What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out to the boat again and fitted the propane bracket and good thing too, I needed to make the base hole larger. I fitted it to my other bottle and of course, manufacturing variances...

But I did remember the phone and here is the new bar stool double duty helm and saloon chair;

52493066902_7c0302cc3f_c.jpg

This is saloon position, the aft deck plate.

And this is the helm position, forward deck plate;

52494018250_9f7371ca49_c.jpg

I just know that there will be times out boating that I'm not going to want to be up on the fly bridge where the wind blows and it's cold. Would be nice to sit and steer and not stand for 8 hours eh? I guess that's why there are 2 deck plates - :)

Out to the boat again and fitted the propane bracket and good thing too, I needed to make the base hole larger. I fitted it to my other bottle and of course, manufacturing variances...

But I did remember the phone and here is the new bar stool double duty helm and saloon chair;

52493066902_7c0302cc3f_c.jpg

This is saloon position, the aft deck plate.

And this is the helm position, forward deck plate;

52494018250_9f7371ca49_c.jpg

I just know that there will be times out boating that I'm not going to want to be up on the fly bridge where the wind blows and it's cold. Would be nice to sit and steer and not stand for 8 hours eh? I guess that's why there are 2 deck plates - :)
Damn!!! That looks good!! Nicely done.

Finished removing wallpaper and repainting my oldest son's room. He chose the decor when he was 9 and it was a bit outdated now that he's 18. Just in time too. He called and asked if he could bring his girlfriend for Thanksgiving. [emoji15] I guess I'll be cleaning up the guest bedroom tomorrow...

Last edited:
Robbie, you did a good job with that chair match. I love vicariously BTD thru you! aand to top it off its less BTD for me --so a double whammy!

Robbieb--great looking chair!

Last night was family time, celebrating DGS 7th birthday. He wanted turkey sub sandwich and glazed donuts! Easy no cook meal for Grandma :)
The 3 and 7 year olds were busy boys!
My little grandbabies are growing up too fast.

Bike race today. Got the HoleShot and lead the first lap. Unfortunately it was a three lap race and I lost a couple positions in the second and third laps.

Good finish today improved my overall standing for the Fall racing season from 3rd to 2nd overall. Got home and celebrated with a couple homemade tamales and a nap!

Got a flu shot for the first time in 45 years. Hated getting them every year in the military as they made me feel lousy for 2-3 days. Hope they've made some improvements to reduce side effects.

I got to meet my new GD that will arrive in February. Today though, I got to meet her for the first time from a sonogram picture imaging my son & wife sent us to see. What an exciting day to see her, which she is 6 months along and meeting her today was an amazing experience.

Technology is an amazing thing. Pretty soon we will have two beautiful little girls in our live.

Last edited:
Today was a do nothing day. Wasn't feeling well. Thankfully, I did get all my outside work done the past few days when the weather was very nice. Today, the bottom dropped out and it's cold with no break in sight. Basically, winter is here. I have a checklist that I go through every fall that includes things like shutting off the water to the outside spigots and taking down the screens. Not to mention raking (blowing) leaves and a final short cut of the lawn. I'm all set outside and the fireplace is going on the inside.

Got up early for a colonoscopy. The only good thing about it is that "nothing worthy of note was found" and I don't get another for five years.

Yesterday I moved the snow blower to the garage. Kind of early yet for our location, but a while ago "some snow" was forecast for tomorrow. That's since been revised to just rain. But I know what would have happened had I not moved it.

At age 74.5, I finally stopped procrastinating and had my very first will drawn up. The attorney had the first draft sent to me by e-mail, and it looks good to me. Next I need to go in to his office to sign it, and pay.

Really, this was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be, and it will be a big relief to have it done. I'm not sick or anything but just thought that it's probably a good idea to take care of this loose end.

Went out to the boat by way of In-N-Out (double-double, fries and an iced tea) and installed the propane bottle bracket and the bottle.

52500039232_c907f68dff_c.jpg

The thing was just loose in the compartment before, not good at all. Not only that it was sitting on top the ducting for the aft bathroom fan. And even worse it was so high the lid wouldn't shut which didn't really matter as it was rotted off the hinge anyway.

This finishes up the aft locker. New lid and new propane securement.

Went and poked at the snow a bit in the driveway of the house we are (still!) building. Put back the sealed lead acid batteries in the snowmobiles after nursing them back with my lab charger (this is probably the last season on them since I abused them by letting them sit all summer with no charging....bad). They are holding at 12.5V so I think they will last this season.

Is there enough snow? Unsure. The mountains might have 10 inches, but here we only have a inch or so left in the driveway. I should wait...November is the toughest month, because it is too cold to work outside and not cold and snowy enough to go play outside.

So I came back and stared at bonds some. Also looked again at Vanda, wondering what they are going to do with that 454,000,000 in cash. If I knew the answer to that I wouldn't need to look at bonds.

Started cleaning my house to prepare for relatives arriving next week - bachelor-level cleanliness just won't do. :) Even with a split floorplan my wonderfully spacious house becomes horribly overcrowded with needy, demanding relatives in residence (is there any other kind? :D ). I'll be doing at least one "special project" each day to get ready; for example, the fridge needs a good cleaning. I'm happy to see my relatives arrive and happy to see them go, if you know what I mean. :greetings10:

Since DW is hospitalized for a while, I'm thinking about thinking if I should look at decluttering (reorganizing) the pantry and the "junk drawer" in the house.

Maybe tomorrow is a good day to do that. :cool:

Watching Monday Night football right now.

I started a winter decluttering project yesterday. Started with my desk. Took out 2 kitchen size garbage bags of junk out of the desk drawers.

Since DW is hospitalized for a while, I'm thinking about thinking if I should look at decluttering (reorganizing) the pantry and the "junk drawer" in the house.

Maybe tomorrow is a good day to do that. :cool:

Watching Monday Night football right now.

I started a winter decluttering project yesterday. Started with my desk. Took out 2 kitchen size garbage bags of junk out of the desk drawers.

Very nice!

I need to follow your lead! :cool:

aja8888,

The thought of you getting into a cleaning project while your wife is sick/in the hospital causes me to shutter. You know your wife better than I ever could, but if my wife came home from the hospital and I had thrown away anything, one of us might end up back at the hospital. Please be careful.

Very nice!

I need to follow your lead! :cool:

aja8888,

The thought of you getting into a cleaning project while your wife is sick/in the hospital causes me to shutter. You know your wife better than I ever could, but if my wife came home from the hospital and I had thrown away anything, one of us might end up back at the hospital. Please be careful.

I agree - aja8888 should wait until his DW gets home from the hospital so that she can supervise his decluttering. Chances are that some things in the pantry and junk drawers are hers, and she might not appreciate him throwing her things away while she is in the hospital.

aja8888,

I agree - aja8888 should wait until his DW gets home from the hospital so that she can supervise his decluttering. Chances are that some things in the pantry and junk drawers are hers, and she might not appreciate him throwing her things away while she is in the hospital.

I understand the message, and thanks, but we had been talking about those tasks before she went into the hospital. I bought a smoker a few months back and I do all the cooking and kitchen work now anyway as she can't handle it anymore. So our plan was to do that reorg/declutter anyway and this is a good time.

I'll just store what I consider as unnecessary in a cardboard box until she gets home for "final approval"!

I'm pretty sure what we will do with all the duplicate utensils and jars of extra spices, etc, is see if the daughters, or granddaughter, want any of it before it goes out.

We put two households together when we got married back several years ago and this is one of the results of the combination.

Last edited:
I believe today is national cleanout fridge day. So, let's take action!

So I would assume that tomorrow is national go on a strict diet day?

[burp]

Nope. That’s January 1st. The day of New Year’s resolutions.

We clean out the fridge today so we can fill it for the holidays at which time we will be eating way too much (but very tasty) food. Hence the need for a diet on January 1st.

Got up this morning and saw an inch of snow on the deck and lots of snow in the trees. The first snow is always beautiful. Then I said to myself “time to migrate south”. I don’t mind the snow, but don’t care at all for the cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom