What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

In Betweeners on Netflix was hilarious coming of age British comedy.

Oh yeah. I watched all 3 seasons (18 episodes) in January. Each episode is only 23 minutes long. The dialogue is absolutely killer funny. I love British slang. There are some hilarious situations too.

In-Betweeners are teenagers that aren't in the cool crowd, but they're not nerds either. They are "in between".

Did you know there are two feature films as well?

This may not be for everyone but the PBS Masterpiece show "Call the Midwife" started a new season last Sunday.. It is an excellent British show about nuns who are midwives in London in the 50s . I think it is on about its 8th season. I highly recommend it but there are alot of scenes of babies being born so be forewarned.

Just finished watching the first season of Pickard (Star Trek) on CBS all access. Loved it. The last episode of the season was one of the best last episodes I have seen since the last episode of Mash. Can't wait for the second season.
I got 60 day trial of CBS All Access the other day (sign-up gets 30 days free and a second code "GIFT" gets another 30).

Watched all but the last two 'hours' of Picard. I like it, well worth watching, but not the best ST imo. Unlike STNG, each show of 'Picard' doesn't stand on it's own; it's like they wrote the season as an outline and then filled in the details. And the details might be "how can we get old STNG characters written in", hehe! It's not a particularly great story line so far, and the character development is a bit uni dimensional, but I'd watch another season of it, as it's fun, and it's Star Trek.

DW is watching The Crown, first season on Netflix. I started watching it with her and realized that we'd seen it before (finally figured out it was a nice British couple we met on a trans-Atlantic...they gave us an SD card and we watched it sailing the Atlantic). So I bowed-out and let her watch that. I may rejoin her on the second season.

DW and I watched The Witcher on Netflix. I'm not a huge fantasy fan, primarily because the stories can lean too heavily on "some crazy person (or entity)". Lot's of swords, blood and guts and the occasional naked person. A story that I couldn't really keep track of. The only reason I started watching it was DD1 gave me a book (or somehow I ended up reading a Witcher book on her recommendation), and I thought it would be cool to see the TV adaptation. The problem was that the story of the book I read came AFTER the whole set of TV shows. So the whole time I'm thinking "when am I going to recognize the story" and I never did. At the very end of the TV series, I concluded the book started where the TV show ended :facepalm:

As for my plans for more stuff...enough of you said BCS and Ozark were good...I might go with those. DW was saying she was interested in those too.

As for my plans for more stuff...enough of you said BCS and Ozark were good...I might go with those. DW was saying she was interested in those too.

Be sure to watch Ozark from the beginning, not just the new season. You will be lost if you don't start from the beginning.

Loved Ozark season 3. After watching full season I think I’ve seen one of the best acting performances I’ve seen in a very long time. Will not spoil but it’s a riveting performance that draws you in.

Be sure to watch Ozark from the beginning, not just the new season. You will be lost if you don't start from the beginning.

Loved Ozark season 3. After watching full season I think I’ve seen one of the best acting performances I’ve seen in a very long time. Will not spoil but it’s a riveting performance that draws you in.

For those of you that have watched Ozark's Season 3, did you go back and re-watch any of Season 2 as a refresher? DW and I aren't recalling a lot from S2 so we're thinking about watching the last 2-3 episodes.

We're enjoying "Tales from the Loop" on Amazon Prime Video, which is inspired by Simon Stålenhag's paintings. It's a set of loosely connected stories with a sci-fi background that reminds me of "The Twilight Zone".

For those of you that have watched Ozark's Season 3, did you go back and re-watch any of Season 2 as a refresher? DW and I aren't recalling a lot from S2 so we're thinking about watching the last 2-3 episodes.

I didn’t go back but it may have been helpful. Was happy that 3rd season continued strong. Based on the season 3 ending, season 4 looks to start off fast. Will have to wait awhile though : )

Just out of curiosity, is anyone besides me still watching Dispatches from Elsewhere? It's very strange, but I'm really enjoying if.

I got 60 day trial of CBS All Access the other day (sign-up gets 30 days free and a second code "GIFT" gets another 30).

Watched all but the last two 'hours' of Picard. I like it, well worth watching, but not the best ST imo. Unlike STNG, each show of 'Picard' doesn't stand on it's own; it's like they wrote the season as an outline and then filled in the details. And the details might be "how can we get old STNG characters written in", hehe! It's not a particularly great story line so far, and the character development is a bit uni dimensional, but I'd watch another season of it, as it's fun, and it's Star Trek.

DW is watching The Crown, first season on Netflix. I started watching it with her and realized that we'd seen it before (finally figured out it was a nice British couple we met on a trans-Atlantic...they gave us an SD card and we watched it sailing the Atlantic). So I bowed-out and let her watch that. I may rejoin her on the second season.

