Incident with our dog..

steve88

Recycles dryer sheets
I was doing some work on my car this afternoon. I had the carb out and was cleaning it with a little bit of gasoline. Stupid me, I had the gasoline in a bowl, and I set it down on the ground and forgot all about it.

About an hour later, I see my dog lapping out of the bowl... I quickly yell at him, and he takes off running around the yard because I obviosly scared him. I took off after him. I wanted to get to him to make sure he would be okay.

He ran around with me chasing him for about 1 minute and then just stopped and fell over.

What a crappy day.

Gawd, Steve, it killed him? I am so sorry. Was he a small dog? I've never heard of them drinking gasoline, only antifreeze.

I was just about to post that. The carb thing was a giveaway. Who the heck has a car with a carb in it anymore?!? ;)

Next up, the joke about getting a cat scan.

Good one -- you really got me, Steve!

I'm gullible, I guess, but that is equivalent to me making a joke about poisoning somebody's kid.

Who jokes about their dog collapsing after drinking gasoline? Weird, dude. Creepy.

A little girl asked her mom, “Mom may I take the dog for a walk around the block?”

Mom replies, “No, because she’s in heat.”

“What’s that mean?” asked the child.

“Go ask your father. I think he’s in the garage.”

The little girl goes to the garage and says, “Dad may I take Belle for a walk around the block? I asked Mom, but she said the dog was in heat, and to come to you.”

Dad said, “Bring Belle over here.”

He took a rag, soaked it with gasoline, and scrubbed the dog’s backside with it to disguise the scent, and said “OK, you can go now, but keep Belle on a leash and only go around the block once.”

The little girl left and returned a few minutes later with no dog on the leash. Surprised, Dad asked, “Where’s Belle?”

The little girl said, “She ran out of gas about halfway down the block, so another dog is pushing her home.”

A man was driving down the road and ran out of gas.
Just at that moment, a bee flew in his window.
The bee said, "What seems to be the problem"?
"I'm out of gas." said the guy.
The bee told the man to wait right there and flew away. Minutes later,
the man watched as an entire swarm of bees flew to his car and into his
gas tank. After a few minutes, the bees flew out.
"Try it now," said one bee.
The man turned the ignition key and the car started right up.
"Wow!" the man exclaimed. "What did you put in my gas tank"?
"BP."

If a dog were to drink a bunch of gasoline they would just keel over.
I didn't get that this was a joke, either. It lacks some aspect of the joke mechanism. Perhaps it was left soaking with the carburetor parts?

Sarah, that is a little creepy (but I laughed, perhaps in relief, when Steve posted the punch line)--I'm sure some comic is telling the joke on stage using a kid instead of a dog.

Very funny stories, CFB--we needed a "very special funny joke day" today!

I'm gullible, I guess, but that is equivalent to me making a joke about poisoning somebody's kid.

Who jokes about their dog collapsing after drinking gasoline? Weird, dude. Creepy.

Agree. I don't like this "joke" at all. It takes advantage of people's natural empathy and willingness to offer support, then makes them feel foolish.

Great play, Steve! Onto ignore you go. :p

Would have played well if put in the joke thread. My first thought was "oh, this isnt the old 'ran out of gas' joke, is it? Then I held up on posting it in case it wasnt a joke.

Agree. I don't like this "joke" at all. It takes advantage of people's natural empathy and willingness to offer support, then makes them feel fooish.

It might have gone over a little better if the whole joke was completed in the first post.

As a joke, it is an OK one. But the way it was posted, well I didn't like it either.

Pfft. It was a JOKE. Steve88 pulled your leg. Don't be stodgy about it.

I haven't laughed so hard in days. Thanks Steve. My FIL will love this joke.

As long as we are weighing in on this, I thought the joke was hideous. Bear in mind that I just don't "get" jokes about death in general.

The death of a pet is tragic and to me it is not funny. Pets depend on us to take care of them and protect them, which makes a pet's death even more heartbreaking for pet owners. Often a faithful, loving pet is the only friend and companion of its owner. Those of us who have lost a beloved pet, know how devastating it can be.

So maybe I've got no sensa humah. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom