Ricardo Montalban "Khan" Is Dead....:( at 88

I am expecting our Khan to put up a memorial page...

Rich Corinth Leather, I certainly would kill for his great voice.

Whew!! You had me worried there, for a while...

Yes, Ricardo Montalban has passed away at age 88.

Yes, a prisoner no more to these mortal coils - gone to keep company with that other Prisoner, #6, Patrick McGoohan, who also died yesterday. Secret agent man and "Boss!", gone missing.

Trek, Finance Dude started another thread today about RM's death and I combined the two threads - and the titles. The first three posts in this combined thread are from yours, post #4 is FD's OP.

You remember Fantasy Island. I remember the Flying Nun. Oh Ricardo was so sexy.

I recall an interview where he was talking about "The Wrath Of Khan". He said his first attempts sounded like "Mr. Roarke", so he asked for the tapes of the TV episode to aid him in getting back into character.

The Prisoner was one of my all time favorite TV shows. For years it was constantly being repeated in the Bay Area, I haven't seen on TV for more than a decade. It would be interesting to see it again in light of the war on terror.

"Secret Agent Man" was my first crush.

With every move he makes another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow

That's hysterical. I always thought he was saying "Secret Asian Man" My image was Charlie Chan. ^-^

"Secret Agent Man" was my first crush.

YouTube - johnny rivers - secret agent man

With every move he makes another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow

Oh, Khan, you have cheered me up enormously by posting this Youtube video. Seeing those women in the back doing something like the Macarena. Although it's sad to know these people are gone, it's good to know they both had a good run.
Plus it was wonderful to hear and see Johnny Rivers.
Aaaah. Live long and prosper, and then, whatever comes next.

Hey Khan - you need to go back to the "When do you start feeling old" thread and enter, when you saw the report that you were dead.

He had a very busy career, doing a lot of cameo roles for TV shows in need of a handsome man with just that kind of sultry voice. Woooooo!
Ricardo Montalban
I never warmed up to Fantasy Island, but his reprise role as Khan in Wrath of Khan was just tremendous.

I used to eat at a restaurant where he would go a lot, or at least it seemed that way because every time I went there he was there. I spoke to him once or twice. He was a very friendly, gracious man in real life. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom