What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

I haven't heard from the Dr on my bladder biopsy so I checked the hospital's online patient portal late afternoon and there was the report. A non invasive urothelial carcinoma. I like the 'non invasive' part but know lots of crap coming my way. I've got a follow appt scheduled for May 8th but plan to call tomorrow and see about moving it up.

Good luck at the follow up appointment! I sure hope your doctor has some encouraging things to say, and a good plan of action. We're all hoping this turns out well for you.

Yesterday cleaned the oven door with a razor blade. Tried several cleaning solutions but it took the razor blade to do it. We've not run the self clean for a while cus some insulation gaskets were missing from the oven lights. Just flimsy little fiberglass rings that look like they should cost 15 cents, but I originally found them at $15 each. Finally I was able to buy 4 for $20. So I went online for info on the self clean function and find that some people have had the control panel destroyed by the intense heat of the self clean. I guess I have to find the manual for the range and read the instruction before we run the much needed clean cycle.
Today we sent off our passport renewal.

Posting here, in addition to 2023 Workout thread, in the hope someone might have some thoughts on what the heck happened to my leg recently-

Completed two back to back 17 mile hikes earlier this week, the first involving 3000 ft of elevation gain, and today completed a third, 10 mile hike. We now begin to taper prior to heading out in 10 days for our 200 mile walk across Spain.

I'm feeling extremely strong, however I just had three days of crazy, intense pain in my right leg. My leg began burning about mile 5, and continued to increase in pain intensity until I could almost not stand it ( though I did- just put my head down and kept going). Symptoms included intense, building burning pain, what felt like muscle spasms, extreme tenderness around knee, and sharp shooting pain if I turned my leg ever so slightly sideways.

I took Alleve, wrapped my knee, and kept hiking. Both the Alleve and the wrap helped, and I now feel completely normal. However, I'm trying to understand both what happened, and how I could go from 100% to 0% pain so quickly. :confused:

Last edited:
Went to a Mining Expo in Havilah today. Small museum and some old equipment from the Gold rush days. But I think the star of the show was this Pierce Arrow. Looks like serious old time luxury. Clean and very cool. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_102619.jpg
    IMG_20230429_102619.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20230429_102648.jpg
    IMG_20230429_102648.jpg
    820.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230429_102655.jpg
    IMG_20230429_102655.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 54
Went to a Mining Expo in Havilah today. Small museum and some old equipment from the Gold rush days. But I think the star of the show was this Pierce Arrow. Looks like serious old time luxury. Clean and very cool. :cool:

Those big old pre war cars were hard to drive with no power steering and lousy brakes. But there are works of art. I like the rear view mirror strapped to the spare tire. :cool:

Flew into Tahiti this morning, afternoon and night. Spent 4 hours waiting at the gate because another plane had mechanical issues causing United's gates to queue.

When we boarded in business class, I was horrified by the layout of the newer pod systems that were used. DW and I were in the center, separated by a panel that did go down to 4" above the arm rest. She's a very, very nervous flyer, so I always try to hold her hand. As I was doing that several times, my arm bumped the exposed switch, raising the thing again. On top of that, I have some issues with being trapped in tight places, and I'm only 5'9" and 165#. I don't know what a larger person would do as my hips were wedged in the narrow coach sized seat uncomfortably tight. I probably would have been more comfortable in coach as at least I could look around.

Oh well, we're in the Intercontinental, and it seems nice. Supposed to take a helicopter tour of the island tomorrow. Hopefully, we can get there as it's election day here, and they expect a lot of traffic.

DW seems to think that I was put on this planet to work 24 /7 / 365 on yard work, home repairs, remodeling - whatever she wants to have done.

Today I started Ron's Rules. Rule # 1 is a maximum of 4 hours of yard work per day.

Went to Menards twice and got 20 bags of mulch each trip. Mulch sale of $0.30 off per bag ends today. So I saved $12 even though I loaded and unloaded the 40 bags in the rain.
Took 4 hours, so I'm done working for the day at 1pm. Time for a nap.

Really? I have seen a lot of houses, some of them quite large, but doubt any had 14 sliding doors. also 6 windows seems like rather limited fenestration.

This is Florida. Lots of sliding doors instead of walls to let in all that beautiful sunshine. This design is not unusual here. And, with all the doors, more windows aren’t necessary.

Rainy the first half of the day but cleared off enough to get in a walk with the mutt this afternoon. Washed clothes and ran some errands so it was a somewhat productive day.

I haven't heard from the Dr on my bladder biopsy so I checked the hospital's online patient portal late afternoon and there was the report. A non invasive urothelial carcinoma. I like the 'non invasive' part but know lots of crap coming my way. I've got a follow appt scheduled for May 8th but plan to call tomorrow and see about moving it up.

Wishing you the best.

Today I started Ron's Rules. Rule # 1 is a maximum of 4 hours of yard work per day.

I over did it a couple days ago and I’m implementing that same rule. I have some lingering health issues and it’s not good for me to over do it. I felt pretty bad the next couple days. A couple hours every day would be better than for me to spend the 6 to 8 hours I did.

Spent an hour with the string trimmer doing weed abatement.
That was enough of that for one day. The thing really gives the arms a workout.
But the rains brought a bumper crop of grass and weeds to cut.

Well that certainly puts the Knife Edge trail on Katahdin to shame.

eye exam and dilation later this morning, won't be able to read very well for a few hours after that.

Mowed the front half of the yard. Had to dodge a few raindrops but got it done.

Wishing you the best.

Thanks all.

Just a quick update. I talked to a PA at my Urologist's office and she said what I have is a low grade non-invasive kind of bladder cancer. Typically treated with BCG immunotherapy. Can't do anything until the bladder has healed from the biopsy....usually 4-6 weeks. Supposedly a very effective drug when caught early as it appears to have been. But I will see my urologist next Monday to confirm all this. My blood pressure and temporarily returned to normal. Ha.

Thanks all.

Just a quick update. I talked to a PA at my Urologist's office and she said what I have is a low grade non-invasive kind of bladder cancer. Typically treated with BCG immunotherapy. Can't do anything until the bladder has healed from the biopsy....usually 4-6 weeks. Supposedly a very effective drug when caught early as it appears to have been. But I will see my urologist next Monday to confirm all this. My blood pressure and temporarily returned to normal. Ha.
Thank you for the update. A big sigh of relief.....:flowers:

Thanks all.

Great news!

Thanks all.

That is good news. Wishing you the best.

Back
Top Bottom