Walmart Bingo, Play As You Shop

poboy

Recycles dryer sheets
bingo.jpg

G*d, I miss the burbs. I used to love K-Mart blue light specials. Bought some clothes there once (in the'70s) and co-w*rkers wanted to know where I got them.

I believe this card is cruel.

These people are doing their best, we should honor that.

I don't say this to rag on the poster, but because I think it can help us to realize how rough life can get. Most of us suffer sometimes, and some suffer most of the time.

And BTW, most of these things can be found on city streets, not only at WalMart.
THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
[/SIZE]
Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10
Ha

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree and almost reported it, but decided to play along because I didn't think OP meant it that way. Can't remember the last time I saw anyone giving away kittens, mine cost a hundred bucks from the SPCA street display but was guaranteed healthy.

Yes, there's a lot of wisdom in Matthew as in most religious texts.

Looks like "un-pc" is winning.

PC insensitive? For sure. True? Many are. Personal choices as opposed to being down on their luck? nearly half of them. Of course, whose to say which choices in life represent good taste since that is so much a function of your background and how you're raised? And I think basic hygiene transcends class and financial position. Shoot, I bathe at least once a week whether I need it or not.

And BTW, most of these things can be found on city streets, not only at WalMart.

Yes, and they left out "adults in jammies and slippers on public streets" which I've come to accept as normal as it is customary in some places.

the medical and disabled stuff can go away, i agree it is cruel.

but it is indeed a commentary on people's lack of attention to their outward appearance and the now "normal" social situations in our society.
the days of Ozzie and Harriet are long gone...anything goes :rolleyes:

I don't say this to rag on the poster, but because I think it can help us to realize how rough life can get. Most of us suffer sometimes, and some suffer most of the time.

And in the same spirit, I would add

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Plato

I would add a square for "closet millionaire next door trying to save a few bucks on their weekly shopping trip". I bet walmart is full of millionaires and we just don't know it.

I was shocked when the president of my company told me he shops almost exclusively at walmart, since he's probably very wealthy (8 digits most likely), even measured against those on this board. Just another millionaire next door if you bumped into him on the street (or in walmart).

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
[/size]
Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10
Ha

As John Bogle recently stated, capitalism is a lot like Christianity; neither has ever been tried...

Having said that, I qualified to fill so many squares that I bingoed...

NEW BOX suggestion:

Closet Indexer

Um... ok. I would avoid playing bingo at walmart - this card seems rigged and unwinnable. One of the blocks is highly unlikely to find a match for. :angel:

Attachments

• blankbingodraft.jpg
    blankbingodraft.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 67
I can't remember the last time I bingoed, but I'm sure it wasn't at Wally World. :duh:

Back
Top Bottom