to spam ads, but this link from bellroy looked interesting, and I was really impressed with the page. The coolest thing they pointed out is there's no reason to have card slots, as all the leather between the cards just makes it fatter.

Slim Your Wallet - Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

I'm also going to see how many cards I can put on my phone, maybe a photo of a library card would still scan.

I carry the Bellroy "Very Small" and love it. I have 9 cards in it with folded cash and two folded blank checks. Wonderful wallet.

Another that I have carried and loved is the Flowfold billfold Carry the Future - Flowfold. Made from fairly indestructible racing sailcloth, it is very light and thin.

Last year I bought a Taxi Wallet and it's great. Much thinner than my old wallet and fits comfortably in my front pocket. The two bill pockets were nice on an international trip last year to keep my US$ and local currency separate. At home I keep receipts in one of the bill pockets. In the card slots I carry 12 credit cards or similar plastic cards and a few thinner cards. That's about the most it can hold. There are not individual slots for cards, so you have to be comfortable fishing for the cards. I'm ok with that, as there are really only two cards I use every day so I keep them front-and-back. I don't need to show ID very often so it's just one of the cards in the middle I have to dig for. It's sturdy and I expect it to last a long time (at that price, I hope so!).

Don't want to spam ads, but this link from bellroy looked interesting, and I was really impressed with the page. The coolest thing they pointed out is there's no reason to have card slots, as all the leather between the cards just makes it fatter.

Slim Your Wallet - Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

I like how they spread out the cards so they don't all stack up and add to thickness (though it is a little larger in the other dimensions). More $ than I care to spend on a wallet though.

I see this same concept for just $20, reviews say the newer ones have a grippy texture so cards don't slide out accidentally.

Amazon.com: All-Ett Original Black Nylon Billfold Wallet: Everything Else

comes in leather for ~ $35.

-ERD50

Last edited:
My current wallet is an REI purchased Eagle Creek one that seems to have this current style: Amazon.com: Eagle Creek Curbside Bi-Fold Wallet, Pacific Blue Stratus: Clothing

I put my Visa card in the hidden compartment. The cash compartment is good for only a few bills. That is why I thought of using the Lsbcal patented 2 wallet approach with the back pocket one only holding small bills and miscellaneous easy to replace cards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom