Poll: surgery or cast?

What should Wab do for his broken wrist?

• surgery

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • cast

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • let it flap in the breeze

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
The votes are in, and once again the wisdom of crowds prevails.

I got a second opinion today. This doc thought a cast was a no-brainer. He said that the displacement was very small, and thought chances of a "collapse" were basically zero. The risks associated with surgery, while small, were the larger risks.

He talked to the first doc, who admitted that surgery was "aggressive." Surgery makes a lot of sense for somebody who needs a quick recovery (like a surgeon or athlete), but no sense for a young retired slacker like me.

He told me exactly what I wanted to hear, so I canceled the surgery and got a stylish new cast. Blue fiberglass instead of shiny titanium. :)

wab said:
He told me exactly what I wanted to hear, so I canceled the surgery and got a stylish new cast. Blue fiberglass instead of shiny titanium. :)

Pictures!

That sounds like a great result.

The beaver wanted to be the first to sign you cast, but he couldn't fit the entire poem.

Attachments

• CastSignature.jpg
    CastSignature.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 17
  • CastSignature.jpg_thumb
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Martha said:
Does it itch under there yet? >:D

The itch isn't as bad as that stuff that grew between my fingers during the week that my hand was immobilized by the ER splint. Even my dogs didn't want to sniff me....

Be glad that this isn't the after picture:

Attachments

• FullBodyCast.jpg
    FullBodyCast.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FullBodyCast.jpg_thumb
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom