What We're Making

Amazing.

Do people actually eat those? I wouldn't want to take a bite.

Beautiful! You didn't eat those did you?

I saw a photo of petroglyphs printed on metal and mounted on copper at an art gallery. I figured I'd make one of my own. Photo taken at Monument Valley, Az.

Attachments

• petroglyph frame.jpg
    petroglyph frame.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 70
I saw a photo of petroglyphs printed on metal and mounted on copper at an art gallery. I figured I'd make one of my own. Photo taken at Monument Valley, Az.

It looks like you really knew what you are doing! Is that just done with an inkjet printer?

Ronstar, Is that a photo that you mounted on copper or did you send away to have the photo printed on copper?

I sent a file to the lab and they printed it on aluminum 8” x12”. I cut a piece of 11” x 15” antique copper and glued it to a piece of plywood for the backing. Then I made the frame. And mounted the metal photo on a small spacer piece of plywood then on to the copper matting. The photo is suspended about 1/4” above the matting due to the plywood spacer.

And BTW, Jerry says in the video that the rear window was made in 2 pieces to save money, but that is actually not true. VW did not have the ability to mass produce curved glass at that time, and as such, every window in the car is perfectly flat. With the curve of the body/roof in the back, it was not possible to make a window that side out of one piece of flat glass.

I sewed a couple of lap quilts. It was fun to figure out in my head. One I’ll give to a neighbor for her Mom who is 94. The other I’ll most likely give to the Nevada State Veterans Home.

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 63
Finishing quilting on a comfort quilt for a cousin going through some health issues. IMG_6103.JPG

Nice quilts. I like that “wavy crosshatch” quilting pattern, it’s one of my go-tos when I can’t settle on a pattern.

I’ll share my two recent quilts. The teal and purple quilt was made as part of a training method for free-motion quilting. I’ll use it as a cheery throw to keep near the sofa in the Spring. The little green and purple quilt was a baby gift for my nephew and his wife. IMG_2132.jpgIMG_2131.jpgIMG_2138.JPG

Nice quilts. I like that “wavy crosshatch” quilting pattern, it’s one of my go-tos when I can’t settle on a pattern.

I’ll share my two recent quilts. The teal and purple quilt was made as part of a training method for free-motion quilting. I’ll use it as a cheery throw to keep near the sofa in the Spring. The little green and purple quilt was a baby gift for my nephew and his wife. View attachment 28472View attachment 28473View attachment 28474

Beautiful quilting!

Beautiful work from all of you people. So much talent and thanks for sharing.

Sign for a local music store in place and a Springerle cookie made from a mold that I designed and cut on the CNC router. Mold was cut in Corian and cookie shows a lot of detail. I think the plan is to make and sell the cookies as a fund raiser, I’m just the mold maker!

Last edited:
I started making kitchen cutting boards several months ago; I also enjoy making longbows in the winter, lots of fun.

Attachments

• 387DBDC1-9459-4019-8944-8BDB12E405D4.jpg
    387DBDC1-9459-4019-8944-8BDB12E405D4.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 66
  • B6BD7111-2A7F-4A34-956D-BCDD8FDAFDDF.jpg
    B6BD7111-2A7F-4A34-956D-BCDD8FDAFDDF.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 36EF7764-B4BB-40E4-BD9D-AF25AE373F4E.jpg
    36EF7764-B4BB-40E4-BD9D-AF25AE373F4E.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 68
I started making kitchen cutting boards several months ago; I also enjoy making longbows in the winter, lots of fun.

Nice....do you make the arrows for the bows also?

Back
Top Bottom