What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu is one of their top shows.

On Max, the most popular shows of the last couple of years have been Succession and White Lotus. Of course they’re also known for Sopranos and Game of Thrones.
If (and it's a big if) you liked Max/HBO's Game of Thrones, then you'll almost certainly enjoy the prequel, House of the Dragon which has had one season with a second season coming next summer on Max. Max also has the highly regarded series, The Wire and also Six Feet Under. The latter has what, for me, is the best series finale ever!

We started watching Obituary on Hulu. It’s Irish about a woman who rights obituaries for a small town newspaper. She’s very strange as are a lot of the characters and it’s a dark comedy.

Just picked up Britbox. I recall seeing recommendations in this thread in the past. But without having to go back through lots of pages, anyone have series recommendations on Britbox? Thanks

We're watching a new-old series on Paramount+: "Ghosts UK." We're a fan of the US version. Paramount+ started dropping the original British version at 2 episodes per week.

Not sure if this is available on BritBox or not.

Both are good and have their unique qualities, with some obvious cross-over, much like "The Office."

Just picked up Britbox. I recall seeing recommendations in this thread in the past. But without having to go back through lots of pages, anyone have series recommendations on Britbox? Thanks

I picked up Brit Box this time last year.

Most recommendations for Brit Box involve detective shows, which are excellent, but they typically have plots that are slow to develop. If they are not your cup of tea...

For a hilarious comedy about a curmudgeon and his long-suffering wife adjusting to his retirement, check out "One Foot in the Grave."

For a brilliantly written quirky dark comedy anthology series it's "Inside No. 9."

Both of these shows have pilot episodes that don't show off their true greatness so I suggest watching at least the first two episodes.

"Death in Paradise" is a faster paced British whodunit with a less serious tone. The tropical setting is a nice place to visit.

If you like police procedurals with plot twists "Line of Duty" can't be beat.

Last edited:
Actually, Endeavor is on PBS Passport. Maybe you’re thinking of Inspector Morse?
I get Britbox using an Amazon Prime subscription and it's so well integrated into the Prime interface that I forgot the first 8 seasons are actually through Prime. I ended up purchasing the 9th season partly with some digital credits.

+1 on Death in Paradise.

And it seems they have found a semi-permanent inspector!!!

I liked their season 1 guy the best. Now he is Professor T and he continues in the roll of socially messed up, but very smart characters.

After getting the $0.99 Hulu deal, I have started watching The Handmaid's Tale, Fargo (season 3), and The Orville.

I was most surprised by The Orville. The first episode is a bit dorky but they just keep getting better and better, now by episode 6 I am totally hooked..it is as good as the original Star Trek.

After getting the $0.99 Hulu deal, I have started watching The Handmaid's Tale, Fargo (season 3), and The Orville.

I was most surprised by The Orville. The first episode is a bit dorky but they just keep getting better and better, now by episode 6 I am totally hooked..it is as good as the original Star Trek.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is the second time I've heard praise for The Orville, season 3. I gave up on it midway through S2, only finishing the season out of a sense of obligation. I might have to take a peek now that I've got Hulu ($.99 per month special pricing.)

While one and two are good, In my opinion season 3 of The Orville is better than most of the current ST spinoffs. Season 3 is entitled New Horizons.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This is the second time I've heard praise for The Orville, season 3. I gave up on it midway through S2, only finishing the season out of a sense of obligation. I might have to take a peek now that I've got Hulu ($.99 per month special pricing.)

No, season 3 of Fargo

I am on season 1 of The Orville

I started the most recent season of Great British Baking Show on Netflix. The final episode isn’t yet released by will be on Dec 1, which is fine with us, we watch 1 episode per day.

Also added MAX @ $2.99/month for 6 months.

What should I watch there before canceling at end of promo?

There is so much great stuff on Max (formerly known as HBO), it's hard to even know where to begin. But here are my favorites which I'd highly, highly recommend:

The Sopranos
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Succession
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Last of Us
The Leftovers
Big Little Lies (limited series)
The Outsider (limited series)
The White Lotus (limited series)
Mare of Easttown (limited series)

In our home Brit Box is known as Binge Box, at least for DW.

Currently we're plodding thru "MI-5", titled as "Spooks" in the UK. It's well acted and keeps your attention. However, some of the plots are a little on the ridiculous side (no spoilers here).

It's interesting to watch the cell phones and office iMac models update from season to season.

_B

Just finished Culprits. We thought it was a great show, a Heist with a twist. Typical UK production with no shortage of Language, although not exaggerated, and violence.

Also watched Invasion 2021 Season 2, Wheel of Time S02 & The Irrational S01. All very watchable.

No idea where they are streaming right now, but not too hard to figure out.

Last edited:
There is so much great stuff on Max (formerly known as HBO), it's hard to even know where to begin. But here are my favorites which I'd highly, highly recommend:

The Sopranos
Deadwood
Six Feet Under
Succession
The Wire
Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Last of Us
The Leftovers
Big Little Lies (limited series)
The Outsider (limited series)
The White Lotus (limited series)
Mare of Easttown (limited series)
Right! I've seen every one of the above. Now "Bookie" with Sebastian Maniscalco. Will start that one tonight.

Just finished, and liked, Three Pines based on the books by Louise Penny. Alfred Molina plays Gamache. There was a previous Gamache movie starring Nathaniel Parker, which we didn't like, despite Nathaniel Parker. Unfortunately, the series ended up in a cliffhanger of sorts (not really, if you read the books), and wasn't renewed for a second season by Prime.

Just finished Culprits. We thought it was a great show, a Heist with a twist. Typical UK production with no shortage of Language, although not exaggerated, and violence.

Also watched Invasion 2021 Season 2, Wheel of Time S02 & The Irrational S01. All very watchable.

No idea where they are streaming right now, but not too hard to figure out.

this should help find programs and movies:

https://www.justwatch.com/

Based on positive comments in this thread we've been binge watching From (MGM+). We'll finish S2 tonight and we're loving it! Much better than Lost. Can't wait for S3.

Back
Top Bottom