They are watching you

You may have allowed the app to use your current location, so that's how it tracked you. I never allow that, except for goo*** maps. You can set this property on an iPhone under the Settings -> Privacy tab. It's funny sometimes my VPN spoofs mylocation as being somewhere else (far away) which really confounds searches!

I feel decently confident apple will protect your privacy. That's partly why they cost so much - don't make a profit selling your marketing info. Whoever trusts google (marketing company) to make a phone to store your personal info.... that blows my mind.

Both apple and google have pushed back against government requests but Facebook is pure sleaze.

Apple may have good intentions, but no one is immune to a hack.

Google, Facebook, and Twitter all engage in disgusting practices.

"Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you..."

fooled

and I thought I had them fooled... wow... to bad... Hello to all...

And some people will eagerly line up to buy the new IPhone with facial recognition software...as if knowing your browsing and purchasing preferences isn't enough, they will be voluntarily providing a picture of their face that will end up in who knows how many data bases.

Huh? I think this already happened from all those selfies eagerly posted everywhere.

My wife and I went to a restaurant Saturday night that we sometimes frequent. When we were seated I noticed my phone had a message. It was the Trip Advisor app asking if I wanted to rate the restaurant!?

Yeah - Trip Advisor is super annoying. Don't let it know where you are.

It is called cookies. You can go into your device and wipe out all cookies anytime you like to stop such messages.
It really doesn't mean any person is watching you.

My wife and I went to a restaurant Saturday night that we sometimes frequent. When we were seated I noticed my phone had a message. It was the Trip Advisor app asking if I wanted to rate the restaurant!?

I always have Location turned off unless I need it for an app that can't work without knowing my location (e.g., where is the nearest Starbucks?). I do occasionally post on FB and tag my location. Now FB immediately asks me how I'd rate the place- not just hotels or restaurants but places such as the blood bank. NO, thanks- they get enough "user-generated content" from me.

Back
Top Bottom