What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

DW and I are about 6 episodes into the first season of Glitch on Netflix. It's an Australian show about some people who have come back to life (not as zombies). That's a common enough topic these days, but the show is well done and we're enjoying it.

To me it is just one of those rare "teen" show that I became addicted to -- "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer," "Veronica Mars," and "Anne With An E."
Your choices are in DH's main favorites as well. We actually did a little "blow that dough" for the veronica mars movie on kickstarter a few years back. We went for the higher category, which included the NYC red carpet premiere and made a weekend out of it. Got to go to the private viewing of the movie, then the fancy after party, + our pics with Kristen and the cast, as well as chatted with her husband and Ira Glass, was great fun.

As for new shows, not new, but I am thoroughly enjoying the British Bake Off on netflix.

So much good content if you can open the door to streaming.

Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones
Vikings
House of Cards, The Americans, True Detective, Homeland, Rectify
Longmire
Outlander, Poldark
Stranger Things, The OA
Downton Abbey, A Place to Call Home, 800 Words, Janet King
Victoria, The Crown
Narcos
Sherlock
Dexter
Big Little Lies, This is Us
Ozark, Mindhunter
Death in Paradise
Fargo
Orange is the New Black
Mad Men
The Good Wife
Bloodline, Lillyhammer, Alias Grace

Subjective, but great list..wish Lilyhammer had survived[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319]

I hesitated to make such a long post, but there really are some quality shows out there if you can find them. Some have already been mentioned below:

1) The Americans - what a fantastic show. I assume you lived through the cold war, you should like spy show.

2) House of Cards - really good and innovative political drama. Had me at the first episode.

3) Homeland - first time in years I watched a show/movie with two people sitting at a table talking for 10 minutes ...and was sitting on the edge of my seat. The acting was amazing.

4) Narcos - Yeah, just watch it. Superb. I really had no interest in Pablo or the subject matter, and I think the show is fantastic.

5) Dexter - Unbelievably innovative and creative if you can handle the subject matter. The trick is from the start, you actually LIKE the serial killer.

6) 30 for 30 - It's not quite what you asked for, but if you like sports at all this "series" is fantastic. Each episode is a mini movie covering a sports topic. Very well done and the stories are usually good.

7) Billions - Another drama with amazing acting. Basically about a US attorney who is trying to take down a billionaire hedgefund manager.

8) Brockmire - I love baseball and Hank Azaria.

9) The Good Place - New 1/2 hour comedy with Ted Danson. It is entertaining with some interesting lines.

10) Imposters - Gotta say, I really liked the first season and am hopeful for the second. About a female con artist

11) Lucifer - So, the devil has decided to come to Earth and stay for a while. Ohh, and he likes to help a police detective solve crimes. He's pretty much up front about the whole thing, telling people who he is.

12) Suits - might be my favorite on the list. A legal drama, but not your typical one.

13) White Collar - a con man/ art thief is busted by the FBI. He starts helping them solve cases (but is he really)

14) Boss - with Kelsey Grammer as the Mayor of Chicago. I still can't believe it was cancelled.

Similar tastes here...another great list

We're just finishing up Season Six of Ray Donovan.

Modern Love on Prime. If you have any fondness for New York City, it will make it even better. Only eight 30 minute episodes... Some are fantastic, but there are one or two that weren't as great, but make sure you watch all of episode 8.

Its based on submissions to the NY Times for their 'Modern Love' column.

we watched both seasons. very good. always enjoy watching billy bob. It doesn't appear that there will be a third season.

Just finished watching Season 3 (of Goliath) on Amazon Prime. A little weirder than the first two, but we still enjoyed it.

Modern Love on Prime. If you have any fondness for New York City, it will make it even better. Only eight 30 minute episodes... Some are fantastic, but there are one or two that weren't as great, but make sure you watch all of episode 8.

Enjoyed that series. I followed up on the Dan Savage story. He adopted the homeless woman's child. Quite amazing story. Long term, did not end that well.

DW and I are about 6 episodes into the first season of Glitch on Netflix. It's an Australian show about some people who have come back to life (not as zombies). That's a common enough topic these days, but the show is well done and we're enjoying it.

Good Call on Glitch, downloaded all 3 seasons yesterday and we are already halfway through season 2.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Season 3 (of Goliath) on Amazon Prime. A little weirder than the first two, but we still enjoyed it.

Just started season 3. I think it's ironic that it's about corrupt politics in California considering the current PGE issues. Granted the show focuses on water, but I can see a slight connection.

Second season of The Kaminsky Method is out and we are enjoying that too.

Just started the Jack Ryan series. It's interesting to see John Kransinski not be Jim Halpert.

Binged season 2 of The Kominsky Method. It was very funny and I enjoyed it as much as season 1. There were some unnecessary political jabs that seemed forced and had nothing to do with show storylines, but not too many to completely turn a person off.

We are binging on that now. How did I not know how good this was. For people that are retired or over the age of 50 this is a must

I skipped the episode with Anne Hathaway. Is it worth going back to watch that? I loved the one with the doorman and the one with the Indian guy. The daddy issue one was the worst one of all (gag-me-with-a-spoon bad).

We are binging on that now. How did I not know how good this was. For people that are retired or over the age of 50 this is a must
Really? I'm 60 and I thought it was for older folks (I only watched half of the first episode I think), but maybe I'll go back and watch it...

Season 3 of the The Good Karma Hospital starts on Monday on Acorn, for fellow fans.

Really? I'm 60 and I thought it was for older folks (I only watched half of the first episode I think), but maybe I'll go back and watch it...

I am still a ways from 50 and really enjoy the show. Although, I had several years of having weekly happy hours with a group of men in their 80's (and they have all since passed on), so it help fill some of that void in my life.

Not a 'series' in the spirit of this thread, but I enjoyed watching the World Series last month :cool:

just finished S2 of 'Jack Ryan'. as a devoted fan of Tom Clancy all i can say is More More More!

as an aside i had never heard of John Krasinski before 'Jack Ryan'. i looked him up on IMDB. don't recall seeing any of his previous work including 'The Office' which we found to be tedious, unfunny and painful to watch. i think we ended up watching maybe 10-min of one episode. but John is VERY good as Jack, very much like the Ryan in the books.

just finished S2 of 'Jack Ryan'. as a devoted fan of Tom Clancy all i can say is More More More!

Started watching Jack Ryan S1 and got through episode 3. That was it for me. This is the story about the drone operator that felt guilty about what he was doing, went to the bar and brought home a woman and her husband for sex (the husband wanted to watch), the drone operator ended up getting beat up, then disobeyed a direct order at work the next day.

That whole sequence was so contrived, depraved and unrealistic I junked the rest of the series.

And I like the Jack Ryan stories. Also Ludlum novels, Jack Reacher novels, Brad Thor's books, etc.

Back
Top Bottom