Unhappy Cities

Interesting to see on the list that the place we live (Shreveport-Bossier City, LA) is shown as number 3 of happiest cities. :)

Louisiana has 6 out of 10 of those happiest city spots. Must have something to do with all that great food and the music. ;)

Maybe it correlates with alcohol consumption.

Would the happy cities' homeless population be lower than unhappy cities?

If you're referring to my #19 post, that was a poor attempt at humor. The temperature in Rochester MN. is very cold, so not many street dwellers.

I don't believe there is a connection between number of homeless and happiness, unless you happen to be the unfortunate homeless person.

Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

If you're referring to my #19 post, that was a poor attempt at humor. The temperature in Rochester MN. is very cold, so not many street dwellers.

I don't believe there is a connection between number of homeless and happiness, unless you happen to be the unfortunate homeless person.

Sorry for any confusion.
Rochester, Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rochester has been positive on several lists over the years.
Major employers are Mayo Clinic and IBM.
Not too far from Minneapolis, in case you need something from the BIG city.
Sounds great!

My metropolitan area is above average. I'd buy that. Still, how do I get to be happier? Surely, the people in Louisiana have food to help them towards that state, although I suspect the humidity there would knock a few points off for me.

I was reminded of Emeril Lagasse, who was constantly saying "Happy! Happy!" as he cooked his dishes on TV. Thus, I looked up his recipe for Jambalaya as shown below from FoodTV. I shall be making that soon.

Cajun Jambalaya Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

My metropolitan area is above average. I'd buy that. Still, how do I get to be happier? Surely, the people in Louisiana have food to help them towards that state, although I suspect the humidity there would knock a few points off for me.

I was reminded of Emeril Lagasse, who was constantly saying "Happy! Happy!" as he cooked his dishes on TV. Thus, I looked up his recipe for Jambalaya as shown below from FoodTV. I shall be making that soon.

Cajun Jambalaya Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

I don't know if anybody bothers to click at the above link to see how Emeril did his Jambalaya there, but I usually brown the meat first before cooking the rice. In the recipe above, the meat is added after the rice has been partially cooked.

And even stranger is another recipe by Emeril where he did it what I call the usual way, i.e. brown the meat first before adding the rice. I do not know what to make of that.

Andouille and Chicken Jambalaya Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

Either way, "Happy! Happy!" (Photo linked from: http://www.emerils.com/121423/cajun-jambalaya).

CajunJambalaya.JPG

Last edited:
NC where we live is pretty happy too. Wouldn't move here for the weather but at least we have 4 seasons. :)

NC where we live is pretty happy too. Wouldn't move here for the weather but at least we have 4 seasons. :)
Interesting comment. I met a couple from Asheville, and their complaint was 40's at night, too cold. Must be a wide range of temperatures since the state reaches from mountains to the ocean.

Interesting comment. I met a couple from Asheville, and their complaint was 40's at night, too cold. Must be a wide range of temperatures since the state reaches from mountains to the ocean.

Winter temps can get down into the teens anywhere in the state, but I don't think it's as harsh the further east you get. We live in the "triangle" (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) area, pretty nice here. :dance:

Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

No, it was my attempt at humor.

Back
Top Bottom