Share your amazing coincidence story

Wife and I were at a rooftop bar at a resort about 10 hours from home and invited another random couple to join us who were looking for a place to sit. Turns out other guy was a co-worker to the husband of a co-worker of mine.

Wife and I were at a rooftop bar at a resort about 10 hours from home and invited another random couple to join us who were looking for a place to sit. Turns out other guy was a co-worker to the husband of a co-worker of mine.

"Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."

"Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."
Ioften win at this. My high school principal was good friends with Elvis. And my dad was good friends with a late 60s pro football player named Mike Tilleman. Im a lock on many celebrities of the era.

The small town I'm from is called Napoleonville and my FIL's name is Napoleon. My dad's name is Harris and my husband is from Harris county.

My mother, when a young girl, and grandmother were abandoned by my grandfather. For nearly 50 years she never knew where he went or what happened to him. Growing up I heard a few stories that he was a womanizer and all around not a very nice person. I had never even seen a picture of him. My mother never had a good memory of her father or wanted to talk about him.

By chance my mother was contacted by people claiming to be half sisters to her just a few years before she passed. I knew about this contact but my mother didn't have any interest in starting a relationship with her newly discovered siblings. They lived several states away.

About seven years ago I had the sad task of cleaning out parent's house after they both passed. While sorting through some old black and white photos of people I did not know, I suddenly realized these photos had to have been sent to my mother from her half siblings. I know this because one photo was a picture of a man posing with his family. My heart literally skipped a beat as the man looked exactly like me. I'm talking very nearly identical twin resemblance. My mother never mentioned it to me.

Interesting that she kept the photos.

One of my sisters is lawyer. Years ago, when she started practicing law, she had a case come up before a judge. The judge asked her to approach the bench before the trial started, and asked her "I noticed your last name. I only know of one other person with that last name, he was an elementary school classmate of my daughter. she really liked him, talked about him all the time, and he seemed like a nice kid. Might you be related?" It turns out that "nice kid" was me. The judge was thrilled to find that out, and that as an adult I was doing very well.

The same guy!

So I'm on a flight from Shanghai to the USA via Tokyo. Sitting next to a Chinese guy who doesn't speak English. My Chinese is pretty decent so we hit it off and were really enjoying the flight together. I helped him order his meals and drinks as the ANA flight attendant didn't speak any Chinese. He was really grateful. On arrival in the USA we wished each other well and parted ways.

Three weeks later I am getting on the plane to return to Shanghai, and who is my seatmate? Yep, the same guy! We were both surprised and even a little suspicious, haha. We exchanged contact details, both wondering if fate was in play here, but nothing more ever came of it...

We live in Washington DC but were visiting Glacier National Park. Halfway up the Going to the Sun road we pulled into a rest stop at the same time another car pulled up. After both couples got out we stared at each other for a few seconds before we realized the other couple was a pair of local DC dance instructors we had taken classes with.

I thought I'd revive this thread after something a bit spooky happened yesterday.

DW was watching "Wheel of Fortune" (I know, we're getting old!). I was half paying attention and playing with my phone.

For some reason the name "Adrian Cronauer" popped into my head. He's the real-life guy on whom the movie "Good Morning Vietnam" was based. I have no idea how or why, but I said: "Gee I wonder what happened to him?", and, getting tired of watching Vanna turn letters, I Googled him and was taken to Wikipedia.

There, I learned about Adrian's story only to find....that when Adrian left Vietnam, his replacement was.........Pat Sajak.

Hmmmmm

On the Minnesota Canadian border is a beautiful wilderness area accessed mainly by canoe, called The Boundary Waters. You drive for miles and miles and see nothing but trees and some cabins until you reach a lake which begins the access point to a pristine area devoid of any signs of civilization.
The night before our journey via canoe into the wilderness we booked a small fishing cabin that had a common bath house. My wife walked into the bath house and I heard screams. She ran into her childhood friend she had not seen in years. Her and her husband were starting out the next day as well.

This past summer, I noticed that my car battery seemed to be getting weaker. We went out to celebrate my sister’s birthday and when we came out of the restaurant, the car wouldn’t start. I shut off all electronics (stereo, AC, etc) and got the car to start. The next day, which was my sister’s actual birthday, I went to the store where I bought the battery and just before walking in, I decided to see if I still had the original purchase receipt. Found it in the glove box - purchased 4 years ago to the day. Battery had a 4 year warranty. Drove off with a new battery installed for $0, with about 4 hours left on the 4 year warranty.

