Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure TP will be available by the time I use up my 300 rolls (equivalent). I'm the only one using it. But I hope others enjoy their diapers, I'm not planning on it.

Even though it's just DW and me in the house my wife likes a particular brand/tupe so we buy 48 roll boxes online . We currently have just over 1/2 a box of 48 rolls.
We buy most other household items in bulk too, this worked out well since we have about a month's worth of staples in our pantry. No extra corona virus shopping was needed!

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying you need 7 rolls or TP per week? I use one roll every 2-4 weeks. Who TF uses a roll of TP every day or two?

We’re household of 2, 1 male, 1 female. One of those large Kirkland rolls lasts us almost a week if not longer. So I was also surprised at 2 rolls per day.

My wife "the household buyer" has not bought any since the Covid-19 scare.
However, whenever she sees a deal on toilet paper, paper towel or tissue paper, she buys it. That would normally be two for one with a good coupon.
I took some pictures a week ago, but only in one room, I just checked two closets and found 231 rolls of TP, 96 rolls of paper towel and 24 boxes of tissue paper.

Here's are the pictures I took a week ago, they do not include what I listed above. Note, she does send some home with the kids every time they visit.
Sometimes, I think she overstocks :LOL:!

Attachments

• TP.jpg
    TP.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 27
  • TP1.jpg
    TP1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 26
We've seen any number of news stories on stocking up on toilet paper which means it's time for a poll. How many rolls of TP do you have on hand?

Six and dropping........ Our well stocked stock is less than a mile away, plus I sneak one from the guest bathroom if I run low. Sorry guests!

One new large package, so about 20 rolls....should last the 2 of us about 3 months

My wife "the household buyer" has not bought any since the Covid-19 scare.
However, whenever she sees a deal on toilet paper, paper towel or tissue paper, she buys it. That would normally be two for one with a good coupon.
I took some pictures a week ago, but only in one room, I just checked two closets and found 231 rolls of TP, 96 rolls of paper towel and 24 boxes of tissue paper.

Here's are the pictures I took a week ago, they do not include what I listed above. Note, she does send some home with the kids every time they visit.
Sometimes, I think she overstocks :LOL:!

Getting closer to qualifying for the Hoarders TV show.:D

We’ve got 12 for the two of us.

I do wonder at this bizarre situation - if we were all purchasing TP at our usual rates (whatever those were), we would all have what we need with no dramatic store stakeouts for deliveries.

Encountered my first public restroom with no TP yesterday (state park, sign posted TP would not be “restocked”) and am thinking business that are closing may wish to post guards at the restrooms!

Getting closer to qualifying for the Hoarders TV show.:D

Ya! But, not really, this paper products, freezer full of food, and stock of canned goods, has been a marriage long trait. I can't fault her a lot, because
I give her a lot of credit for us having saved (what was and still is) a large multiple of our income.
My wife is an Asian immigrant, she escaped. She went through, days in the old country where your currency up to a certain amount could be exchanged, and then what you had left was worthless. Then she lived on an island until someone sponsored her and her family. That's over 40 years ago, but, it seems the mindset is still there.
I tried to get her to write a book about 30 years ago, it really is an interesting story.
One tidbit, her dad (a fisherman) built a boat, put the motor in and never made a test run, the first run was the escape, ( the commies are always watching) when they arrived at the island, the immigrants that had already arrived, run out into the water and started knocking holes in the boat, Why, because the Malaysian navy would tow any seaworthy boat back out to sea, to go elsewhere. Had to build their own dwelling and beds.

Then there is her and her brother's entrepreneurship buying and selling as other entrepreneurs brought in food and other items from Malaysia.
She should a wrote the book!

Got up to get to Walmart at 7am. No TP in stock. The supermarket opened late at 7:30am and was able to score two rolls and 20lbs of rice. Now I have 4 plus one in the bathroom.:dance:

I was just commenting to my wife that I was glad we bought the 2 giant packs of toilet paper three weeks ago when I had the (panic? foresight?) to see this coming.

She reminded me about the 2 other packs in the van that we didn't have room for in the apartment. I had totally forgotten about those.

Sorry guys, but we have a **** ton of toilet paper :hide:

I think I will go give some to the neighbors.

One tidbit, her dad (a fisherman) built a boat, put the motor in and never made a test run, the first run was the escape, ( the commies are always watching) when they arrived at the island, the immigrants that had already arrived, run out into the water and started knocking holes in the boat, Why, because the Malaysian navy would tow any seaworthy boat back out to sea, to go elsewhere.

Juxtapose that with today's "Permanently Triggered" - it's to weep at how soft many people have become.

The poll should have been titled "Are you part of the problem?" Yes is if you purchased more than 1 months worth of TP you became "part of the problem".

The poll should have been titled "Are you part of the problem?" Yes is if you purchased more than 1 months worth of TP you became "part of the problem".

So it is unreasonable to buy a supply of toilet paper nearly a month ago while there was zero panic and the shelves were full?

Guess we should not have sold any stocks either.

Are the toilet paper factories running 24/7? They should be. The time to buy/hoard is as soon as possible so when things get worse we don't have to walk the streets or stand in line with contaminated people.

So it is unreasonable to buy a supply of toilet paper nearly a month ago while there was zero panic and the shelves were full?

Guess we should not have sold any stocks either.
Last I checked neither coronavirus nor an associated financial crises causes an increase in TP usage.

Last I checked the factories making TP are domestic and still are running.

So the only reason stores ran out is because of excessive panic buying by people.

So yes, the people hoarding TP ARE part of the problem.

Last I checked neither coronavirus nor an associated financial crises causes an increase in TP usage.

So the only reason stores ran out is because of excessive panic buying by people.

So yes, the people hoarding TP ARE part of the problem.

And people selling stocks are part of the financial problem, which can cause far more shortages and business disruptions than someone buying TP

I used to sell technology to the pulp and paper industry. A chemical pulping facility typically has very few people per square mile, so they may be able to be "socially distanced" without changing anything. A tissue mill has a bit higher person density, but the machines are "huge!", and it only takes a few people to run it.

Just to be OT, I'll say I bought 1 package of TP and 1 package of Bounty at Sam's after the pandemic was upon us. There was no oversight by staff. Today I got a report from a friend who went to Sam's. They reported a staffer handing 1 package of TP and 1 package of paper towels to each customer (they wouldn't give you two or more).

***mod hat on***

Knock it off, this is supposed to be a somewhat light-hearted thread in a difficult overall area. Blame game and sniping at one another is not the way to go, if you want these threads to be open to you.

***mod hat off***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom