New Budgeting Day

Budget approach results month #4. This month included an unexpected auto repair that was 24% of total allocation. Overall results was 13.6% over goal. I was hoping this short month would be lower. We are still seeing how our target number is impacting some of our spending decisions in a good way.

Budget approach results month #5. THis month included a week in AZ watching cactus league baseball. Overall total was 20% higher than expected. I knew the month was going to be over. Higher gas prices are also trickling in. Still seeing some forced scarcity from CINC house. She seems fine with how the budget is working out. Not using this method as a hard and fast can't spend rule however I am pleased that it is forcing us to think about how we spend $$.

They really haven't noticed too much. They get x amount a month and it is what it is. Of course I am sure there is some give there.

They really haven't noticed too much. They get x amount a month and it is what it is.
I guess that's the best situation-- when your kids don't see how your retirement could possibly have any relevance to their finances!

To refer to one's wife as CINC house seems somewhat patronizing. I will ask the Sergeant Major who must be obeyed what she thinks about it.

To refer to one's wife as CINC house seems somewhat patronizing. I will ask the Sergeant Major who must be obeyed what she thinks about it.
They both sound so much better than "Ops Boss" or, as our daughter used to say when she smelled trouble, "Mommy Ma'am".

Patronizing? That would be referring to the U.S. Naval Academy's Deputy Commandant of Midshipmen, at least a post-command senior O-5 or freshly-promoted O-6, as "Deppity Dawg"...

Attachments

• Deputy Dawg.gif
    Deputy Dawg.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom