NFL: 2014 Season

Pete Carroll's rationale for passing:

Carroll said the clock and the Seahawks' timeout situation dictated they would have to throw once and possibly twice from the 1. He gave credit to Butler for making the interception and fellow cornerback Brandon Browner for jamming up wide receiver Jermaine Kearse on the play, creating open space for Butler to break on the ball.

Super Bowl hindsight: Seattle coach Pete Carroll standing by decision to pass | The Salt Lake Tribune

Or he could have just tried Beast Mode and ran once on Pat's goal line defense or not :) and if that didn't work, pass once.

His over thinking of playing to win ended up playing not to lose.

Super Bowl hindsight: Seattle coach Pete Carroll standing by decision to pass | The Salt Lake Tribune

Or he could have just tried Beast Mode and ran once on Pat's goal line defense or not :) and if that didn't work, pass once.

All Monday morning quarterbacking, but I suspect that if Mr Belichick were in the same situation, he'd have already thought, re-thought, pre-planned and re-planned a strategy so that he didn't have to figure it out on the fly. We know now that his defense had been prepped for this exact situation.

From my armchair it seemed as if Carroll had to have been in near panic mode and had to think fast--and did so poorly.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I picked Seattle to lose in a Loser's Pool and won $713. Thank you Pete!!!!

All Monday morning quarterbacking, but I suspect that if Mr Belichick were in the same situation, he'd have already thought, re-thought, pre-planned and re-planned a strategy so that he didn't have to figure it out on the fly. We know now that his defense had been prepped for this exact situation.

From my armchair it seemed as if Carroll had to have been in near panic mode and had to think fast--and did so poorly.

I do kinda see Carroll's rational. He was trying to maximize the number of chances to score with the time left. Probably, thinking 2 passes and a last play (with zero time left). But in that panic must have forgetten that an interception, not incomplete is a possible outcome of a pass, or perhaps that he still had one time out left to use. :facepalm:

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. I picked Seattle to lose in a Loser's Pool and won $713. Thank you Pete!!!!

Congrats! Imagine all the money changing hands with that one play.

I do kinda see Carroll's rational. He was trying to maximize the number of chances to score with the time left. Probably, thinking 2 passes and a last play (with zero time left). But in that panic must have forgetten that an interception, not incomplete is a possible outcome of a pass, or perhaps that he still had one time out left to use. :facepalm:

Even though I think he out-coached himself, would have been better to throw to the corner of the endzone, with less traffic, and less chance for the pass to be tipped.

But in that panic must have forgetten that an interception, not incomplete is a possible outcome of a pass, or perhaps that he still had one time out left to use. :facepalm:

They say that when you pass, three things can happen...two of them bad.

Even though I think he out-coached himself, would have been better to throw to the corner of the endzone, with less traffic, and less chance for the pass to be tipped.

I say, definitely YES. There was plenty of traffic around the receiver had the ball been tipped.

So Peyton Manning said this morning that he is ready physically and mentally to be back in Denver for the 2015 season. Let's see if he is willing to take a pay cut to allow the Broncos to sign Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker both unrestricted free agents along with so many other free agents. I wonder if Peyton will follow Brady suit and accept a cut in pay to sign other players.

Ah, but you can "doctor" it with a "foreign substance", cork your bat, steal signals... :facepalm:

I love sports! :LOL:

Maybe that's why deflategate is quietly fading away...every team/sport has their own little secrets. Make a big deal about footballs and then who knows what dirty laundry of yours will surface.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

(I always felt that the only people who really cared about this was the media anyway)

Back
Top Bottom