Need a new vacuum

had an Electrolux rolling cannister x 10 good years which was longer usable 3 y ago when the hose cracked beyond repair (yes, had already multiply repaired w/ duct tape, and then various more flexible medical/ surgical grade tapes). Motor still works great and it's the 4 yo's vacuum when he is helping vacuum wood dust piles in the garage. Unfortunately could not locate replacement hose.

Did you check eBay? Electrolux Canister Vacuum Hose | eBay

omni

We got a dyson about 2 years ago as we have a golden retriever. It has been great so far.

Our Bissell Total Floors Velocity cost $135 and has lasted 5 years (as of 6/22/2013). Works fine for us, though we've always bought cheap vacuums. The Dyson would have to last well over 15 years to make it worthwhile, though I don't know what a typical cheap vacuum costs now.

The current AARP Bulletin has a story about an $8000.00 vacuum. Members can read the story on the AARP website. Here's an article that explains.

Scammed | Broad Street Media

Might be worthwhile to read through the article, just for general info about scams.

Last edited:
I have an Oreck which I would recommend. Mine has a 21 year warranty and I can take it in once a year to get a tune-up free of charge. The main benefit is that it is very light weight--I can carry it upstairs with one hand-- but powerful. I also bought a refurbished one for my son's apt. and it cost about $100.

I have an Oreck which I would recommend. Mine has a 21 year warranty and I can take it in once a year to get a tune-up free of charge. The main benefit is that it is very light weight--I can carry it upstairs with one hand-- but powerful. I also bought a refurbished one for my son's apt. and it cost about $100.

My Oreck is older (6-7 years?) and still works great. We take it to the nearest Oreck dealer every 3-4 years for a tune up and belt replacement.

Kenmore rates very high....it has a feature that tells you when an area is done...ie where the dog has been hanging out....very good machine

Bob

Back
Top Bottom