What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

You can use https://www.justwatch.com to see where find shows and movies. You don't need to create an account, just use the search box.

Thanks for that, very helpful. But I still think posters who post about good shows should tell us what service they are found on, there are just so many streaming services now.

"The Cleaner", an off-center British comedy series on BritBox about a guy who cleans up crime scenes. DW wasn't a big fan but I thought it was hilarious in places, like in S2 E4 when the lead character rattled off what must have been a dozen or more mean-spirited nicknames his schoolmates had for a bed-wetter.

Sounds kind of like Spotless on Netflix, which was very good.

Thanks for that, very helpful. But I still think posters who post about good shows should tell us what service they are found on, there are just so many streaming services now.

and when replying to a post about the show please include the name of the show and where it can be found. thanks.

Assuming they get them from a streaming service. We do not have any but get really good shows worth posting on occasion.

Currently watching Season 5 of FBI and enjoying it.

“Recipes and Murder” is on Acorn streaming at the moment.

Since I don’t subscribe to Acorn and refuse to sign up for multiple streaming services, I ordered the DVDs from my public library. I expect to get them late August. Yes, I realize that is not streaming, and will cease and desist if admonished.

I agree that mentioning the service would be nice.

Last edited:
Chuckanut,

Was wondering what is the issue with "multiple" streaming services - it sounds like it isn't cost, but rather something else?

“Recipes and Murder” is on Acorn streaming at the moment.

Since I don’t subscribe to Acorn and refuse to sign up for multiple streaming services, I ordered the DVDs from my public library. I expect to get them late August. Yes, I realize that is not streaming, and will cease and desist if admonished.

I agree that mentioning the service would be nice.

This thread isn’t “what streaming service are you using”, it’s “what series are you watching” so library DVDs are an equally good viewing option, and most appropriate for this thrifty crowd.

Sharing the source, be it OTA, a streaming service, cable, or the library, is a courtesy for other members.

Chuckanut,

Was wondering what is the issue with "multiple" streaming services - it sounds like it isn't cost, but rather something else?

It is cost. And the fact that 90% of the material on streaming today does not interest me. Besides, how many hours a day can I spend watching TV? So, I would rate them as

• Cost
  • Lack of interest in much of the programming
  • Better things to do with my life than watch TV
That said I do enjoy a good series or movie. For, example, I really liked Lincoln Lawyer and how they have stayed true to the characters in the book while updating the timeline. Same with Bosch. I also enjoy discovering a new series that has been out for years, and going back to watch the older shows in that series. For example, the old Father Brown mysteries were, IMO, much better than the current stuff. The original British House of Cards is much better than its American version, IMO.

Last edited:
For Amazon Prime:

Season 1 - Star Trek Strange New World
Season 1 - From

For Netflix:
Fubar - with Arnold the Terminator
Arnold - 3 episode biography

For Disney:
Secret Invasion - Nick Fury (Samuel Jackson)

For HBO Max

Warrior (Season 3) - this is a fun kickass series, if you've seen Season 1 and 2. Inspired by Bruce Lee.

Recipes for Love and Murder
S. African town, Scottish woman inherits her auntie's farm (that she visited often as a child) and moves to live there. She's an accomplished chef and gets a job writing a recipe column for the local paper, but is fired after they decided they needed to switch up to have an advice column instead, but she pitches a mash-up of advice/recipe that is created specifically for the write-ins and it's a smash. But there's lots of mystery surrounding her previous life, she's embroiled in an ongoing murder investigation and teams up with the young investigative reporter to try to find answers. VERY entertaining and the story arc extends over the entire season.

Darby and Joan
Two lone strangers trekking on the road -- a retired Australian policeman with a dog as his only company and a widowed English nurse -- meet each other and embark on an epic odyssey in the outback of northern Australia. Joan is looking for answers about her husband's unusual death and Jack is just wandering to escape his past, but together they encounter mysteries in the dark corners of the isolated landscape. LOVE IT.

What streaming services?

Both of these shows stream on ACORN.

S2 of Joe Pickett dropped on Paramount + a few weeks back. I wish these streaming services had a way to sign up for email or text notifications when a new or returning show, series or movie is released. I found it quite by accident. We're two epi's into S2 and so far, so good.

S2 of Joe Pickett dropped on Paramount + a few weeks back. I wish these streaming services had a way to sign up for email or text notifications when a new or returning show, series or movie is released. I found it quite by accident. We're two epi's into S2 and so far, so good.

I just found out about that show when the current season started. I binged the first season and liked it so I will wait until the second season concludes on July 30th then binge it ASAP.

I’m watching Pickett. It’s pretty good. But I’m fighting my disappointment in its divergence from the books.
This season is a mash up of probably 6 different book stories. And the characters can be quite different from the books.
I understand that’s how it can go. But I’d rather it just follow the books.

Assuming they get them from a streaming service. We do not have any but get really good shows worth posting on occasion.

Currently watching Season 5 of FBI and enjoying it.

So where are you watching FBI? This is the info that would be helpful to other posters.

I have Paramount Plus and I have gotten many announcements that Pickett season 2 was starting back, would have been hard to miss and I don't even watch it--too depressing.

So where are you watching FBI? This is the info that would be helpful to other posters.

I did not get it from a service in the USA, but I am sure it is on one of them. I think that season 5 is the best season yet, there are some really go nail biting episodes.

I did a Google search for you, and it is available on several services in the USA. See Below.

Attachments

• Streaming.jpg
    Streaming.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 55
Paramount+ is terrible for showing which shows have new episodes. On "keep watching" it doesn't show when a series has a new episode. I have to go through numerous clicks to see if there is a new episode, especially on a show that has lots of episodes. Just a small peeve.

I’m watching Pickett. It’s pretty good. But I’m fighting my disappointment in its divergence from the books.
This season is a mash up of probably 6 different book stories. And the characters can be quite different from the books.
I understand that’s how it can go. But I’d rather it just follow the books.

Yes, Pickett’s character was not as dark and brooding in the books. And I still don’t like the casting for Gov. Rulon.

Joe Pickett is the thinking man’s detective. But, the TV show leans strongly in the direction of accentuating the violence, evil and risks, while the real strength of the books was Pickett’s ability to take a few loose ends and get to the truth, sometimes in a roundabout way.

I did not get it from a service in the USA, but I am sure it is on one of them. I think that season 5 is the best season yet, there are some really go nail biting episodes.

I did a Google search for you, and it is available on several services in the USA. See Below.

all of the FBI's are on broadcast CBS and streaming on Paramount +.

DH has been binge watching “The English” on Amazon Prime, a larger than life Western set in 1890 with flashbacks to 1875. It looks fantastic and DH says it really is. Incredible American West cinematography and the acting looks great. Lots of interesting characters. I plan to watch it myself. DH uses AirPods to watch so I don’t even know what it sounds like.

BTW Tom Hughes from Victoria is one of the characters also has a German accent in this.

We just watched the first four episodes of Deadloch on prime. It's about two detectives in a small Tasmanian town. There are 8 episodes but not all of them are out. (2 more will drop in a week and the last two at the end of the month. )

Quirky characters, potty mouth language, but very funny with a decent murder mystery to boot.

The season finale of Deadloch dropped tonight. It was well done and I enjoyed it. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers.

Lincoln Lawyer season 2 is now on Netflix. Now to choose between that, Deadloch, The English. They all look good.

Back
Top Bottom