What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We started Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney Plus last night. The look and feel of it is excellent. The characters and story are OK so far. Much better than Boba Fett, but not as good as the Mandalorian after two episodes.

We watched "Theodore Roosevelt" on the History Channel. Two long episodes we broke up into four evenings. I learned a few new things.

This thread is worthless without [-]pictures[/-] knowing where to stream it.

I highly disagree, this thread is brilliant for finding stuff to watch that did not cross my radar. Google and justwatch are the way to go, and easy to use. There is no point listing a source that folks do not have access to in their area or country. As long as I can type and have access to the internet it is not even an annoyance as I do not subscribe to any of traditional streaming sources that are sometimes listed, and therefore the chances are I do not have the service the poster it streaming it on.

Last edited:
This thread is worthless without [-]pictures[/-] knowing where to stream it.

Justwatch.com.

Justwatch is helpful but occasionally inadequate or wrong, and Googling a title also works but many (most?) members include the streaming service when they post a specific show, which is most helpful and would be nice if it were the norm.

I highly disagree, this thread is brilliant for finding stuff to watch that did not cross my radar. Google and justwatch are the way to go, and easy to use. There is no point listing a source that folks do not have access to in their area or country. As long as I can type and have access to the internet it is not even an annoyance as I do not subscribe to any of traditional streaming sources that are sometimes listed, and therefore the chances are I do not have the service the poster it streaming it on.

I disagree with your disagreement. :D

It seems common courtesy to include where someone is streaming something they are recommending and most posters are thoughtful enough to do so. Telling someone to "Google it" is a bit rude, at least in my corner of the internet.

Last edited:
Rewatching Borgen season 1 from 2010 because they are releasing a season 3 this month, over 10 years later after Borgen season 2.

It's so good.

It's one reason I never got around to watching House of Cards, Borgen was said to be better.

Some of the cast have appeared on Game of Thrones and Westworld.

The British version of House of Cards is far better than the American version. It is about a dozen or so episodes and did not get dragged out like the American version. It's also nice to know the ending.

I watched Outer Range on Prime.
I was intrigued by the first 2 -3 episodes and hung on until through the last episode.
Not sure if there will be a second season. Not sure I would watch it if there is a second season.

I also finished Stranger Things season 4-first volume on Netflix. Loved it!
But I love most sci-fi.

Well, I slogged through the final season of Ozark. Ugh. So much of the last couple of seasons didn't make sense to me and the main characters grated on my nerves. Even the villains were pretty boring - guess I got spoiled with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul not to mention a host of other great series with awesome villains.

Speaking of BCS, the last couple of seasons have really perked up and I'm looking forward to how these brilliant creators and writers wind things up in the last half of the final season that starts in July. I mean this is a dang prequel so we actually know which main characters survive.

So I found the new Bosch Legacy series on Prime's freevee ad sponsored streaming channel. The ads are a bit annoying but if you like the original Bosch, you'll probably like this sequel. Titus Welliver is as wooden as ever but Mimi Rogers is great with her more pervasive presence in the sequel. And it's great to see "Crate and Barrel" back in a brief appearance. Alas, most of the old Bosch characters who added a lot to that series are not in the new one. Others have just brief cameos. Season one ends with a cliff hanger so I'm sure there will be a second season.

It seems common courtesy to include where someone is streaming something they are recommending and most posters are thoughtful enough to do so. Telling someone to "Google it" is a bit rude, at least in my corner of the internet.

+1

....So I found the new Bosch Legacy series on Prime's freevee ad sponsored streaming channel. The ads are a bit annoying but if you like the original Bosch, you'll probably like this sequel. Titus Welliver is as wooden as ever but Mimi Rogers is great with her more pervasive presence in the sequel. And it's great to see "Crate and Barrel" back in a brief appearance. Alas, most of the old Bosch characters who added a lot to that series are not in the new one. Others have just brief cameos. Season one ends with a cliff hanger so I'm sure there will be a second season.

S2 of Bosch:Legacy was approved before S1 premiered.

+2

Justwatch is helpful but occasionally inadequate or wrong, and Googling a title also works but many (most?) members include the streaming service when they post a specific show, which is most helpful and would be nice if it were the norm.
Another cool feature of ROKU with the voice activated remote is to speak the show's title and it will list all the streaming channels you can watch it on in ascending order of cost--from free to highest dollar amount.

