I'm getting married!

Congrats!
Have a very happy life together and tell each other every day what you appreciate in them.
We have 39 happy years under our belts now and hope to enjoy many more.

Congratulations Sojourner!! :)

I was 33 when I married, so I was a bit of a late starter myself. But my DW and I had met when I was 28, so we had five years getting to know each other. We went on to have almost 41 years of wedded bliss, and our three dear kids, together. My beautiful sweetheart DW passed away 18 months ago.

Congratulations! Wishing you many years of happiness. We just celebrated 38 years of marriage.

Two of my sisters got married "late" - one at 38, one at 50. But their patience paid off, the men they married are great guys.

Thank you all for the very kind words of congratulations. It means a lot to me that so many of you responded and wished me and my lovely fiancé well. This is truly the best group of folks on the interwebs. Cheers! :)

Congratulations!

Your posts sharing this wonderful news have me smiling this evening.

We met years ago through mutual friends and had kept in touch off and on through the years. We considered ourselves friends, but not close friends, for most of that time. Reconnected in a deeper way a few years back, and then things just kind of blossomed, very naturally, in 2019. This is one of the aspects of our relationship I'm so thankful for... how naturally it developed. So, so, so much better than all these awkward, online dating/introduction services I've tried. I know they work for some people, but IMHO, the old-fashioned way is by far the best.
I agree, and I'm glad it worked out so well for you. Congrats!

Congratulations!

My story is very similar - my SO and I have been together for almost 6 years now, living together for 4.5. He recently proposed to me and we're 'eloping' next summer, with a small reception to celebrate with close family only when we return.

I also waited until I found just the right fella for me and couldn't be happier.

Best wishes for you and your future Mrs. Sojourner!

Good that you waited for the perfect one for you, congrats!

Congratulations! Wishing you much happiness now and in the future.

Congratulations to you both! What a sweet, sweet proposal too.
We are celebrating our 34th this coming Sunday and I can say without a doubt that happiness shared is the best kind of wonderful.

Congratulations and best wishes! [emoji512][emoji322]?

Hearty congratulations.

We're coming up on 51.

Always loved this scene from My Fair Lady - enjoy!

Just thought I'd take a minute to share my big news with the good folks here at E-R.org. After many years of bachelorhood, I'm finally tying the knot with the most special, wonderful lady I've ever had the good fortune to connect with, and I couldn't be happier. We've been dating for several years and have been living together full time for almost a year now, and I popped the question a couple months ago. It was one of the most beautiful, joyous moments of my life. :flowers:

For many years, I wondered and worried if I'd ever find that special someone. And I have to admit that, once I crossed the 40-year mark and the years continued to pass, I was starting to lose hope. But I suppose in my case, that old saying really was true... all good things to those who wait. :)
I'm 62 still looking

:smitten: Congratulations and all the best! :smitten:

Last edited:
Congratulations Sojourner!! :)

I was 33 when I married, so I was a bit of a late starter myself. But my DW and I had met when I was 28, so we had five years getting to know each other. We went on to have almost 41 years of wedded bliss, and our three dear kids, together. My beautiful sweetheart DW passed away 18 months ago.

Here's to your wife's memory! :) Been 36 years for us so far. I'm 62 she's 65 so hoping for many more.

Back
Top Bottom