NCAA tournament

I was just wondering if there was a thread started for the tourney.

I'm in, although I don't follow college ball at all. But I saw that UVA was the top school in the country, and I used to love going to Easters there back in the day, so I'll play.

Ha! Setting up my brackets I discovered my alma mater was in the tournament for the first time ever. When I went there (second year they were coed), the women's team could beat the men's team rather handily. And I remember the one time they started to put together some decent teams they got busted for recruiting violations. But here they are now. Sadly, I can't take them against Villanova, but I'll definitely watch the game if it's on a channel I'll be able to see.

I made my picks based on some favorite schools plus my knowledge of NCAA Basketball circa about 1990, the last time I really paid attention. I didn't pay much attention to seeds, and still managed to end up with two No. 1 seeds playing for the Finals.

Good luck to everybody.

1st game going to overtime and then an ‘upset’. That’s what makes this tourney special.

UNCG sure played better than I expected.
URI - that's what I get for letting grudges influence my picks. ( They handed my alma mater a bad loss years ago.)

Woohoo! I'll gloat while I can. Tied for first! Although I don't understand my 3 upset points. None of my winners so far were upsets.

Well, there goes my brackets. I had Virginia going to the finals in one and winning in the other. Not much solace knowing that I viewed history. Ugly history, but history none the less.

BOOM BOOM out go the lights... Bet no one gets Buffets Million now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had missed the fact that Purdue’s starting center broke his elbow. Nice playing with all of you but I’ll be fading away now.

Well, there goes my brackets. I had Virginia going to the finals in one and winning in the other. Not much solace knowing that I viewed history. Ugly history, but history none the less.

Both mine too.
UMBC??!!??. I'm out.

I will be dropping out of 1st soon, been nice while it lasted, maybe next year!

I've spent the better part of two days as a bottom feeder. The only thing that works in my favor is that my entire final four is still in tact.

Fear the Retrievers (who spanked the Wahoos)

Back
Top Bottom