NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nomination for game of the week..Eagles v. Bills. I am a little biased. :dance: I haven’t ridden a roller coaster like that for a long time. Fall behind, take the lead, give it back, 59 yd FG in the rain, lose the lead in OT and drive to take the win. Hurts looked so determined on that last drive. Wow!

10-1 now.

Texans lost yesterday but it's their own fault. Close game but no cigar.

Somebody needs to tell Matt Ammendola that it doesn't count to just hit the bottom crossbar on a field goal.

Last edited:
My nomination for game of the week..Eagles v. Bills. I am a little biased. :dance: I haven’t ridden a roller coaster like that for a long time. Fall behind, take the lead, give it back, 59 yd FG in the rain, lose the lead in OT and drive to take the win. Hurts looked so determined on that last drive. Wow!

10-1 now.

To be a Bills fan is to suffer. :banghead:

Somebody needs to tell Matt Ammendola that it doesn't count to just hit the bottom crossbar on a field goal.

It counts if it bounces in the right direction!:D

Sean Payton up to his same old tricks , dirty play . Last week he had a player ejected , yesterday they knocked out the Browns QB with a shot to the head . Knocked out a WR with a blind side hit . A true story I was on the field of the Texans VS Browns a few years ago when Gregg Williams was the interim coach . People asked him about the he’d hunting that the Saints did . ( Williams was the Saints def. Coach he was punished severely ) he said there is more lots more to it then me. I think Payton was behind it .

It does if it bounces or dribbles over after hitting the crossbar. :LOL:

Surprisingly exciting Thursday night football game. Looks like I picked the wrong week to use the Cowboys defense on my fantasy team :). Maybe I should have listened to the pundits who said "Dallas does not do well against teams with winning records".

It’s safe to say the 49ers are on pace to win the Super Bowl. Purdy is HIM. Biggest underdog story in the history of pro sports.

It’s safe to say the 49ers are on pace to win the Super Bowl. Purdy is HIM. Biggest underdog story in the history of pro sports.
Really? Who has the best record in the NFL? How many teams have the same record as SF? The playoff wins will be the important games. Anything can happen between now and the Superbowl. It’s a long season.

Really? Who has the best record in the NFL? How many teams have the same record as SF? The playoff wins will be the important games. Anything can happen between now and the Superbowl. It’s a long season.

Who have the Eagles played? They just got routed in Philly. NFC East is weak and has been. Lot of their wins this year were very close games too.

Purdy by far is the best QB in the league and should get MVP award.

Who have the Eagles played? They just got routed in Philly. NFC East is weak and has been. Lot of their wins this year were very close games too.

Every team has a bad game now and then. It’s not unusual to play a team twice with different results in each game in one season. It’s how they perform throughout the entire season that counts. Even if Purdy were the best QB, one bad play can take him out for the season. Same with Hurts. The Eagles play one game at a time and the most important one is the one coming up.

Having grown up in Philly in the 60's and 70's I am an ever pessimistic Eagles fan.

At least one TV network analyst has also made this observation so it's not just me My observation: The Eagles have been playing C+ football all year. Played weak teams and struggled against some and got beat by one. Miami was the only real team they played before this current 6 game stretch of strong teams. Kudos for the win there.

I was fully prepared for them to go 0-6 after going 9-1. I am so glad they nicked KC, Dallas, and Buffalo. But it's always a white-knuckle ride with them. You can't keep living on that. Either they finally pull it out and get cracking or they will backdoor their way into the playoff by dint of the easy first half and then 1) be promptly disposed of or 2) look like the Broncos vs Washington in SB whatever it was.

I agree with most of this. Philly had many close wins and never appeared dominating against the better teams. Their games have been more like the Vikings of last year, and we know how that ended.

Since their 3 loses the 49ers have run over teams. A healthy Deebo Samuel is a big difference. While I would not call Purdy the best QB in league, he is definitely among the top 5. I would definitely put him above Josh Allen. If they continue this roll - and in the NFL, being hot late in the season is a lot better than being hot early - I can see him getting there. Lets see how they do against the "bird" teams in the next 3 weeks :).

Packers outplayed the Chiefs. Love out played Mahomes.

The game ended when Mahomes threw the INT.

The last couple minutes was garbage time with the refs making bad calls and non calls.

Last edited:
Packers outplayed the Chiefs. Love out played Mahomes.

The game ended when Mahomes threw the INT.

The last couple minutes was garbage time with the refs making bad calls and non calls.

That was some crazy stuff at the end. Not sure if that first potential pass interference was a make-up call for the bad unnecessary roughness penalty or just successive bad calls. On the Hail Mary, there's always a lot of contact. Still, if I was a Chiefs' fan (and my cousin is), I would be annoyed. As a Packers' fan, I celebrated the fifth quarter with a small Elijah Craig and one of those big ice cubes.

That was some crazy stuff at the end. Not sure if that first potential pass interference was a make-up call for the bad unnecessary roughness penalty or just successive bad calls. On the Hail Mary, there's always a lot of contact. Still, if I was a Chiefs' fan (and my cousin is), I would be annoyed. As a Packers' fan, I celebrated the fifth quarter with a small Elijah Craig and one of those big ice cubes.

I don't think Chiefs fans can be too upset about the first potential pass interference since it happened right after a big non-call that went in their favor. The hail mary potential pass interference was less contact than most hail marys and I think it was the right non-call. Kelce was pushed a little in the back but he was not going to catch that ball anyway. The Pack just played better and deserved the win. With a weak schedule to end the season they could very possibly make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom