What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

DH is really looking forward to watching Dispatches from Elsewhere. I am not very polite about fantasy-leaning shows so will remove myself from the room while it's on (as I have had to do with The Outsider on HBO).

I recorded the first two episode of Dispatches from Elsewhere and didn't make it half way through the first one before deleting it. I would be very surprised if they make it to season 2.

Bringing DW up to speed by rewatching Babylon Berlin (Netflix) starting with season 1. Season 3 is out now. This is made in Germany with dubbing that is pretty good I think. Taken partly from the book series. Takes place in the early 30's showing the turmoil that was under the surface of Depression era Germany after WW1. Really well done.

We watched the first episode of the new "Amazing Stories" series on Apple TV+. DW and I found it rather enjoyable, although about 3/4 of the way through it got a bit too convenient, plotwise. But it had a surpise twist at the end. To avoid spoiler, I can't go into more detail.

Completed 5 seasons of Schitt's Creek on Netflix, second time. That's a lot of laughs.

I finished Season 2. While not as flat-out excellent and surprising as Season 1, it was very good, very satisfying. I liked all four of the main characters, which is very rare for me.

If you like shows about cons, plot twists, people double and triple crossing others, suspense, intrigue, this is it! Told a friend about it and he watched the first four episodes last night, texting me with comments and praise. I had to turn off the notifications on my phone a little after midnight.

while Bravo was the original network to produce Imposters, they decided not to have a season 3. Netflix has picked up the show and may decide to have another season. Hope so. This is a very entertaining show.

I just finished watching Sex Education on Netflix - quirky, funny and thoroughly awkward teen romcom. Recommended.

Hunters on Prime. Chilling. Based on some truth. Then I started researching. OMG Operation Paperclip!

McMillions on HBO

Really fascinating look at how the McDonald's Monopoly game was infiltrated/hacked and millions of dollars in game pieces were stolen and fraudulently distributed back in the 1990s. Definitely worth watching for fans of true crime documentaries.

We finished watching this 6 episode documentary. A fascinating story, very well told, highly recommended.

+1

We really enjoyed McMillion$, too, thanks for the recommendation.

FYI when searching for it, use the $ for the "s". I couldn't find it at first.

I've been trying to watch the second season of Lost In Space.

I say trying because I have found I can FF through 5 - 10 minute chunks of it and still follow the plot. So, I don't know if I can really call that watching.

Unacknowledged on Netflix. So you think UFO's and life on other planets is fiction. Think again. This opened my eyes and I don't believe in UFO's.

A little hokey at times but very entertaining for fans of Phryne... well worth the watch. (ACORN TV)

Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
Feature Film | Australian Mystery

Continuing the story of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, this highly anticipated feature film follows detective extraordinaire Miss Phryne Fisher as she embarks on a globe-trotting romp of mystery and mayhem across the exotic 1920s deserts of the Negev and the dangerous back alleys of London.

Me:

Westworld Season 3 HBO
The Outsider HBO (just finished)
Interrogation HBO (just finished)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Star Trek Picard (CBS All Access)
South Park

Wife:

Sister Wives
90 Day Fiance
Governor Cuomo's Daily Pandemic Briefing

We are worlds apart when it comes to entertainment.

The Outsider - HBO (just finished)

What to Do When Someone Dies - Acorn (The actress who played Marcella in the british TV series "Marcella" was the protagonist and it was really good IMHO)

American Experience: New York. 8 episodes on Amazon Prime.
We've overcome a lot in the U.S.

Counterpart on Amazon Prime - 2 seasons. It was good.
Self-Made: Inspired by the life of Madam C.J. Walker on Netflix - outstanding.

Magicians on Netflix is pretty good
Same with Lost in Space (Parker Posey!)

All Simpsons reruns are available on Disney+

Valhalla Murders on Netflix. An 8 episode Icelandic mystery/police procedural with subtitles. A bit on the dark side - the lead detectives have heavy family-related issues and the current-day murders are the consequence of abuse of young boys in a foster/group home many years before. Just the ticket if self-quarantining is getting you down.

Nice Icelandic scenery.

I'd give it an overall grade of B.

Valhalla Murders on Netflix. An 8 episode Icelandic mystery/police procedural with subtitles. A bit on the dark side - the lead detectives have heavy family-related issues and the current-day murders are the consequence of abuse of young boys in a foster/group home many years before. Just the ticket if self-quarantining is getting you down.

Nice Icelandic scenery.

I'd give it an overall grade of B.
I'm on episode 4, did she get the promotion:)? Will finish tonight.

Everyone on social media is talking about The Tiger King docu series on Netflix. Takes your mind off the Coronavirus. It is crazy!!

Ozark, third season. What a hoot! Happy family, money laundering, mafia and a whole bunch of OMG. Addictive for sure.

We are binge watching Picard on CBS All Access, we love Star Trek and this new show is great. Lots of action and very impressive special effects, I bet it cost a boat load to make. I love the fact that Picard is an old 80 year old geezer and goes on all these adventures.

Ozark, third season. What a hoot! Happy family, money laundering, mafia and a whole bunch of OMG. Addictive for sure.

Yep, couldn't have come at a better time.

Yep, couldn't have come at a better time.

We're just 4 episodes into season one, so it's nice to have something to look forward to. Trying to limit it to 2 episodes a day, 2 or 3 times per week. We may be able to stretch it through the end of the month. Also watching Imposters (too bad it got canceled), Picard, and a few others that have been mentioned here.

Back
Top Bottom