Poll: How many rolls of toilet paper do you have?

How many rolls of toilet paper do you have on hand?

• 12 or less

Votes: 72 20.5%
  • 13 - 24

Votes: 99 28.1%
  • 25 - 48

Votes: 91 25.9%
  • 49 - 96

Votes: 55 15.6%
  • 97 - 144

Votes: 15 4.3%
  • I can't count that high

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • NYDB

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really in fear of a nationwide TP shortage? OMG. :facepalm:

No, like I said earlier, I bought most of these in January, well before this whole TP shortage. Also, that's the equivalent rolls, the actual number of rolls is 1/4 of that.

Long before all this, and hopefully afterwards I'll still buy TP in large quantities, it is one of my favorite purchases when needing to spend $3,000 on a new credit card for the bonus.
Sure I pay bills, buy other stuff, but if I'm a few hundred short of the goal I know I can load up on TP, it does not go bad/stale, stacks well, well protected in plastic from dust, and very useful. The super extra benefit compared to say buying a jack-hammer is none of my neighbors ever think to come over and borrow my TP :D

Are you really in fear of a nationwide TP shortage? OMG. :facepalm:
It's happened before.

Absolute madness ensued. Millions of Americans swarmed grocery outlets and hoarded all the toilet paper they could get their hands on. “I heard it on the news, so I brought 15 extra rolls,” one customer told*The New York Times. “For my baby shower,” said another, “I told my party guests to bring toilet paper.” In the chaos, company officers and industry leaders told the public to remain calm; store owners ordered astronomical quantities of toilet paper, and set limits of two rolls per customer. Nobody seemed to play by the rules.*

https://priceonomics.com/the-great-toilet-paper-scare-of-1973/

Stores should practice "surge" pricing.
First 2 packs of TP are normal price, 3rd pack is 4x the cost, 4th pack is 5x and so on.

That might bring it a little under control

The president is telling people not to hoard but:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...rk-city-up-to-463-coronavirus-cases--7-deaths
The mayor called on New Yorkers to exercise extreme caution in the coming days, encouraging people to avoid going outside, public gatherings and work from home.

“In general, the simple rule is when in doubt, stay home,” de Blasio said during the briefing.

Someone needs to pay, if necessary, manufacturers to work around the clock so people could stock up before it gets worse. This should have happened weeks ago. I was going to go shopping for more stuff but now I don't know.

The super extra benefit compared to say buying a jack-hammer is none of my neighbors ever think to come over and borrow my TP :D

That was true in the BC (Before Coronavirus) era. Today DW was asked by a neighbor if we had extra to spare. :)

The president is telling people not to hoard but:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-borough...rk-city-up-to-463-coronavirus-cases--7-deaths

Someone needs to pay, if necessary, manufacturers to work around the clock so people could stock up before it gets worse. This should have happened weeks ago. I was going to go shopping for more stuff but now I don't know.

Most manufacturers work 24/7 anyway. They can't do any more than normal. Georgia Pacific, Proctor & Gamble, and Kimberly Clark are all in my area and make toilet paper 24/7. They can't do any more than normal. It takes months to get an additional machine up and running if they even have space.

I don't understand why we can't pull TP from the strategic toilet paper reserve during this time of need.

I get a delivery every few months from Who Gives a Crap. They contribute $$ to help build sanitary facilities around the world, and their products are made from 100% recycled materials. Happen to have 30 rolls on hand when the panic shopping started, so no worries.

My SO who foresaw all the problems ordered toilet paper and masks before the hoarding so we are golden.

Not that I'm blaming this forum or anything! As of posting no. of rolls on the TP poll I'm getting 'DUDE wipes' ads when I surf U Tube.

We're being watched!! :greetings10: :dance::dance: :LOL::LOL:;)

heh heh heh - :cool: I asked - DW knew how many rolls were in a Costco bundle.

If you place printer paper on soft surface and beat it with rolling pin or whatever the kids use to beat things these days, you get toilet paper, right?

If you place printer paper on soft surface and beat it with rolling pin or whatever the kids use to beat things these days, you get toilet paper, right?

printer paper or stock certificates, yeah.

I'm glad I have both toilets fitted with bidet seats - :)

Our small town is built around a paper mill that makes toilet paper. I'm less than ten miles away from the mill, but haven't seen a single roll on store shelves in over two weeks! :)

I took inventory this morning, we have 27 mega rolls between the two bathrooms. I've never paid attention to how long a roll lasts us, but I would think at least a week. Hopefully supply will catch up to demand before then.

DW went shopping early this morning and got another 9 rolls. Score! She could have got more but we have about 9 on hand so we didn't need them and didn't want to hoard.

I scored this at WM yesterday afternoon. The TP packages were not being fought over.:confused: I guess supply is catching up with demand?

TP Score.jpg

Hoarder! Buying the 18 roll package rather than the 9 roll package that DW bought! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_202403069.jpg
    IMG_20200320_202403069.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 17
I said 24. The wife found two left and could only buy one because of store rules. We usually buy a 24 pack and when it is down to just a few then get another. She paid 16 bucks for that 24 pack today.

Stopped by our local Walmart today about 3pm to pickup a few things. Lot's of empty shelves in the grocery dept. I couldn't find most of what I wanted. Almost nothing in the meat dept, 75+% of the canned goods and frozen foods were gone. The OTC pharmacy was about 50% empty. About the only thing that looked normally stocked was the fresh fruits and vegetables area. Hopefully once everyone has "fully stocked up" the shelves will start returning to normal load levels. (e.g. full).

The funny thing was, as soon anyone walked in the store and picked up a basket, "without asking", an employee would put a 12 pack of TP in your basket. (Limit one). I thought maybe it was "free"... :LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom