What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

I live in fear of getting a similar notice from the Social Security Administration.

I get them at least once per month. [emoji23]
Fortunately my deposits keep coming and Medicare still pays. Just another spam scam to ignore.

I live in fear of getting a similar notice from the Social Security Administration.

Just remember, when you do get the notice, they will withhold your next SS payment (without telling you) and send you a letter saying you are eligible for a $255 death benefit after you fill out a detailed 4 page application and submit it for approval. :)

Got an email from the local animal shelter (literally around the corner from our street). We donate regularly, so it is not an unusual email to get.

Sent them a bunch of kitten food (on their needed badly list).

I need to do this more regularly.

Just had a phone meeting with the Foster Mom who has the rescue Terrier/Schnauzer mix I may adopt tomorrow (from Camo Rescue). He's just been neutered and had the cone removed from his head just before she sent me this photo.

He's a year and a half old and a spunky 12 pounds. It's been almost two months since I had to put my 10 year old Terrier mix down and maybe this guy will cheer me up. It's pretty lonely around here with no wife or companion. Tomorrow afternoon is set up for my visit to his foster home.

View attachment 47560

He looks like a little bundle of energy! If everything goes well tomorrow, will you be able to bring him home right away, or do they have a waiting/screening period?

Just had a phone meeting with the Foster Mom who has the rescue Terrier/Schnauzer mix I may adopt tomorrow (from Camo Rescue). He's just been neutered and had the cone removed from his head just before she sent me this photo.

He's a year and a half old and a spunky 12 pounds. It's been almost two months since I had to put my 10 year old Terrier mix down and maybe this guy will cheer me up. It's pretty lonely around here with no wife or companion. Tomorrow afternoon is set up for my visit to his foster home.

View attachment 47560

He is adorable!

He looks like a little bundle of energy! If everything goes well tomorrow, will you be able to bring him home right away, or do they have a waiting/screening period?

I can take him tomorrow as my application has been approved and the rescue outfit came to my house to look at the fence, etc..

I can take him tomorrow as my application has been approved and the rescue outfit came to my house to look at the fence, etc..

He is a cutie and looks like he will be fun and a great companion for you.

Like most days, I cooked brown rice, broccoli, and chicken to take to the local animal shelter to feed the ultra skinny dogs. This homecooked stuff supplements the kibbles that the shelter provide help them get from hip bones protruding and all the ribs showing to looking like a normal dog in about a month or two. I go to the shelter most days. It's rewarding to see how much the dogs appreciate some extra food and something that are a bit more tasty than the same dry kibbles that they always get. After that, I went home and spoil my own dogs (both rescues) and my cat, then practiced the piano, tried a new recipe for dinner (it turned out great! will make again), dinner, and now reading all the interesting stuff on our Forum here. Have a great night everyone!
Retire2013, I just PM'd you

Got an email from the local animal shelter (literally around the corner from our street). We donate regularly, so it is not an unusual email to get.

Sent them a bunch of kitten food (on their needed badly list).

I need to do this more regularly.

I donate regularly to a cat rescue that sells coffee and tea to raise money. They also have a room for folks to visit the residents. I have kitten food (they use Purina One kitten food only) that I have on auto buy to make sure they don't run out even though there are others that also donate food. To follow up on that I also donate cat litter too. Recently I made some planters to spruce up the outside of the shelter and some block puzzles to sell now that we are getting close to the holiday season. It's one of my ways to BTD. :D

Cheers

This is for yesterday, which was a quiet day for me. I walked at the dog park with two friends. We had coffee cake from a local bakery for breakfast. I did some computer work. It warmed up a bit here in Iowa so I went for an afternoon walk outside. I picked up carry out food for dinner for DH and I, did some online yoga and spent the rest of the evening relaxing in my chair. Oh, and before I went to sleep I did some research on Ancestry.com, questions that my son had....

DW and I spent yesterday spreading 5 yards of gravel with fines to create a parking pad where an old garden shed/rabbit shed/chicken shed had evolved over 12 years into a tear down project earlier this summer. The area looks much better and will create needed parking for holiday/family gatherings. Just used shovels and then drove the atv back and forth on it to get it compacted.

Wonderful! He looks like a real cutie pie, and will bring some fun joy into your daily life, I am sure.

Yesterday was spreading fall fertilizer. Today was spreading some grass overseeding. We'll see what happens.

Hiked over six miles up, through, on and around these giant rocks. There are monasteries atop several of them.View attachment 47557

Slacker, in May we hiked and went to the top of the monastery. The monks loved their wine. Ms G has her butt covered per dress code.
IMG_20230520_091917435.jpg

Last edited:
We fixed some bad spots and then set the last of 5 trench boxes on a commercial job. Digging with a thumb is really a PITA in trench boxes.
PXL-20231101-181647402-2.jpg

The pipe is in and held down by big piles of pea gravel, and full of water for the test and inspection. This is halfway across the job. We have (2) 2" electric pumps running as we are below the water table.
The trench caved in on both sides right after I set the first two boxes, due to undermining from that water table.
PXL-20231102-210318835.jpg

When I was wrapping up I spotted this deep check in the sidewall of one of the steer tires on the dump truck. I have been concerned about the unknown age of these tires and tomorrow morning that will no longer be an issue, I will get two new steers. I am pumped for that. Steer tires are no joke on a commercial truck.
PXL-20231102-213423303.jpg

Went to the doctor today. I had a 9:30 appointment but I got there about 15 mins early. They took me right away and I was heading back home before 9:30. Must be some kind of record.

I have a new walking buddy!

I went to visit my "soon to be" new roommate ......Angry Bird (Birdie - Terrier/Schnauzer mix)). Gosh he is dynamite and sat in my lap shortly after I got to his Foster Mom's house. :)

I signed the adoption paperwork this evening and will be bringing him home Saturday!

Last edited:
I went to visit my "soon to be" new roommate ......Angry Bird (Birdie - Terrier/Schnauzer mix)). Gosh he is dynamite and sat in my lap shortly after I got to his Foster Mom's house. :)

I signed the adoption paperwork this evening and will be bringing him home Saturday!

He’s adorable. Congrats! He’ll be a lucky boy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom