What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I find it difficult to take illogical plots seriously, and find myself laughing at content where I doubt the makers intended comedy. British-made dramas are less likely to venture into laughable nonsense than American.

Almost through S1 of Lawmen: Bass Reeves (Paramount +). 8 epis which covers the first years of former slave Bass Reeves turned Deputy U.S. Marshal for for Judge Issac (Ths Hanging Judge) Parker. During his 32-yrs as a Deputy Marshal he made 3000-arrests in Indian Territory and killed 14 outlaws in defense of his life. A remarkable man.

The acting is superb and the story moves along. The S1 finale airs on 12/17 and based on where the series is in his story I doubt it will cover his entire career. Maybe subsequent seasons will pick up his story or profile other famous lawmen. In any case I recommend you give this a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15399640/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Reeves.
I just watched it as well and it's really good.

I've been binging Paramount+ shows recently and enjoyed them all.

Yellowstone
Tulsa King I did not expect to like this one but it was really funny.
Lawman Bass Reeves
(New) Frasier
Mayor Of Kingstown
Joe Pickett

Well, against my better judgment we finished S1 of the new Frasier (Paramount+). My wife thought it was 'OK' but for me Epi 10 was just as bad as Epi 1. I know some of you liked and I'm happy for you. But this just reinforces my belief that perfect shows like the original Frasier should never be ressurected.

Started "Murder in Boston: Roots, Rampage, and Reckoning"
About a murder that happened in 1989. Well done documentary. HBO Max

Well, against my better judgment we finished S1 of the new Frasier (Paramount+). My wife thought it was 'OK' but for me Epi 10 was just as bad as Epi 1. I know some of you liked and I'm happy for you. But this just reinforces my belief that perfect shows like the original Frasier should never be ressurected.

I finished S1 of Frasier as well. The descriptive word for me is "disappointing." While there were brief flashes of semi-brilliance in some episodes finding those nuggets was a slog through mediocrity. The laugh track is unbearable, insulting even.

As far as I'm concerned they can forget about a season 2. I am.

I recall a new Frasier preview from several years ago that was decidedly dark, with, among other scenes, Frasier physically fighting his brother over a suitcase of money. I don't know if that was a joke, a trial balloon, or what. I'm glad the writers did not go that direction, but this new Frasier is meh.

The only reasonably good follow up to a successful show I have seen is Bret Maverick. And it only lasted a year. Still, James Garner played that lovable rogue gambler and con-man as well as he did in earlier years.

Reacher season 2 begins today. It’s 8 episodes, 3 released today, the remaining 5 will be released 1 per week through Jan 19.

Reacher season 2 begins today. It’s 8 episodes, 3 released today, the remaining 5 will be released 1 per week through Jan 19.

Yes, looking forward to this. I've read all the books and the story this season is based upon is very good.

Reacher, S1, was a pretty good adaptation of the book.

The local newspaper listed the top 5 series of the year in today's issue: The Bear, Succession, Barry, The Curse, and Reservation Dogs.

I've seen and loved the first two, but I haven't seen much in this thread on the last three. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The local newspaper listed the top 5 series of the year in today's issue: The Bear, Succession, Barry, The Curse, and Reservoir Dogs.

I've seen and loved the first two, but I haven't seen much in this thread on the last three. Any thoughts?

Barry was good for the first couple seasons, but went downhill after that imo. Have not seen the Curse. Thought Reservoir Dogs was a movie not a series. A good movie btw.

I got Hulu and Disney+ at a good price with a Black Friday deal. I wanted to see some of the Star Wars spinoffs. I watched The Mandalorian - it was fun to see some of the creatures and locations from the old movies again. But the episodes were pretty short on story, and too long on action / battle / fight scenes and I fast forwarded through some of those. Too much emphasis on special effects instead of story, but still a decent series. I started Boba Fett and have the same comments, except I find it not as good as The Mandalorian.

That guy is huge! Or is it clever trick photography?

He stands 6'3" but the 'Reacher' character is supposed to be 6'5". But that actor is, to say the least, well built. The first two epis of S2 are just the right mix of story, humor and action.

That guy is huge! Or is it clever trick photography?

He was in an earlier show called “Titans”. He’s big but in that show doesn’t tower over everyone else and his upper body isn’t quite as muscular. I suspect for Reacher it’s a combination of smart photographic angles, careful selection of costars and him bulking up for that role.

We watched "Reacher" together tonight on Amazon Prime Video, and loved it just as much as we loved the previous episodes way back when. Love the actor that plays Reacher and I was SO GLAD that they chose him (Alan Ritchson, I believe?) to play that character again. Perfect casting decision.

Frank is sure they put lifts in his shoes. Honestly I don't care because however they do it, the illusion of his tremendous stature is intact and believable. Love, love, love this series! :D We decided to watch just one episode tonight rather than binging on them, so we still have the rest to look forward to on other nights. One of the few TV shows I truly enjoy.

Is this a new season of Reacher that just came out?

If you like psychological thrillers you need to check out Leave The World Behind (Netflix). 4.5 stars out of a possible 5.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12747748/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Watched it last night. It held my interest as it kept me guessing. Good production values and acting.

Got a lot of 1 out of 10 ratings because people didn't like the ending. It seems a lot of people need stuff spoon fed to them with neon signs pointing the way to a conclusion. I'll give it a 7.5.

Back
Top Bottom