Springtime in Texas

Ancient times when I worked outside of Denver they posted every spring 'watch your step' cause the rattlesnakes loved the blacktop parking lots and the pathways between buildings. Since I started at 7 am the 'catches' were later. Biggest I remember was 11 rattles in 'my parking lot' caught around lunchtime by security.

heh heh heh - in da city Stretch the cat has bought in two garter snakes so far. More my speed. :greetings10:

I hate snakes and am terrified of them. My daughter’s family live on a ranch in West Texas and when I visit, there are often rattlers. My daughter is skilled at catching and killing them when they are on the porch or near the house with a snake pole thing. It’s a testament to just how much I love my grandchildren that I willingly go down to visit.

No, I don't like any snakes. Don't particular like scorpions, or black widow spiders either and I see a lot of those around here.

Never seen a snake "I" consider good... Yes, I know many eat mice and many are not venomous but I'm not taking any chances. My snake solution (venomous or not) is to apply 1/2 oz of #4's at ~1200 fps and the issue becomes moot. Sometimes a quick second application is required.

Well I guess some look for any excuse to fire weapons...

My wife picked up a snake and handed it to me on one of our first dates/hikes. She used to have multiple snake terrariums. For the longest time we had a 'snake stick' in the car, because you never know when you're going to need to pick one up and admire it. LOL

Speaking of 'picking up' snakes our cat today started his (in good weather) practice of bringing in live garter snakes an putting them in the middle of the living room carpet to play with.

heh heh heh - warm today. :D :cool:

Back
Top Bottom