What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Watched first three episodes of Yellowstone. Meh. Don't like any of the characters. We will try to finish the first season to see if we can get more interested.

Same here! Yet everyone RAVES about Yellowstone.

We wanted to love it (just the general theme / idea) but the characters were pretty unlikable - especially the daughter. Holy cow..could there BE a more unlikeable character?

Not getting it for some reason..wondering what the heck we're missing.

The "Prequel" show (1883) on the other hand was not bad - although some things like the $50 hand mirror (!) were obviously not researched very well and made it not as authentic as it could have been. But Isabel May was pretty darn nice to look at all else aside..

Same here! Yet everyone RAVES about Yellowstone.

We wanted to love it (just the general theme / idea) but the characters were pretty unlikable - especially the daughter. Holy cow..could there BE a more unlikeable character?

I totally agree with you. I think I made it through episode 4. After they revealed what the daughter was going to do for the family, what her job was going to be, I just couldn't believe the writers went there! Totally unbelievable and inconceivable. The last straw that got me to quit the show.

Anybody watching Pieces of Her with Toni Collette on Netflix? It's a thriller, and I like it. Truth is being revealed slowly and it keeps me guessing.

Anybody watching Pieces of Her with Toni Collette on Netflix? It's a thriller, and I like it. Truth is being revealed slowly and it keeps me guessing.

I thought it to be slow water torture. Could’ve been 3 episodes and done but they draggggggggg it out.

I thought it to be slow water torture. Could’ve been 3 episodes and done but they draggggggggg it out.

Hahaha. Some scenes were way too long IMO as well, and I hit fast-forward a few times but I'm liking the storyline.

Last night I watched episode 1 of “Formula 1: Drive to Survive” on Netflix. It’s a documentary / reality mix show on Formula One driving, showing behind the scenes video of the owners, the drivers, crew members, etc. Even though I’m not a “car guy” I found the episode interesting, it does an excellent job of portraying the highly competitive nature of the people. It’s a nice break from scripted TV.

61st street - AMC
Fear the Walking Dead - AMC
Billy the Kid - EPIX
Dud-Dun - Law and Order, SVU, and Organized Crime - Peacock
Shining Girls - Apple
Star Trek Strange New Worlds - Paramount+
The Offer - Paramount+

Finished Star Trek Picard 2. 3 episodes were pretty boring, too much personal stuff. But ended up interesting. There will be a 3.

I watched Candy on Hulu. True crime story but I was not familiar with it. I thought the acting was great.

I also started watching the Flight Attendant season 2. Entertaining, acting not bad, plot is somewhat far fetched but I like it. Episodes come out on Thursdays. I’m not fond of weekly drops. Just give me the entire show at once.

For those interested Animal Kingdom season 5 is now free on Prime. Started watching it last night and promptly fell asleep. It was midnight so I will start earlier tonight.

I don't like season 2 of Flight Attendant as much as season 1 but it's still worth watching.

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Offer on Paramount plus, about the behind the scenes efforts to get The Godfather movie made. I think I will continue watching the episodes which give interesting insights in how the movie industry worked in those days.

Annika on PBS.org. Six episodes if you have PBS Passport. British police procedural with Nicola Walker. Shot in Glasgow, Scotland - beautiful scenery, great writing!

I don't like season 2 of Flight Attendant as much as season 1 but it's still worth watching.

Agreed! Season 1 was much better.
I started watching season 2 when I was trapped in my bedroom while having new flooring installed in my house. I could watch HBO max on my iPad. It was entertaining enough to distract me. [emoji23]

Was browsing Amazon and was pleasantly surprised to find a new Bosch series. It has commercials but not bad. It is very similar to the old series and is following sort of one of the later books where Bosch is retired.

Also watching season 2 of the Wilds. Interesting show, not sure where it is going.

Second season of Hacks has been as good as the first season.

Barry has been great as well.

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Offer on Paramount plus, about the behind the scenes efforts to get The Godfather movie made. I think I will continue watching the episodes which give interesting insights in how the movie industry worked in those days.

I am loving this show. Really great.

Agreed! Season 1 was much better.
I started watching season 2 when I was trapped in my bedroom while having new flooring installed in my house. I could watch HBO max on my iPad. It was entertaining enough to distract me. [emoji23]
<Re: Flight Attendant>

It is mindless dramady, which is a fine distraction. We're watching Better Call Saul, which has gotten very serious, so during the mid season break, The Flight Attendant is a good mindless TV filler.

Watched a few episodes of "Mrs Browns Boys". A different style of sitcom. Funny but you have to overlook all the British "F" bombs.

Cheers!

Second season of Hacks has been as good as the first season.

I think season 2 is better than 1, and 1 was awesome. So great to see Jean Smart with such a good role.

Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+ is great, especially if you’re a Star Wars fan.

Manifest
New Amsterdam
A Million Little Things

We just finished Ozark and waiting for the latest season of Better Call Saul.

Same here. Really looked forward to Ozarks and was disappointed, especially the last episode. Too rushed. Ah well....it was a great series but lost some focus. Glad for the great acting by all involved.

We absolutely love BCS. Waiting for hockey to end. I live in Edmonton and our hockey team is doing well....until this last series that is. And then the J6 hearing will start and that should be riveting TV. When that settles down we will watch the last season of BCS.

Breaking Bad and BCS, we came quite late to the series. Our son made us watch BB which my husband and I did not want to start watching....but the story telling and acting was so well done. BCS.....a great series also.

I really liked "Anatomy of a Scandal" - a 6 episode limited series on Netflix, a courtroom drama set in England.

Rewatching Borgen season 1 from 2010 because they are releasing a season 3 this month, over 10 years later after Borgen season 2.

It's so good.

It's one reason I never got around to watching House of Cards, Borgen was said to be better.

Some of the cast have appeared on Game of Thrones and Westworld.

Back
Top Bottom