What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Season 2 of Unforgotten on PBS. Airs on Wednesday's (6 episodes). Or if you have PBS Passport you can stream the entire series now.

We completely agree about Fisk. Laugh out loud funny! We had to pause and rewind a couple of times because we were laughing so hard. Season 2 can’t be released fast enough for us.

Finished Annika season 2, we liked it as we do most UK based police procedurals, they just do it right.

Currently watching Silo season one that is interesting and somewhat entertaining.

Season 2 of Unforgotten on PBS. Airs on Wednesday's (6 episodes). Or if you have PBS Passport you can stream the entire series now.

The only Unforgotten I can find on PBS is a 4-season series from 2015 about London detectives. All seasons are available on Prine Video. In checking the schedule for our local PBS station on Wednesday's I'm not finding Unforgotten. Is the series on Prime Video the series you're referring to?

The only Unforgotten I can find on PBS is a 4-season series from 2015 about London detectives. All seasons are available on Prine Video. In checking the schedule for our local PBS station on Wednesday's I'm not finding Unforgotten. Is the series on Prime Video the series you're referring to?
No, on my local PBS station and my station is linked to the PBS app on my Roku player. Your station may not have picked up the series.

Just watched Painkiller on Netflix, about Purdue Pharma and the creation/ramping up of the opioid tragedy. Although a bit fictionalized, the underlying facts and story is all to real.
Matthew Broderick as Dr. Richard Sackler is almost unrecognizable and portrays this driven character very well.
Although very unsettling it was a fast and compelling watch (only 6 episodes).

Just watched episode 3 last night and decided I'm officially giving this series a thumbs down. IMHO, they took a very compelling, fascinating, serious issue and decided to portray it in this awkwardly quirky, satirical, campy, over-the-top fashion. Apparently, "Dopesick" (Hulu) is a much better version of essentially the same story, so I'm planning on checking that out in the near future.

Watching this season of Billions. Supposedly the last season too. It's not as good as earlier seasons but it's still worth watching.

I also enjoyed the new limited series Interview with a Vampire. It is beautifully done. I also enjoy The Morning Show. Since you like the vampire/ horrow genre, have you streamed Midnight Mass on Netflix? It was written and directed by Mike Flanagan who has made other well known "scary" movies. It is a slow burner, but keep with it. I love how they use religion and catholiscim in it .

Since there is a lack of new content, I am burning through most of the period pieces from Masterpiece Theater on PBS. A sweet series which is based on a true story is the Durrells in Corfu. Just finished watching all 4 seasons.

An excellent limited series on Apple TV+ for people who enjoy wine and wine tasting, is Drops of God. It is in 3 languages, English, French and Japanese.Very entertaining.

Last edited:
Started "The Knick" Medical Period Drama In New York City in 1900, the Knickerbocker Hospital operates with inventive surgeons, nurses and staff who struggle against the limitations of medical understanding and practice, to minimize morbidity and mortality.

DW Likes it, and it is quite good.

Originally on Cinemax ...... I think.

We really enjoyed The Diplomat (Netflix). The characters and writers are both fantastic. Looking forward to season 2.

We recently started watching an older show, Madam Secretary. Highly recommended. Especially if you were a fan of West Wing. We get it on Netflix also and limit ourselves to two episodes at a time.

I was really looking forward to the reboot of the series Justified. The original series was just so very good, we could not wait to see the rebirth called Justifed-City Primeval. Sadly it is a pale comparison to the original. They changed absolutely everything. (Except the hat) We're 5 episodes in and each one is worse than the one before. Last night we just turned off the tv and went to bed.

We really enjoyed The Diplomat (Netflix). The characters and writers are both fantastic. Looking forward to season 2.

We recently started watching an older show, Madam Secretary. Highly recommended. Especially if you were a fan of West Wing. We get it on Netflix also and limit ourselves to two episodes at a time.

I was really looking forward to the reboot of the series Justified. The original series was just so very good, we could not wait to see the rebirth called Justifed-City Primeval. Sadly it is a pale comparison to the original. They changed absolutely everything. (Except the hat) We're 5 episodes in and each one is worse than the one before. Last night we just turned off the tv and went to bed.

Sorry to hear that bout the Justified remake. I loved the original.

The new Magnum PI season started yesterday. Better than the original series, IMO.

The new Magnum PI season started yesterday. Better than the original series, IMO.

It is actually part 2 of Season 5. Episode 11 was aired on 10-5. S05E01-10 were aired earlier this year I have them recorded on my media player drive as I was waiting to get the rest before we binged them. There are actually 20 episodes in the season.

Unfortunately, as I absolutely agree with you and love the series, it is the last season. It was dropped by CBS last year and taken up for a 20 episode Season 5 (Split into 2 parts) by NBC. :(

You can read all about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnum_P.I._(2018_TV_series)

Last edited:
Not interested in watching anything with ads.

Especially for a Magnum PI reboot.

I'm back...

I am having a blast watching the British anthology show, "Inside No. 9." It's available on BritBox but you can also watch it on Apple TV and Amazon Prime with free trials.

Each episode is 29 minutes long and there are six episodes per season. One could easily watch an entire season in a couple of sittings, if desired. I'm stretching out the seasons because I want to make them last. So far I haven't encountered a single clunker. Most of my ratings are 8's and 9's with a couple 7's in there. (A rating of 9 for any TV show is an extreme rarity for me.)

It's a difficult show to categorize. Generally speaking the episodes are darkly humorous, sometimes with a touch of horror, almost always with an ironic twist or two (or three!) at the end of the episode. Think of "Black Mirror" married to "The Twilight Zone" with a comedic undertone.

Written by same two guys in each episode, and they both appear in most episodes (all?) though sometimes the make up is so good you can't recognize them.

The show garnered an 8.5 rating on IMDB with 18,000 votes. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom