What is your pet peeve of the day? -- 2021

Pet peeve is still loose dogs, but in particular little Kamikaze dogs who run out and attack our 75 pound greyhound. I don't know what is wrong with their little brains, but it is all I can do to keep them alive. Our pooch got bitten by a little dog badly enough to require sutures, so he has no patience for their foolishness. The owners? Clueless.

Agree. Underground fences don't do much. Every dog in my neighborhood has come past the fence at least once to "visit" my dog since I've been here. I would be concerned about liability.

Those damned mathematicians. They multiply our troubles, add to our burdens, divide us against ourselves and subtract all the fun from life. They simply cannot function unless they are making life exponentially worse for the rest of us. I suppose it's just integral to their personalities. I find it irrational and number them among my greatest peeves

Those damned mathematicians. They multiply our troubles, add to our burdens, divide us against ourselves and subtract all the fun from life. They simply cannot function unless they are making life exponentially worse for the rest of us. I suppose it's just integral to their personalities. I find it irrational and number them among my greatest peeves

Yep. A calculating bunch you can count on to even out the odds.

The house rules for my building were changed in 2020, increasing the fine for garbage violations from $50 to $500. Arbitrary BS. I imagine compactors having a clutch like a drill that prevents damage when there's a large uncompressible object. It just makes it harder on the operator when he has to remove something, but not $500 harder.

Plus my laptop clock was about an hour behind, so on the day I got the above violation I also wheeled garbage outside at about 6:00 PM instead of 5:00 PM so if they review the security footage they could get me on that too.

Threads here scroll too slowly with the mouse wheel. The forum list works well.

My back went out slightly, not from sledge hammering my old furniture apart and moving around heavy particleboard shelves, but from taking the new shelf out of the box. I lifted up the box to put a non-slip mat under it before weighting it down so I could slide out the shelf but my back was arched and I got a minor back outage which means I may have to live with particleboard all over the living room for another week before I could throw it out.

People who take photos and video in portrait mode on their phones. We humans are built for wide vision with two side-by-side eyes, thus computer monitors and TV screens are generally wider than they are tall (landscape mode). So all these portrait phone images just look stupid on most screens. TV news often creates blurred closeups to fill the dead space on either side. It drives me crazy. Please, TURN YOUR PHONE SIDEWAYS to take pictures and video. :)

Also, TRY to keep the camera level when you take a picture. My wife loves to take pictures, but rarely holds the camera level. So when I'm looking through our photos they're always a little tilted one way or the other. Yeah, I could rotate them in software, but this takes time, loses quality, and it's not that hard to hold a camera level. It's not artistic, it's lazy! :)

People who take photos and video in portrait mode on their phones. We humans are built for wide vision with two side-by-side eyes, thus computer monitors and TV screens are generally wider than they are tall (landscape mode). So all these portrait phone images just look stupid on most screens. TV news often creates blurred closeups to fill the dead space on either side. It drives me crazy. Please, TURN YOUR PHONE SIDEWAYS to take pictures and video. :)
Even worse, I sat next to a woman on a plane who watched a whole movie on her phone in portrait mode.

Well, it WAS a good movie. Also, the person on the other side was reading a book that I just couldn't get into.

Movies are easy. It's getting the person next to you with the book to turn the page at the same time you have both read it that's hard. :D

Movies are easy. It's getting the person next to you with the book to turn the page at the same time you have both read it that's hard. :D
What's worse is that I like to move my finger under the words as I read. Not everyone takes this well.

Also, TRY to keep the camera level when you take a picture. My wife loves to take pictures, but rarely holds the camera level. So when I'm looking through our photos they're always a little tilted one way or the other. Yeah, I could rotate them in software, but this takes time, loses quality, and it's not that hard to hold a camera level. It's not artistic, it's lazy! :)

Tilted horizons drive me nuts! And I am not even a Flat Earther.

Ouch! Looks like management are running a tight ship over there.....:popcorn:

Almost got a vehicle towed by my HOA last week because I needed to retitle it (registration/plate already expired) & so took the old license plate with me to the DMV to turn it in...was gone about an hour before returning to find a bright orange sticker on the back glass.

A credit union that needs a credit check you when you go to open an account with a 35k check. Really, haven't even needed to do a credit check to open up a brokerage account, just gave them the money. Ok so I unfreeze my credit and I was told I could easy do the rest online. Nope gotta go back to the bank to prove my identity again she already got my documents. I've had at least 10 FBI background checks with finger prints and a freaking credit union denies me.

A credit union that needs a credit check you when you go to open an account with a 35k check. Really, haven't even needed to do a credit check to open up a brokerage account, just gave them the money. Ok so I unfreeze my credit and I was told I could easy do the rest online. Nope gotta go back to the bank to prove my identity again she already got my documents. I've had at least 10 FBI background checks with finger prints and a freaking credit union denies me.

But you're nobody, just saying.:LOL:

This. 20210315_120208.jpeg

I can't differentiate between jokes, integral content or excellent summation. This is raising my anxiety by exponential factors.

I'm expecting a package via USPS today; it showed up in Informed Delivery this morning as expected (my only expected mail today as it happens) and the tracking status earlier today was "out for delivery." Yet again, as I watched the mailman stop at my box at the curb and seem to take several minutes futzing around with something, nothing was delivered and the status changed to "held at customer request" as I watched him drive off. Did I say, "yet again?!"

Back
Top Bottom