NFL: 2014 Season

Just got back home from a Bears loss, bummer. Against the Bills no less.

However, it was a great day and DW agrees. Weather was fantastic. Fun time.

Thursday the reigning NFL champion threw down the gauntlet and won convincingly.

Today and Monday night, the other 30 challengers take the field.

Go Hawks!

As a Packer's fan, I can only hope we get another shot at you later.

Good game!

Last edited:
ohhhh, there are two teams I always hated to see: the Dolphins and the Broncos. Not that I hated the teams, but what they could do to the Patriots. Forget the Raiders: I do hate them.

Let me explain why I detest the Raiders: a long time ago, they (specifically, Jack Tatum) paralyzed Darryl Stingley (a receiver) in a preseason game.

A number of surprises so far today for me.

The Texans won but of course it was against Washington. However, JJ Watt was absolutely assume. Nothing like a new 100 million dollar contract to bring out the best in some people. :)

Can't believe New Orleans lost. :( But it was an interesting game.

Also, I've seen a number of really bad officiating calls today in several games. I guess they need to get their acts together too.

Watching Peyton right now (I means the Broncos) taking on the Colts. Maybe he should join this forum and start thinking about retiring in a year or so. After all, he's already 38 in a young mans game. On second thought, I'll bet he isn't too worried about safe withdrawal rates.

Last edited:
A number of surprises so far today for me.

The Texans won but of course it was against Washington. However, JJ Watt was absolutely assume. Nothing like a new 100 million dollar contract to bring out the best in some people. :)

Ahhhh..J.J. - he was great today.:cool: It's too bad he is on the Texans as he won't get a Super Bowl ring here.

But he is destined for Stardom! He is making commercials for lots of companies (H.E.B., Verizon, Ford, etc). He is on TV every day! And on highway road signs, on labels in stores, and in the news, and (you name it).

The Ford F-150 is J.J.'s truck and it is now "the truck of Texas!" (Move over Chevrolet)

I sure hope he doesn't run for a political office.:facepalm:

Great comeback by Philadelphia yesterday. Had Jacksonville prevailed, the loser pool I'm in would have lost almost half it's entries in Week One!

Lots of great comebacks in week 1. What a great game NO / ATL was. Seattle and SF are headed for a showdown ... they look like the two best teams.

Are there any Raiders fans left?

I don't think the Cowboys defense was *as* bad as I'm hearing all over the place. For one thing, 21 of the 28 points the 49ers scored came off of turnovers, either directly or after a short drive on a short field. For another, SF was shut out in the second half after Dallas stopped turning it over.

I don't know why the Cowboys didn't run more, especially in the first half. SF was not doing a good job of stopping Murray at all. Indeed, Dallas had more yards and apart from the turnovers, they were the better team. Of course, in the NFL that's like saying "except for my spending more than I earned over the last 30 years, I'd be able to retire comfortably".

Just got back home from a Bears loss, bummer. Against the Bills no less.

However, it was a great day and DW agrees. Weather was fantastic. Fun time.
Now we get to play 49ers in Frisco. I think this season can get ugly really fast. Already looking forward to Blackhawks and Bulls.

Now we get to play 49ers in Frisco. I think this season can get ugly really fast. Already looking forward to Blackhawks and Bulls.

Before the Buffalo game, I thought da bears might go 10-6. Now I'm thinking 8-8. Their defense (against the run) looks the same as last year. Cutler looks great most of the game but throws a bonehead pass up the middle (against his body) to a d tackle. Cutler can look like the best qb in the league and a rookie in the same game.

The game next week (SF) could be a blood bath. Hope I'm wrong.

A life long Bears fan.

I don't think the Cowboys defense was *as* bad as I'm hearing all over the place. For one thing, 21 of the 28 points the 49ers scored came off of turnovers, either directly or after a short drive on a short field. For another, SF was shut out in the second half after Dallas stopped turning it over.

I don't know why the Cowboys didn't run more, especially in the first half. SF was not doing a good job of stopping Murray at all. Indeed, Dallas had more yards and apart from the turnovers, they were the better team. Of course, in the NFL that's like saying "except for my spending more than I earned over the last 30 years, I'd be able to retire comfortably".

I'd be rich if I had a nickle for every time I heard someone say "I dont know why the Cowboys didnt run more" in the last 3 years. Jason Garrett is a terrible coach, but its all Jerry Jones can get because no real coach wants to be a puppet.

Dallas had the 3rd worst defense in NFL history last season...then they lost their 3 best defensive players and their 4th best is suspended. They are TERRIBLE!

The four turnovers were not caused by the defense and actually, I was reasonably impressed with their pass rush, which looked much better than last year. Offensive line looked good as well, but Tony Romo, that is another matter. I heard he threw his helmut after the game and that also got intercepted:LOL:

The four turnovers were not caused by the defense

Actually, I'll give the defense the fumble. It looks like they ripped the ball clean just before the knee hit the ground. But those three interceptions were terrible. Bad reads by Romo, or he didn't see defenders sliding into position to intercept. None of them were under an intense rush, either.

Actually, I'll give the defense the fumble. It looks like they ripped the ball clean just before the knee hit the ground. But those three interceptions were terrible. Bad reads by Romo, or he didn't see defenders sliding into position to intercept. None of them were under an intense rush, either.

Yes, the 49ers defense caused the fumble on the running play and Romo was responsible for the 3 interceptions and other errant throws. I was referring to the fact that Dallas's defense was not the goat in this game.

Last edited:
Hoping SD beats ARI tonight, as ARI is in our NFC West Division. That'll set up a nice early season showdown this Sunday between SEA and SD. Could be fireworks or a smack down--depending on how the ball bounces.

Yes, the 49ers defense caused the fumble on the running play and Romo was responsible for the 3 interceptions and other errant throws. I was referring to the fact that Dallas's defense was not the goat in this game.

Agreed. Dallas out gained SF overall. But those three picks were all horrible. And I also agree, as I said earlier, that the Dallas defense didn't fare that badly and it's totally unfair to blame them for the 28 points in the first half. They were responsible for 7 at least, you could argue a little more, but 21 of SF's 28 points came off of turnovers, either returning them for TDs or scoring from a short distance out.

Attachments

• ZHWDSio.jpg
    ZHWDSio.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 4
  • qMP903J.jpg
    qMP903J.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 2
  • UCYgoXW.jpg
    UCYgoXW.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
Before the Buffalo game, I thought da bears might go 10-6. Now I'm thinking 8-8. Their defense (against the run) looks the same as last year. Cutler looks great most of the game but throws a bonehead pass up the middle (against his body) to a d tackle. Cutler can look like the best qb in the league and a rookie in the same game.

The game next week (SF) could be a blood bath. Hope I'm wrong.

A life long Bears fan.[/QUOTE It is gonna be shock and awe.

If I lived in Texas I would have to be a Houston fan.

Dallas? :nonono:

Hoping SD beats ARI tonight, as ARI is in our NFC West Division. That'll set up a nice early season showdown this Sunday between SEA and SD. Could be fireworks or a smack down--depending on how the ball bounces.

Based on last night's game, probably a smack-down.

Happy to see my Lions dominate the Giants and jump 6 places to the middle of the pack. Should be well positioned to put on the late season fade and miss the playoffs with a loss in the last week of the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom