What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Fargo tv series

I never was interested in Fargo because tv series derived from a movie seemed like a bad idea. I watched an episode craving to see snow scenes and it is creative fun violent artful with quirky characters, maybe more so than the movie. If you liked the movie, you might like the tv series even more.

Last edited:
I never was interested in this because tv series derived from a movie seemed like a bad idea. I watched an episode craving to see snow scenes and it is creative fun violent artful with quirky characters, maybe more so than the movie. If you liked the movie, you might like the tv series even more.

To what movie are you referring??

Wow didn't know he was an actor; have only seen him doing stand-up comedy.

Watch "About My Father" a movie, I think on Starz. Laugh out loud with Robert De Niro. Maniscalco wrote the screenplay.

"The film stars Maniscalco and is loosely based on his life and his relationship with his father, played by Robert De Niro. Leslie Bibb, Anders Holm, David Rasche, and Kim Cattrall co-star in supporting roles."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/About_My_Father

We’ve been watching Beacon 23 (MGM+) for about a month. SciFi offering about a “light house in space”. IMO it’s a hot mess but my wife liked it.

"Hijack" starring Idris Elba on Apple TV.

Flawed initial setup but a nail-biting ride as a plane is hijacked leaving Dubai headed for London.

I'm a sucker for airplane in peril dramas and this one really ratchets up the tension. I watched four of the seven episodes last night. I was riveted, no, welded in my seat. Comes close to achieving "24" in that need to see what happens next.

Last edited:
Not sure if this show has already been mentioned, but "Fisk" on Netflix is a very good Australian comedy about a dry-witted estate lawyer working in a small office with some interesting characters. There are two short seasons, about 6 episodes each.

Not sure if this show has already been mentioned, but "Fisk" on Netflix is a very good Australian comedy about a dry-witted estate lawyer working in a small office with some interesting characters. There are two short seasons, about 6 episodes each.

I heard DeadLoch, based in Tasmania, is good too.

Also enjoyed Rake as well.

We binged Fisk over several nights and enjoyed it.

I haven't seen anyone mention Naked Attraction the UK dating show streaming on MAX.
My daughter and I watched it for a couple of hours one day and it is hilarious and oddly addicting. It's on my list to watch it all at some point when I have absolutely nothing else to do and I feel like a good laugh.
Here is a clip of Aunt Chippy reviewing the show for Jimmy Kimmel. She pretty much covers all the details.

Last edited:
Yep! It's been mentioned here which caused me to watch S1. Hilarious, but didnt know there was a Season 2. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
If you like psychological thrillers you need to check out Leave The World Behind (Netflix). 4.5 stars out of a possible 5.
I just saw a commercial earlier about this while watching a football game, which got me curious, and made me look it up on imdb a short time later. But the reviews weren't looking that good.

Trying "Foundation".

My recommendation: Read the books. Or get the audio book version. The TV show strays very, very, very very far from the book both in characters and plots, IMHO, and in a way that is not good.

Note: Foundation is a great SciFi trilogy. Actually it's more than a trilogy with follow up books written later in Assimov's later years. The science and tech in the books is a bit dated, but the stories are definitely worth the read.

Last edited:
Foundation, I agree. No mention of the Mule or did I miss that in the series?

Back
Top Bottom