What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Glad it wasn't just me. I read the books about 30 years ago and also doubted my memory after struggling through the Apple TV series. I think the name Foundation was the same.

Watching Foundation is sort of like going to see Gold Finger and instead of that finding the story line details are from a Nancy Drew mystery. The less said, the better.

On to other shows, I always enjoy a good Western so I think I will finally start watching Ted Lasso.

We started The Witcher Season 3. We really like it! Not for all but for us it is great.

+1

I started to watch the series Bear a while ago. I grew up in the restaurant business and found this portrayal pretty accurate. But it was hard to watch, complex relationships. Season 2 is awesome!

I’ve been watching Recipes for Love and Murder which another person recommended a few weeks back. So far I am enjoying it very much. It takes place in a small town in South Africa. How refreshing it is to not be the typical American or British murder mystery. The towns people remind of the town folk in Doc Martin. That is they are a quirky, eccentric and everybody is a bit off from normal. I am about 1/3 the way through it and the mystery is still developing.

The show is probably on Acorn. I ordered the DVD disks from my local public library.

I just noticed that if you get the DVDs they come with a booklet that gives all 10 recipes used in the series. :)

The final season (so they say) of Billions starts in a few weeks. Bobby Alexrod (my hero) is coming back too for the final season. Can't wait.

That’s great to hear. Axelrod is the better villain than the last season guy. Looking forward to it.

Just started watching Peaky Blinders -- great story with compelling characters.

Also always enjoy PBS series as they come up (Ridley, DI Ray, Granchester) -- definitely quality TV

I have tried (twice) to watch The Diplomat with Kerri Russell. I am a big fan of hers, and I was really looking forward to the show, especially after several folks in this thread gave it good reviews.

As the opening credits began, I heard a strange voice-over, and I thought there was something seriously wrong with my computer, or the streaming service. I restarted it, and the voice-over was still there.

It is the most annoying gimmick I have ever heard in a TV show, and it completely ruins it for me. It is distracting, it seriously interrupts the flow, and (IMHO) it is a very lazy device for telling a story.

I'll just have to wait until Kerri makes another series.

Finished off Crowded Room, Psychological thriller (Complete with Suicide warnings), DW loved it. I was so, so, but entertaining nevertheless.

Finished Good Omens Season 2, good supernatural entertainment. Some very funny parts. Religious folks may not like it.

Started Innocent (Season 1 of 2). The jury is still out after episode 1. It was late and I fell asleep.

I don't want to specify shows but I started watching a show that keeps going back in time not just to two points in time but three. I don't even like occasional flashbacks let alone constant back and forth to three different points in time with the same characters. This is the second show I have watched in the last month that does this constantly thru out the series. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad way to do a show? I have a hard enough time following a show with normal timing let alone this format.

Recently started Home Before Dark on AppleTV, and we are loving it. A super cute young investigative journalist unearths secrets from her father's past. It's a very entertaining story as well as heartwarming, and this young actor is really impressive as well.

In addition, we also started the nature show "Big Beasts" on AppleTV - short half-hour nature films that focus upon large animals primarily. The videography is amazing, and we are seeing a few animals that we've never learned about before, like giant otters in the Brazilian Pantanal.

I've been watching Captain Fall on Netflix (animated, adults-only). This is one of those series that you watch and then deny watching if anyone asks. :D

I don't want to specify shows but I started watching a show that keeps going back in time not just to two points in time but three. I don't even like occasional flashbacks let alone constant back and forth to three different points in time with the same characters. This is the second show I have watched in the last month that does this constantly thru out the series. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad way to do a show? I have a hard enough time following a show with normal timing let alone this format.
It confuses the heck out me too!
That said, I am watching "Dark" (Netflix), involving multiple time lines, time travel, time paradoxes, it's the most confusing series I've ever seen but I'm still enjoying it. (And might have to watch it a 2nd time to understand it).

We recently started watching The Witcher on Netflix. I think it took me 5 episodes before I realized that the reason I couldn't figure out what was going on was that the three main characters existed in different time frames, and the story was slowly bringing them together. I'm into the second season now, and enjoying it. But I nearly bailed because of the time issues.

We recently started watching The Witcher on Netflix. I think it took me 5 episodes before I realized that the reason I couldn't figure out what was going on was that the three main characters existed in different time frames, and the story was slowly bringing them together. I'm into the second season now, and enjoying it. But I nearly bailed because of the time issues.
Thanks for the warning. I thought about watching this, if I can ever get around to it. There's been a few positive comments on the series here. I can deal with some time frames changing as long as I can follow what's going on.

The season finale of Deadloch dropped tonight. It was well done and I enjoyed it. I won't say any more to avoid spoilers.

DH and I really enjoyed Deadloch. I love quirky characters and a good murder mystery that keeps you guessing until the end. I thought they did a brilliant job.

Thanks for the warning. I thought about watching this, if I can ever get around to it. There's been a few positive comments on the series here. I can deal with some time frames changing as long as I can follow what's going on.

Not finding a meme I saw the other day, the thrust of which was that the poster heard that the Disney might cancel Witcher because of the writer's strike. Shocked the poster as they weren't aware that Witcher had writer's.

We bailed on it years ago after a couple episodes - main character was just way too pretty to be plausible. And it was boring/tepid.

DH and I really enjoyed Deadloch. I love quirky characters and a good murder mystery that keeps you guessing until the end. I thought they did a brilliant job.

I agree! I hope there will be a second season.

Season 2 Part 2 of the Lincoln Lawyer just dropped. Should be good we enjoyed Season 1 and were waiting for part 2 of Season 2 before binging.

The final season (so they say) of Billions starts in a few weeks. Bobby Alexrod (my hero) is coming back too for the final season. Can't wait.

That’s great to hear. Axelrod is the better villain than the last season guy. Looking forward to it.
As an FYI,

the seventh and final season of "Billions" premieres on Paramount+ with Showtime streaming service on August 11, 2023, and then debut on the Showtime network on August 13 at 8 p.m.

We bailed on it years ago after a couple episodes - main character was just way too pretty to be plausible. And it was boring/tepid.

After looking into Witcher further, it looks like it really went downhill by season 3. And quite a few negative comments about the series online.

DH watched all 3 seasons of Norwegian series Occupied on Netflix. It’s pretty amazing they kept up the suspense over three seasons with most of the characters there.

Worth mentioning that the series which aired 2015-2019 is eerily prescient in terms of world events (more like an echo).

Last edited:
It confuses the heck out me too!
That said, I am watching "Dark" (Netflix), involving multiple time lines, time travel, time paradoxes, it's the most confusing series I've ever seen but I'm still enjoying it. (And might have to watch it a 2nd time to understand it).
I thought that Dark looked interesting, but I've read that it's the most mentally exhausting keeping track of everything and everyone and how they relate. So, I think that's a little more than I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom