post your favorite oldies

Thanks Bbb! It was about time The Fab Four appeared here! The White Album is one of my favourites and in there Blackbird, Julia, Martha My Dear...

Fixin' a hole in the ocean
Tryin' to make a dovetail joint, yeah
Lookin' through a glass onion

Let's pick it up a little bit.
The blond dancing behind the singer just reminded me of something...a buried memory cell fired. :LOL: In the Charlie Brown's Christmas cartoon classic, when all the kids start dancing to Schroeder's piano instead of rehearsing for the Christmas play, one of the Peanuts characters is doing a step similar to the Mashed Potato footwork. Too funny!

Mine too Vicente...:)

Here's one I used to shake my 6 year old booty to.....

I'll bet you did! And believe me, it was also AWESOME to be old enough to dance to this in your socks at a high school dance. :D That song is unforgettable.

I'll bet you did! And believe me, it was also AWESOME to be old enough to dance to this in your socks at a high school dance. :D That song is unforgettable.
That record was cherished by me...it got played on a record player that was about the size of a car trunk.........:LOL:

Johnny sang with the Crests back in the 50's. He's been with the Brooklyn Bridge now for as long as I can remember. I get to see him all the time at my friends house who he's best friends with. He just turned 70 and sounds as good today as he did over 50 years ago.

YouTube - The Angels Listened In

Not classics, but songs that I remember from my pre-teen years. I'd wait all day with the AM radio pressed to my head waiting for them to come on.

There are no novelty or ballads in pop music anymore.

"Stagger Lee"--The Isley Brothers

"When You're Hot, You're Hot" -- Jerry Reed.
That wasn't Jerry's best tune but it was the first time I'd heard him. He was an amazing guitar talent, and a funny guy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom