Where We Live

img_932641_0_74e958dfbe9dd2bd24e2b39cac627c98.jpg

And a painting of it (by a friend):

img_932641_1_487d52baf37db63735d53a4d96242811.jpg

Well, just so that folks don't get the mistaken idea that everyone on this board is rich, and to continue the exhibitionism, here is our aerie on the alley...

View attachment 8986

Apologies for the rather harsh light, but it is Texas after all.

Looks fine to me. I don't have a pic right now, but might shortly. Just received my new camera in the mail, so might get give it a try later today. My house is one I inherited from my aunt and it was built back in the 60's in a not so good neighborhood. But it serves it's purpose for now. Below is a link to a house plan I built in the late 90's. Lived there for 5 years and sold it for a nice profit.:)

The Fairethorne House Plan Details by Donald A. Gardner Architects

Ok.....here's the pic of my house with my new Nikon D3000. In auto mode. Got to learn all the ins and outs of this thing. Small old house, but not bad considering it was free.:)

img_932750_0_753df1ec110519ebc09e7c3e901b4df7.jpg

Nice house, Dawg! It looks perfect to me, for a single guy or a couple anyway. Nice photo, too. :)

Al,
Love that painting! Looks like watercolor.

Me too. Know what? T-Als place looks big enough to host the ER forum party. I'll bring chips and dip.

Al, do you have a ladder hanging off your chimney?

Yes. It's a single-purpose ladder I made that allows me to get up to clean the chimney. The feet are uneven, and the top hooks onto the top edge of the chimney enclosure. I keep it on hooks up there for convenience.

That is indeed a watercolor. Lena knitted a sweater for a friend and in exchange, the friend did the painting.

The house isn't that big, but you're all welcome for a party.

After seeing all your houses I´m a bit embarrased at showing mine. But this isn´t a contest, is it? I like the new trend of posts are going a lot:) It´s a pic of what you call the backyard. The front part is uglier, and I have my pride, so you´ll have to go without seeing it:D
attachment.php

Attachments

• Casa (6).jpg
    Casa (6).jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 337
After seeing all your houses I´m a bit embarrased at showing mine. But this isn´t a contest, is it? I like the new trend of posts are going a lot:) It´s a pic of what you call the backyard. The front part is uglier, and I have my pride, so you´ll have to go without seeing it:D
attachment.php

Embarrassed? No way. Very sharp looking. Lot's of nice homes posted. Some big one's too.

attachment.php

I thought I saw some rock wall and header above the doorway behind you and your son! Huge fan of natural stone use in homes - recently looked at this house near Loma Linda California - unfortunately, very poorly done homeowner work and it gave evidence of wanting to come down it's hill! Also like that you use the wood in it's natural state, unpainted.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 6
Here's mine from Google streetview, and a view from the back deck from my facebook page. The house is a little on the dumpy side, but it keeps the hot and cold out, and we don't get rained on, and we love the views and neighborhood. Very conveniently located and cheap to boot. Oh yeah, we own the house on the left in the first photo.

Attachments

• my house.jpg
    my house.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 10
  • lakeview4.jpg
    lakeview4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
Here's mine from Google streetview, and a view from the back deck from my facebook page. The house is a little on the dumpy side, but it keeps the hot and cold out, and we don't get rained on, and we love the views and neighborhood. Very conveniently located and cheap to boot.

Is that a lake you're on?

I have one of those little ponds with a plastic liner and fountain in my back yard. It's about 5 feet by 2 feet. Here's a picture of it. We call it Lake Purron.

Attachments

• Lake Purron.JPG
    Lake Purron.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 4
Very nice! And it's a genuine lake, unlike "Lake W2R" that occurs in my back yard after heavy rains. :D

We live in the city, so it is a small lake, but we really like the scenery, autumn tree colors, the wildlife, and the sunsets.

DW's "dream house":

img_933085_0_1f61de185a4f6fbccd1466d11218a3f2.jpg

Back view. I need to water that grass!
img_933085_1_3742f012818d61f8d0a06f98da82f63e.jpg

My dream house. :cool:
img_933085_2_522654f1753040e5bd8720305e7e21fe.jpg

Anyone ever use an out house? This one looks exactly like the one my great grandmother had.....

I have to tell ya, I got splinters in my tookus....:p

Back
Top Bottom