What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor sold his house, and it really brought home to me how super hot the market is now.

A very similar house on the same block sold last year and he listed his for 30% more. Got an offer of almost 5% more than that within a few hours, and a backup offer if that falls through.

The interesting part is that he simply decided it was a great time to sell, and has no idea where he'll move to -- just started looking because he didn't expect the sale to happen so quickly.

Neighbor sold his house, and it really brought home to me how super hot the market is now.

A very similar house on the same block sold last year and he listed his for 30% more. Got an offer of almost 5% more than that within a few hours, and a backup offer if that falls through.

The interesting part is that he simply decided it was a great time to sell, and has no idea where he'll move to -- just started looking because he didn't expect the sale to happen so quickly.

Man, it would be exciting to just decide one day I'm selling and nowhere to go but I'm going. Lol

I like that style and if I wasn't married, I would consider doing that same thing. I could always move full time to ranch and get out of there in the winter.

I did hear that the housing market isn't as hot as it was, and things are starting to go down with fewer buyers.

I've been keeping a low profile the last 3 days. Caught wifey's cold (we both tested, not covid) and not a real bad one with the nasty sore throat like you drank battery acid, but the usual body ache, congestion and sneezing, runny nose and eyes, general lack of energy.

Need to heal up, got lots of boat stuff to do - :)

I'm calling it! As of 11:20am on May 14th, my spring landscaping and outdoor prep work is complete! I live in Northwestern PA and we've had a very wet spring here.

I just pulled the patio furniture out of storage and washed it down. Earlier in the week, I power washed the deck. All the deck flower pots are filled and doing nicely. I put in 2 new landscape beds on the backside of the house and lined them with landscape stones. I did the mulching of the new beds and my hired landscaping company did the larger beds on the front side of the house. I planted 4 new annuals (azaleas and hydrangeas) in the beds to fill in some holes. All the flower pots on the front walk and steps are in place and doing nicely. My giant mutant peonies in the front-most bed are about 3 feet high and I've put their support braces around them. The yard has been mowed twice and looks nice except for a few problem areas that I have decided to tackle this year. I've purchased the seed, topsoil, and treatments to start working on those, but am waiting until it looks like decent rains will be in the forecast for a while so I won't have to manually water so much after I put it down. I'm sure that will be a multi-week process.

Who knew retirement was so much work!

DGS #2, age 6 spent the night, we will be off to the local Barnes and Noble for a new book and toy later this morning. DS will be by later today to pick him up. He has a Karate thing tonight and is so excited to go.
This afternoon, DD, DSiL and DGS#3, age 2, will be over for a visit and dinner.

A day with Family is the best. At least to us!

I sang in a choral concert at church this afternoon. It is a community choir that consists of most of my church choir plus anyone from the community who wants to join us, and we sing secular music. We usually put on two concerts a year. We were originally going to perform this one in March 2020, but Covid came along.

My favorite piece today was Billy Joel's incredibly poignant "And So It Goes", as arranged by Bob Chilcott and performed here by The King's Singers. I sang the little solo parts.

I sang in a choral concert at church this afternoon. It is a community choir that consists of most of my church choir plus anyone from the community who wants to join us, and we sing secular music. We usually put on two concerts a year. We were originally going to perform this one in March 2020, but Covid came along.

My favorite piece today was Billy Joel's incredibly poignant "And So It Goes", as arranged by Bob Chilcott and performed here by The King's Singers. I sang the little solo parts.

Beautiful! And your solos also!

DW finished her hydroponic garden project, and I popped in some plants I already had started in our little hydroponic garden. Her big garden holds 54 of the 2" net cups, and 15 gallons of nutrient solution!

It's going to be a fresh salad bar!

Today going back to ranch for the day. Yesterday I prepared a spot for planting asparagus. Today I will go back and plant the crowns I have and also some potted 8-inch-high asparagus I found at the nursery. I have some natural fertilizer and straw for the project. I'm hope for some positive results in the years to more. I also picked a dozen or so spears yesterday from the wild plants that are along the crick.

I will mow my new tree project and add more fencing and deterrent strategy for the wildlife.

Installed a new dishwasher at the cabin yesterday. There wasn't one there before so I had to run new electrical and plumbing.

Had brunch with siblings and spouses, lovely local restaurant with covered, heated, outside patio.
Placed online grocery order at Kroger, will pick up later today, need the dog food by dinnertime, otherwise Pup will be sitting next to me huffing, growling and giving sad "I'm starving" eyes for some food! :)
We've had some busy days and just didn't get the shopping done sooner. Sometimes the days just fly by.

We dropped a car off to have a battery charged. Our house sitters forgot to start the car occasionally while we were gone for four months.

Replaced the furnace filter and ordered more @ $30 per filter. It was really dirty so I will have to change it more often than every six months.

Voted in the Oregon midterms and will drop them off tomorrow.

Opened a tIRA at Fidelity and started the process of moving a small pension as a lump sum.

Made an appointment to have someone check our hot water heater. They will be here tomorrow.

I still have a lot of unpacking to do to get resettled after our rain-bird trip to Palm Springs.

We dropped a car off to have a battery charged. Our house sitters forgot to start the car occasionally while we were gone for four months.

I’ve had that problem and it’s not good for the battery. Later model cars have so many electronics that remain on when the car is off, it drains the battery in no time. The mechanic we use suggested we use a battery tender. It’s easy and effective https://www.batterytender.com/junior

I picked up a piece of 12" channel steel to make a bumper for the dump truck, and ordered some chrome headlight bezels. I am refurbishing the grille too, repainting the flat black and shining up the aluminum and shooting some clear on that.

Went to 4 stores looking for a sofa & loveseat. If I find one it might actually get delivered by Halloween. 4-5 months seems the shortest ... 12 months is the longest

Battery tender + 1. :greetings10:

+2

I use one on my car in winter. It allows me to use the heated seats and steering wheel as much as I want. I also take the battery out of our summer car for the winter and put it on the battery tender prior to reinstalling it in spring.

I do a few projects for the state ag research center and helped them today. Tomorrow, they will need me for the day also.
It looks like I will need to cover the garden produce for 3 nights this week due to frost. It is just the part of living in the north and not a big deal.

Replaced the shore power socket on the boat. Yup, a hundred and fifty bucks. The innards of the old one broke off and when you pulled the cord you also pulled out the wires in the boat. Yeah, not good.

But when I removed the old one the screws clamping the wires had little torque. Those wires were less than firmly clamped. Everything tight now and batteries charging properly.

Next piloting lesson with the captain scheduled for tomorrow.

+2

I use one on my car in winter. It allows me to use the heated seats and steering wheel as much as I want. I also take the battery out of our summer car for the winter and put it on the battery tender prior to reinstalling it in spring.

Maybe I should take the battery out before we leave for the winter? Then charge it up before putting it back in the car. It would serve as a theft deterrent as well since the car is parked in our driveway while we are gone.

Maybe I should take the battery out before we leave for the winter? Then charge it up before putting it back in the car. It would serve as a theft deterrent as well since the car is parked in our driveway while we are gone.

Theft deterrent plus you start the spring with a fully charged battery. It's a win/win.

Well, I got woken up this morning in the basement bedroom by something hitting the window. The basement is below ground and it has the big well that lets you climb out in case of fire. There were two little bunnies in the well. There were in there last week as well. Sill rabbits. So we got them out (again) and then I went to Lowes and got some plastic mesh to put over the grate that covers the well. Should keep them out (and the frogs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom