New Years Eve Roll Call

We are heading out soon (by mass transit). We will eat dinner out then walk around downtown Portland and view the white lights and people watch, then be home before 10pm.

It is also our 26th anniversary today.

Big congrats on the 26th!!!!

Just returned from dinner at an oceanfront restaurant about 1/4 mile walk down the beach - had blackened fish, scallops, and shrimp with steamed veggies (and a couple of draft beers). Will definitely be in bed before the new year arrives since Coal makes sure I am up for our morning walk around 6 a.m. I quit driving on New Year's eve many years ago.

I had unit coverage today in my office...very quiet but we had to evacuate the building due to a fire alarm just below closing (very cold!) I have been looking forward to getting in my flannel pajamas all day and taking up residence on the sofa with a blanket (mission accomplished).

I made a small Boboli pizza with fresh mushrooms for dinner...might have a gin and tonic later if I don't fall asleep first. I'm meeting a retired co-worker and her husband for an early dinner tomorrow.

Alas no partying for me....maybe in my dreams....

Y'all be safe.....see ya next year. :greetings10:

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 136
Updated our Gainskeeper totals and calculated our increase from Year End 2012 to Year End 2013. We're safe for next year....and a few years after that.

Donated to Wikipedia. I love Wikipedia.

Hunkered down watching the CSI Miami Binge-A-Thon. Law & Order starts at midnight which is good news for me and bad news for DH!

Staying at home. Just finished some stuffed mushrooms DW put together.

Staying in tonight. Watching football. Dinner was red beans and rice, turkey, sauteed cabbage and washed down with Miller Lite.

I already updated all of my spreadsheets for 2013 but still have to build for 2014. Right now the fireworks are all around me so at midnight we'll probably go outside and watch and listen for a while.

Happy New Year to you all.

After four days of babysitting a 6 month old, a three year old, and a hyperactive dog while DS and DDinLaw were in Jamaica, we are laying low. We are exhausted (I am reminded why we have our kids at a young age!). Our good friends, who coincidently, we're hosting their sons young family, caught nasty colds. We were supposed to lay low together. We decided to replay the New Years Eve celebration at a later date, when we all can enjoy it. After all, it is just a day, when you are FIRE'd, any day will suffice!

Staying in. SO coming over after she gets off work. She won't be here until close to midnight. The fridge is full of beer, wine, cheeses and other goodies!

Tomorrow morning we'll load up the crockpot with all the ingredients for a tasty seafood gumbo which we'll eat in the early evening, after it has cooked for 6-8 hours.

In and for the first time I can remember (maybe ever) all by myself. Visiting my Mom in PA who just moved into a nursing home, hopefully for rehab but based on my visit today, it may be permanent.

Staying at my sister's house, but she is away at an overnight party. Watching football on TV with a glass of bubbly, enjoying Duke showing Texas A&M how to play the game, at least in the first half. Who knows what happens in the 2nd half. Would rather be in a sports bar in TX!

Happy 2014!

Son, daughter-in-law and 3 year old granddaughter are here. DW made a nice shrimp dinner, had a few glasses of wine and will now attempt to stay awake until midnight. My idea of a great New Years Eve.

Staying in

Just closed out our 2013 spreadsheets, and built the shells for 2014. We've not gone out in many years, we typically give up, are are fast asleep by 1030. I know, we're wild ones...

Happy New Year Friends!

Heading over to friends house with the kids. Expect to be home by 10:30 and will wait for the ball to drop. What a great year 2013 has been and here's to a healthy and prosperous 2014.

Cheers,

I'm home, drinking, and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci Fi channel. Happy New Year everybody! Have fun, but stay safe...don't get wished off into the cornfield, or take that stop at Willoughby, don't let Robert Redford in no matter how much he begs, and for heaven's sake you'd better be nice to Talky Tina! :p

We went to the cinema, then had a simple dinner out.

All I'm hearing is gunfire. I guess people don't even bother with fireworks any more. (barely rural Georgia) :mad:

We went to our local Seafood Place which is about five minutes from our house. We ate & had a few wines.Tomorrow we will have steaks on the grill and I will put the black beans & ham bone in the crock pot to make black bean soup.

We are heading out soon (by mass transit). We will eat dinner out then walk around downtown Portland and view the white lights and people watch, then be home before 10pm.

It is also our 26th anniversary today.

Congratulations!

Another home body on NYE. Yrs ago DW & I gave up rolling the dice with all the drunk (or just "buzzed") drivers. Just a quiet late dinner & small glass or 2 of bubbly around MN.
In AM its off to local home improvement store collecting supplies for next project.

Back
Top Bottom