What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Are you on episode 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10?

I kept thinking back to that Austin Powers scene where the bad guy's son wants to just put a cap in Powers, right now, but the evil father wants to have an elaborate death contraption.

But Austin Powers was a comedy...

I kept thinking back to that Austin Powers scene where the bad guy's son wants to just put a cap in Powers, right now, but the evil father wants to have an elaborate death contraption.

Yes! Yes!

I was thinking the same thing too, during ep. 10.

I had to force myself to finish Reacher, which says a lot about my disappointment in this season. Superheroes usually wear capes but not in this production. And the bad guys make Imperial Storm Troopers look like expert marksmanship medal winners.

We gave up on season 2 after loving season 1.
He is more robotic in season 2 and looks like he aged 10 years.

The new series of True Detective (this time with Jodie Foster) on HBO looks good. I'm only in one episode so far but found it compelling. They drop weekly on Sundays - 2 are available now.

I’m hopeful for this. Didn’t love episode 2. Moving a bit too slow for my taste. I know they like characters who are flawed. But does she have to be this flawed? Anyway, plan to keep watching and hope the main storyline stays interesting and moves forward with some skip to it.

Season 5 Fargo on Hulu was excellent. All episodes are now dropped and the ending was spectacular. Definitely enjoyed this season.

Looks like they may be unlocking them the day after they air, per my previous post, which would explain why Funny Woman episode 3 isn't available for free yet. I found this info on PBS website that appears to confirm my thought on that:

https://help.pbs.org/support/soluti...-not-yet-available-online-what-are-my-options

I guess I can confirm that early next week by seeing if episode 3 is suddenly available for free.
Confirmed. Now episode 3 of current season of both Funny Woman and All Creatures Great and Small can be streamed from pbs.org for free, but now episode 1 of each is locked for Passport only. Same thing with Miss Scarlet & the Duke. So, it looks like they will just offer the two most recent episodes for free.

@Chuckanut
@Trooper
@Yoheadden

Last edited:
Just binged all three seasons of Happy Valley. Thought it was very good. Found it interesting that the police didn't carry guns, but the criminals did.
I watched on DVD but I think it streams on Acorn

Dumb Money

Not a series ... but watched "Dumb Money" on Netflix last night based on the true story of the GameStop run up in stock. The movie itself could have been done much better, but still a very interesting and incredible story.

We finished Monarch Legacy of Monsters this evening, unlike others here we did enjoy it ..... finally. The last few episodes where a lot better than the first. But they could have done more with the Monsters and less with the personal stuff.

Started Midsomer Murders, we always like the somewhat whimsical who done it at the UK tragic county's location with a never-ending series of murders.

Not a series ... but watched "Dumb Money" on Netflix last night based on the true story of the GameStop run up in stock. The movie itself could have been done much better, but still a very interesting and incredible story.

Also enjoyed the movie - I dropped in on the Reddit stock board kinda accidentally while the apes were going through their ups and downs and shouting "to the moon!" and "diamond hands" and HODL. They were very fixed on breaking hedge funds - seemed crazy and like crypto or maybe tulip bulbs to me, so I did nothing. Fun movie though.

Just watched Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 (Peacock).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9603212/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

We are big fans of the MI franchise films and this one did not disappoint. Tom Cruise and company deliver the goods. The team is out to save the world again from a very bad guy. Very. Cruise is 62 and it doesn't look like he has slowed down a bit. Twelve visual effects studios were used. $291,000,000 to make and so far it's grossed $567,000,000.

Part II is tentatively scheduled for May 2025. :popcorn:

We finished Monarch Legacy of Monsters this evening, unlike others here we did enjoy it ..... finally. The last few episodes where a lot better than the first. But they could have done more with the Monsters and less with the personal stuff.

Started Midsomer Murders, we always like the somewhat whimsical who done it at the UK tragic county's location with a never-ending series of murders.

DW couldn't believe I wanted to watch a Godzilla series. Ha! It was actually decent - especially the last few episodes. Not for big time Godzilla fans since he only comes out a couple of times in the whole series. The best part was I wasn't offended or cringe the entire series, which is unusual these days. Usually, there are at least a few scenes in todays TV/Movies that I say to myself "did they really need to include that?"

Running out of things so started "The Artful Dodger".

It isn't horrible.

I started a show on Brit Box called The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: Beyond the Pale. It is one of those well done period detective/murder shows that the British do so very well. I am enjoying it.

We’re three episodes into “Blue Lights” on Britbox. Intense at times police drama set in Northern Ireland, focusing on the uniformed police instead of the detectives like so many other UK police procedurals. So far, it’s only getting better with each episode and there have been some great plot twists.

Vienna Blood on PBS Passport - we realized we hadn’t watched Season 3. Excellent again! The attention to detail is fabulous and the actors really good. It’s been approved for a season 4, so glad.

Detective series set in Vienna 1906-1908 thereabouts. An English, BBC and Austrian TV collaboration. Based on a book series by Frank Tallis
Frank Tallis (born 1 September 1958) is an English author and clinical psychologist, whose area of expertise is obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). He has written crime novels, including the collection of novels known as the Liebermann Papers, for which he has received several awards, is an essayist, and – under the name of F.R. Tallis — has written horror fiction. The Liebermann novels have been adapted by Stephen Thompson into the BBC TV series Vienna Blood, which first aired in 2019.[1][2]
from Wikipedia

Last edited:
Not new, but new to me: Mare of Easttown (2021 limited series).

I don't have HBO/Max, so I purchased and downloaded the series via Amazon. I've heard about Kate Winslet's performance for years, and the series certainly lives up to the hype.

I have one episode to go tonight; I can't wait to find out who dunnit!

Vienna Blood on PBS Passport - we realized we hadn’t watched Season 3. Excellent again! The attention to detail is fabulous and the actors really good. It’s been approved for a season 4, so glad.

Detective series set in Vienna 1906-1908 thereabouts. An English, BBC and Austrian TV collaboration. Based on a book series by Frank Tallis from Wikipedia

The actor who plays the young psychologist sidekick to the Vienna policeman is also in Funny Woman. He plays a writer in that series. He’s pretty good in both parts.

Or does the policeman pay the sidekick to the psychologist. Sometimes it’s hard to tell. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom