What did you give thanks for today?

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
it must be the turkey lurkey making me feel sentimental...but don't let anyone else see my marshmallow side :cool:

I gave thanks for less mayhem and more stability in my life.
I gave thanks for a wonderful man who can make me laugh by playing "name that organ" with the turkey giblets today.

and you?

Lots of great food.....including the fact that I snagged onto the turkey heart & gizzard as I moved the bird from stove to table. :D

Other than spending the day with my Mom, and a tiny little bit 'online', I had absolutely NO interaction with anybody else on this planet....A very PEACEFUL & RELAXING day!!!

I've got a great life!!!

Those are the things I'm thankful for today! :D

Being retired
Being cheap enough to be financially independent
E-R.org and the rest of the internet
The cat
All the happy creatures dancing on my lawn

Lots of great food.....including the fact that I snagged onto the turkey heart & gizzard as I moved the bird from stove to table. :D

Other than spending the day with my Mom, and a tiny little bit 'online', I had absolutely NO interaction with anybody else on this planet....A very PEACEFUL & RELAXING day!!!

I've got a great life!!!

Those are the things I'm thankful for today! :D

Someone else who likes innards.:cool:

Last edited:
Spent the day alone with my 3 dogs plus a few more I am babysitting, eating sushi, turkey breast, and fried rice with onions and mushrooms.

I am happy to have grown up at a time and place that allowed me to have this kind of lifestyle after retiring at 48.

My thankful list would go on and on....

Mostly I appreciate wonderful memories. I have lived a very fortunate life filled with love and understanding.

I've got such a long list I would bore you all to death.

Life is good in the US of A, despite the market performance.

Money isn't everything.

Food (and drink) is still cheap.

Tomorrow I will go on a diet.

Someone else who likes innards.:cool:
Absolutely! I love deep or pan fried hearts & gizzards....best parts of the bird IMO. Sometimes I think the only reason birds have flesh and bones is to keep their guts from dragging in the dirt.....and to make it easier to get their innards to market, so I buy 'em, fry 'em, and eat 'em! :D

Gave thanks for two things:

1. DW
2. Being Smart

#2 came about as a result of calls from family.

Nephew called to ask how to cook a turkey. He was dismayed to find that his 20 pound turkey (for two people) would take four hours to cook, and he said he remembered that DW made Swedish Turkey that was pink inside and cooked in less time. Not true (they generally don't even eat turkeys in Sweden).

Then talked with sister who didn't have a meat thermometer and wasn't sure when the turkey would be done ("cause I usually just wait for the thing to pop out"). She was also wondering why she couldn't get her just-delivered firewood to burn.

Finally, other sister called to say that she'd just spend $280 on a new hard drive for her ancient computer (the kind you see for $5 at rummage sales), when she could get a new computer with a 320 GB computer for $299 at the DellOutlet.com.

So I'm thankful that I was lucky enough to inherit a different set genes than they did.

for a few years on turkeyday we played a little before the meal game of telling what we were thankful for in our own lives. but then we added a twist of also telling what the person who just gave thanks should be thankful for. that ended that.

i'm thankful for all the wonderful people who have graced my life.

Well, y'all are making me feel pretty humble.

We just gave thanks for having friendly neighbors who enjoy cooking a whole lot more than we do.

With the leftovers they "made" us haul home, we won't be cooking until next week either...

Absolutely! I love deep or pan fried hearts & gizzards....best parts of the bird IMO. Sometimes I think the only reason birds have flesh and bones is to keep their guts from dragging in the dirt.....and to make it easier to get their innards to market, so I buy 'em, fry 'em, and eat 'em! :D

Mother always gave me the heart and gizzard. I recall being mildly upset one Thanksgiving at the grandparents' when I was told Grandma had used them to make giblet gravy.

We just gave thanks for having friendly neighbors who enjoy cooking a whole lot more than we do.

With the leftovers they "made" us haul home, we won't be cooking until next week either...
I was out in the garden pulling up some parsnips this morning, and my neighbor hollered for me to grab a big bowl, and come over. I did as instructed, and came back home with a big bowl of homemade ham 'n' bean soup!

The other day I was out cleaning up some stuff in the garden, and he came over to the fence with a bunch of homemade venison/pork Italian sausage patties.

He loves to cook, and is always giving us yummy stuff that he's made.

Mother always gave me the heart and gizzard. I recall being mildly upset one Thanksgiving at the grandparents' when I was told Grandma had used them to make giblet gravy.
I can relate to that! I remember going to my Grandad's for holiday dinners, only to learn that he'd used the innards in either the gravy or the stuffing. Boy was I ticked! How could he 'waste' such yummy parts on 'stupid' stuff like that?! Of course, to balance that out, I remember a few times when he had bought extra innards so we could have it both ways.....then I was a happy camper! ;)

I always have to go hand to hand with the MIL to get a wing..Her Kung fu is strong.

After an excruciatingly dull evening with old friends, I'm grateful that SO could get me rolling out of my bus seat over a lame joke:

Name an Irish state.

Kelly-fornia.

After an excruciatingly dull evening with old friends, I'm grateful that SO could get me rolling out of my bus seat over a lame joke:

Name an Irish state.

Kelly-fornia.

Got another lame one for you.

Where do penguins keep their money...

IN A SNOW BANK

HEE HAW!

Im thankful for my sense of humor :D

LOL! We were thankful for our children's good health as that hasn't always been the case. Heart surgery in spring of this year has put that chapter behind us for good. Other than that, the usual appreciation of friends and family and our wealth.

Back
Top Bottom