Well, I slogged through the final season of Ozark. Ugh. So much of the last couple of seasons didn't make sense to me and the main characters grated on my nerves. Even the villains were pretty boring - guess I got spoiled with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul not to mention a host of other great series with awesome villains.

I've tried several times to watch the final season of Ozark. The characters seem to all be dead inside, no soul whatsoever. I find it rather boring and won't bother to watch the rest. I can't brink myself to waste time on the show, I think I could find more productive things to do like watch a NOVA rerun or add some rubber bands to my rubber band ball.

And just simply "common courtesy."

Rewatching Borgen season 1 from 2010 because they are releasing a season 3 this month, over 10 years later after Borgen season 2.

It's so good.

It's one reason I never got around to watching House of Cards, Borgen was said to be better.

Thanks for that post. I watched episode 1 last night and will definitely continue.

It's so good.

I watched the first 2 seasons a while ago. I'm glad a 3rd season was released. Thanks, I'll watch!

Outlaws Season 2 has dropped, Season 1 was pretty good and has been discussed here. I have not watched it yet.

Sorry, but I have no idea where it is streaming in the USA as I do not subscribe to any of the services. I did check Google and it suggests Netflix.

Also, London Kills Season 3 dropped also today. It is not for the faint of heart, we watched season 1 and 2 and liked it. I also googled it for those who care, they suggest Acorn.

The Boy Season 2, interesting take on Monetized Super Heros. Again, I googled it, appears to be on Prime Video.

Last edited:

+1

IMHO, not mentioning the service is right up there with uninformative subject lines such as Help me with this odd matter, and posting naked or nearly naked links. I don't consider it rude. But, it does seem like a sign from the author that whatever they are writing is not very important. Just my 2¢. I have no desire to go to war or block anybody over it.

+1 on the new season of Orville, at least for episode one. It wasn't trying to be very funny. Nor should it have done so.

Given the subject matter of episode one it's hard for me to tell if they just decided being funny was inappropriate for the topic, or they are going to turn down some of the comedy.

+1

IMHO, not mentioning the service is right up there with uninformative subject lines such as Help me with this odd matter, and posting naked or nearly naked links. I don't consider it rude. But, it does seem like a sign from the author that whatever they are writing is not very important. Just my 2¢. I have no desire to go to war or block anybody over it.

What if the author does not know where a program is streaming? Would folks rather them not share? Personally, I have got a lot of good suggestions from folks here that have not done so. I feel some folks here think the author knows and does not share to be awkward, and then offers their opinion without thought. Folks could simply PM the author if it is that important. Posting opinions publicly does not really achieve anything and disrupts the thread.

Enough said. Let us get back to offering great viewing suggestions and comments if applicable, which is the purpose of the thread, at least I thought it was.

Last edited:
+1 on the new season of Orville, at least for episode one. It wasn't trying to be very funny. Nor should it have done so.

Given the subject matter of episode one it's hard for me to tell if they just decided being funny was inappropriate for the topic, or they are going to turn down some of the comedy.

They turned the predictability dial all the way up and broke off the handle, that's for sure.

[Re: Orville]They turned the predictability dial all the way up and broke off the handle, that's for sure.

Isn't that the truth. Way too predictable.

The subject matter was serious, the outcome was predictable, but conversely, it is impossible in the real world to have this outcome so it was very strange for a serious matter.

I'm going to give them a Mulligan on this episode and throw it away. Let's hope they steer the ship in a different direction.

I had read that the creator of the series is going to turn down the comedy. The helmsman Malloy, who in the past was always the funny man, is going to be more serious. Too bad, I liked his comedy.

Same here. Really looked forward to Ozarks and was disappointed, especially the last episode. Too rushed. Ah well....it was a great series but lost some focus. Glad for the great acting by all involved.

We absolutely love BCS. Waiting for hockey to end. I live in Edmonton and our hockey team is doing well....until this last series that is. And then the J6 hearing will start and that should be riveting TV. When that settles down we will watch the last season of BCS.

Breaking Bad and BCS, we came quite late to the series. Our son made us watch BB which my husband and I did not want to start watching....but the story telling and acting was so well done. BCS.....a great series also.
I agree with your assessment of Ozark but well worth the time overall. BB and BCS both great. Candy a great escape for a reality show. Would never have guessed the ending!

Back
Top Bottom