Talula does the Hula from Hawaii

As an aside, when I first clicked on this thread I thought it was going to be a "Hi I am" from someone named Talula from Hawaii who figured she'd just get the dang 'hula' thing out of the way right up front.

A house up the street from us is being sold by a real estate agent named Dick Cox.
In this case his parents probably knew how he was going to turn out, and weren't at all surprised when he became a realtor instead of a stockbroker or a used-car seller...

I went to school with a guy named Jensen, who was turned down by the Marine Corps and had to go into the Navy's surface line-- where he was not very happy at being promoted to the rank of ensign.

I went to school with a sweet guy named John Pottie.

One day a co-worker called to tell me to expect a call from "Tom Glascock, an unfortunate name."

I love IDing myself at banks by owning up to the fact that mom's maiden name is "Crapple." Gets a laugh every time; but don't get me started on relatives who changed their names; as I child I was baffled how some of them were related to me; yet another cousin is changing his name so that his three sons won't have to deal with it. My theory is that highly successful people keep their odd birth names.

And then there was my 5th grade teacher, Miss Witt who married the 7th grade teacher, Mr. Smilie. :):)

A good friend of my mine in Jr. High was named Richard Longbottom. Needless to say this being Jr. High, Dick Longbottom made for great taunts

Never did know the guy's first name, but his last name was Puttyphat. That was bad enough.

Guy in high school was named William Robert - he was as dumb as a box of rocks so his nickname became "Billy Bob".

I swear this is a true name.

One of my training commands used to teach junior enlisted to operate the TOMAHAWK missile-launching consoles. They usually had less than a year of service by the time we got them. One day we were informed that a student had enlisted under the Delayed Entry Program but, during the period before he actually started recruit training, he had sold cocaine to a federal agent.

Our first question was whether the feds had the right guy. We were informed that his Vietnamese parents had named him Phuc Decao.

Which is pretty much what the UCMJ proceeded to do to him.

For you veterans wondering about the paperwork, when we dropped him from the course we used the code that means "Student did not meet training prerequisites".

Back
Top Bottom