post your favorite oldies

I fully realize this doesn't meet the standard of an "oldie" but I'll just post it anyway. Came out in '77 (hey, isn't 32+ years old?) and features lots of cool oldie movie clips.

YouTube - The Passenger

I don't really have an 'oldies' favorite, but I'm going to get some exposure because I just bought the 'Time Life' 10-CD set of 'Oldies but Goodies' (50's songs) for the wife for Christmas. She complained that she never has anything to play on the CD player in the car. Here in Indianapolis we have no oldies station--I used to play the oldies about every Saturday when I was out doing yardwork.

PTT, did you check out the songs on the CD set. I think most of the songs are from the 60's on that set but not really sure.

Here in Indianapolis we have no oldies station--I used to play the oldies about every Saturday when I was out doing yardwork.

I lived/worked in INDY area for a while. I'm sure there was an oldie station at that time (WFBQ? WNDE?). I know things change, and as I get older, believe it or don't, one of my fears is that the "oldies" stations will begin playing '80s and '90s music as "oldies". At some point, I'm sure us Baby Boomers - huge as our generation is - will fall off the radar of the market-driven media. When that happens, we'll have to find our own oldies to play. For that reason, I have collections of original and "packaged" oldies (late '50s to very early '70s) on vinyl, 4-track cassette, and CDs.

Long live the (real) oldies!!

Oh yeah. When "rap" is on the oldies stations - I hope I'm dead:(

Back
Top Bottom