DW and I watched The Witcher on Netflix. I'm not a huge fantasy fan, primarily because the stories can lean too heavily on "some crazy person (or entity)". Lot's of swords, blood and guts and the occasional naked person. A story that I couldn't really keep track of. The only reason I started watching it was DD1 gave me a book (or somehow I ended up reading a Witcher book on her recommendation), and I thought it would be cool to see the TV adaptation. The problem was that the story of the book I read came AFTER the whole set of TV shows. So the whole time I'm thinking "when am I going to recognize the story" and I never did. At the very end of the TV series, I concluded the book started where the TV show ended :facepalm:

The first books of THE WITCHER were written as short stories. The books jump all around in time. They filmed the first season more or less following the books. If you haven't read the books, it's really hard to keep up. I think the show would have been better to clean up the time line and not try to follow the books exactly.

I didn’t go back but it may have been helpful. Was happy that 3rd season continued strong. Based on the season 3 ending, season 4 looks to start off fast. Will have to wait awhile though : )
Ozark is in the category of Better Call Saul, Fargo (movie and series) and Breaking Bad. The writing and characters make every episode exciting.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone besides me still watching Dispatches from Elsewhere? It's very strange, but I'm really enjoying if.

Yes, I'm watching it and also enjoying it. DH gave up on it after the first episode as too confusing, but I found that it got better by the 3rd ep. I noticed in the credits that it's based on a documentary called The Institute, so I may eventually watch that when I'm done with the fictionalized version.

Not exactly new but I'm recording a lot more of the TCM channel lately.

Really liked "The Naked City" I watched last night.

Also enjoying Dispatches from Elsewhere. DW and I are working our way again through House. Neither of us watched Person of Interest when it first came out and enjoying it now. Finished Locke & Key on Netflix. Interesting, but it needs to be yelled at for the kids doing stupid things. Better the October Faction. Watched Prime Suspect 1973 on Amazon. It was a prequel to the Prime Suspect series of years past which we will now get to.

Yes, we are still watching it. However, after each episode, it was voted down. Bu then somehow (how could Sally Field be in a "bad" show?) watched the next one... with the same finding. And then came episode 6, "Everyone," and it was decided there might be something there after. So we are (somewhat) looking forward to the next episode.

I have to do this for every plot driven show that takes a year or longer break..depending on the show it's either 1 or 2 episodes...

Based on your review and the free month you mentioned, I've now seen the first three episodes of Picard. It got off to a rousing start and then the storyline really slowed down. I can see the story arc is building up for (hopefully) a huge payoff.

The production values are great for a network TV show. I really like the music score and soundtrack in general. Patrick Stewart is so good he can act in his sleep.

ST:TNG was a mixed bag. Too many of the early stories relied on either:

1. Wesley saves the day.

2. The holodeck as the plot driver. The holodeck is not reality. Anything can happen and did.

3. Q as a godlike character.

Also, there was always some politically correct sermon (what I call Star Trek church) in each story. This "feature" was not unique to TNG, it's a Star Trek staple, but TNG were the most heavy-handed with it.

On CBS All Access I finished watching Picard--really liked it --the last episode is great.. Now on CBS All Access on I am watching their other Star Trek show--Discovery--and I like it also. I am a big Star Trek fan.

I'm about 2/3 thru "Tales From The Loop" on Amazon Prime.

The stories are interesting with a sci-fi element. I won't call it a home run yet.

On CBS All Access I finished watching Picard--really liked it --the last episode is great.. Now on CBS All Access on I am watching their other Star Trek show--Discovery--and I like it also. I am a big Star Trek fan.
Finished-up Picard last night. DW and I are both glad to have had the opportunity to watch it. As mentioned (Q's L), great production values, and DW and I both think Picard is a great character, and that Patrick Stewart is a great actor. No spoilers, so I'll be vague, but DW and I had several "yeah, but what ever happened with ..." instances this AM when we were enjoying each others company before starting our respective days. So although we felt the story line was "just ok", it certainly is fantastic for what's available as TV sci-fi nowadays.

Now I'm on to Discovery.

I'm about 2/3 thru "Tales From The Loop" on Amazon Prime.

The stories are interesting with a sci-fi element. I won't call it a home run yet.
I've heard that my brother is in that show (plays "Ed"). I haven't seen it. My family group chat is reporting they think it's like "Twilight Zone".

I've heard that my brother is in that show (plays "Ed"). I haven't seen it. My family group chat is reporting they think it's like "Twilight Zone".

Wait your brother was that senator from Veep?

Back
Top Bottom