What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Just finished Season 1 of Ted Lasso on Apple TV+. Hugely entertaining, and my DW and teen daughter are also big fans.

Hah, well I won't tell you "oh keep going it gets better!" you've given it plenty. I think it's one of those shows to love or hate, but you'll know by the end of the first episode which it is for you.

I can see that. It was certainly clear to me [emoji4]

Really? Yes, I see now that the OTA broadcast of S4:E6 isn't until 9pm on Sunday.

If you have PBS Passport it is already out there.

I just watched the 3 part series of Agatha Christie's "Ordeal by Innocence". I like mysteries and this one made you really pay attention as it jumped back and forth with the time-line of events.

The Servant on Apple+ is great as well. Tense but well done.

I agree that the show was well done as for the cinematography and sound and acting, but it was too much like Lost with too many loose ends and too much mysterious intrigue and unexplainable shocking scenes at the expense of a coherent storyline. The reveal of those mysterious moments never materialize. I felt I was burned by Lost because of it and I felt burned by this as well.

Well, you liked it and many other people did too, so I guess it shows we're all different. (I'm glad for you though!)

Last edited:
We just watched Coyote on Paramount Plus and there was NO ending...Covid issues they say but I'm guessing it was a social/political hot potato..

We’ve watched the first 2 episodes of ‘The 100 Foot Wave’ on HBO Max. It’s a documentary series about big-wave surfer Garrett McNamara’s decade-long quest to surf the largest wave in the world. We’re finding it interesting so far.

Eleven? Eleven! Oye. We watched through season 2 and lost interest. It was a very depressing show to have on a Sunday night.

It should have ended a long time ago....

We’ve watched the first 2 episodes of ‘The 100 Foot Wave’ on HBO Max. It’s a documentary series about big-wave surfer Garrett McNamara’s decade-long quest to surf the largest wave in the world. We’re finding it interesting so far.

First episode has a lot of old footage, which doesn't fill the screen.

But I saw one of the later ones the other day. These appear to have been filmed for the show, recently.

They're showing giant waves in Nazare, Portugal and the imagery is fantastic, waves look like moving cliffs chasing the surfers.

Eleven? Eleven! Oye. We watched through season 2 and lost interest. It was a very depressing show to have on a Sunday night.

Agree. I enjoyed it up through about season 4 then it just got repetitive and I lost interest. Kinda glad I wasn't around for the Negan and "Lucille" scenes of later seasons.

As far as new series, we've been on a Nordic noir kick and have enjoyed both Wisting and Outlier on Acorn. We're now watching the last season of Hinterland (OK, but a bit slow at times) and Riviera (fun if you like the lifestyles of the ultrarich).

The Servant on Apple+ is great as well. Tense but well done.

Best guess is Dec-Jan for S3 premier. In the meantime ….
Animal Kingdom on TNT currently.

Yellowstone…anticipating a return in the fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the show was well done as for the cinematography and sound and acting, but it was too much like Lost with too many loose ends and too much mysterious intrigue and unexplainable shocking scenes at the expense of a coherent storyline. The reveal of those mysterious moments never materialize. I felt I was burned by Lost because of it and I felt burned by this as well.

Well, you liked it and many other people did too, so I guess it shows we're all different. (I'm glad for you though!)

I never saw Lost so maybe I’m vulnerable. I know what you mean about being burned, though. Ever since Mr Robot, I am very selective about investing my time in a suspense series.

Best guess is Dec-Jan for S3 premier. In the meantime ….
Animal Kingdom on TNT currently.

Yellowstone…anticipating a return in the fall.

Every single time I refer to this thread for suggestions on what to watch, I find posts like this from people. I give up. Totally ruins it for people who haven't seen the show(s) yet. Every single time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder:

No spoilers, even not-so-new content.

People come here for ideas on what to watch, or to share what they have just discovered. Let them enjoy (or not!) finding out what happens for themselves....

(PS, if you see a spoiler, hit the report button, please don't quote it, thanks)

Every single time I refer to this thread for suggestions on what to watch, I find posts like this from people. I give up. Totally ruins it for people who haven't seen the show(s) yet. Every single time.
I don't get it... what's the problem?

I don't get it... what's the problem?

The original post I responded to contained a huge spoiler.

After my response, the original post was edited and the spoiler removed - probably by a moderator.

Last edited:
can you see this?

Hmm, no spoiler tag buttons.

Maybe that could be implemented?

Shetland! Scottish crime drama filmed in the Northern Isles of Scotland. Amazon Prime Video
Bletchley Circle and Bletchley Circle San Francisco. Crime Mystery about the Ladies that helped decipher codes during WWII. Excellent! Amazon Prime Video
Brokenwood Mysteries. Crime drama in New Zealand. Kind of reminds me of a modern day Columbo. AcornTv

Back
Top Bottom