I have 2:
I had graduated college and moved from NY to LA. I was in the UCLA bookstore when I heard a voice behind me, I turned, and said :Hello Sheila".
I had not seen her since the 6th grade. Her family had moved to CA some years later.
My late wife and I were in Harry's Bar in Venice, and we saw another American couple at the next table. We started to chat with them, and it turned out the man had gone to high school in Pittsburgh with my wife.

This past summer, I noticed that my car battery seemed to be getting weaker. We went out to celebrate my sister’s birthday and when we came out of the restaurant, the car wouldn’t start. I shut off all electronics (stereo, AC, etc) and got the car to start. The next day, which was my sister’s actual birthday, I went to the store where I bought the battery and just before walking in, I decided to see if I still had the original purchase receipt. Found it in the glove box - purchased 4 years ago to the day. Battery had a 4 year warranty. Drove off with a new battery installed for $0, with about 4 hours left on the 4 year warranty.
I'm surprised it wasn't pro-rated.

Last edited:
I believe there’s no such thing as coincidences.

After a few years of being together, Some very coincidental information came to light that proves our relationship was destiny, and I have my 1st "almost" wife to thank.
Basically grew up in NY with my mother and Stepfather, At 16 I moved in with my Father and Stepmother 2 hours away... She was very religious and I was forced to go to church.
Got involved with a girl, ended up living with her a few towns away, Her brother got me some work with a guy named "STAN".
We became engaged, And I moved her to NC, and I came home (Army) to find she had sold hocked trashed about everything I owned and ran back..
Well I went after her, and found myself devastated, wander down the street with nowhere to go... And literally bump into "STAN" walking out of his house, and puts me to work..
One day Im working on "STANs" building, 20 foot up on a ladder when these girls come walking by... The guys start flirting, and one girl wants to leave, But her friends LIE and say they know us...
This girl became my wife...
With that said... We discovered that not only did we go to the same church together... She is related to my stepmother thru marriage...
AND...
The ex and mys apartment was in a 4 unit building... down stairs front, She was babysitting in the upstairs back apartment during the same time.
So in 4 years we spent several times in the same space, not meeting... until HER friends LIE about knowing a guy I know due to the EX's brother...
I'm thinking it would make a good Lifetime Movie.

A few years back I visited an outdoor site that took in many of my interests in life. I no longer visit that site (took too much time) but was an active participant for many years.

One day when I was on there, I asked a poster a question. He was avid outdoorsman and always found him interesting and liked his posts. Then the question was answered he reveled his last name. His last name is the same last name I have. A name that is very, very uncommon.

I thought about PMing him but decided to leave my identity disclosed. He lived on a bordering state from me and not that far. We were about the same age. My history/heritage came to Ellis Island and dispersed from there.

Through the years of being on that site I had seen a picture of him, and I could absolutely see resemblances of my father side of the family.

I drove from the midwest to Anaheim CA to attend the national meeting of the association I belonged to as part of my j*b. It was held at the convention center across the street from Disney Land. There were literally thousands of members of the association there for the several-days meeting.

I was riding down the escalator one morning and at the bottom was a guy who w*rked in my lab but had no connection to the meeting I was attending. We shook hands and chatted a moment. HE was there for a seminar on managing money (he had married up - WAY up) and was learning how to manage his wife's money! He "retired" soon after this coincidental meeting. (Actually, he wasn't eligible to retire yet, so lost all but some minimal benefits he would receive at age 65.)

About 10 years ago when we had started traveling in the motorhome after retiring I saw another motorhome with Louisiana plates in a campground in Albuquerque. I told my DW I had to go see where they were from. Turns out it was the older brother of my best man in our wedding. Hadn't seen him in over 40 years.

Yesterday my Dw advised me that we "needed" to go shopping for me a suit or sports jacket. So we took off and we found one. The guy who helped me out had ask my name, & I told him and he told me his 1st. name. As we were checking out he ask where I was from and I told him. He said that his last name and mine was the same. We talked a little more and it turned out he had two other brothers and told me their names. His and one of his brothers were the same name as 2 of my younger brothers. My DW said that was really strange and I agree it was unusual.

Back
Top Bottom