NFL: 2014 Season

Football still months away.

Been too busy in excitement (cough...notice the sarcasm :)) of A-Rod tying Willie Mays in career home runs.

Last edited:
Las Vegas has taken the Pittsburgh / NE game off the board for betting. That tells me there may be a pending suspension of at least one game for Brady. Seems only fitting considering the NFL scheduled that game knowing that they just suspended Le'Veon Bell for 3 games when they could've easily scheduled that big game for later in the season.

Sacrilege! A-Rod is no Willie Mays...

No way am I saying A-Rod is better than Willie Mays!

My sarcasm is following the news of cheater A-Rod over the story of deflategate :blush:

Last edited:
So proud of the NFL.
According to the report, there's a "probable more than not probable" reason to believe that Brady had some general knowledge about maybe something could be possibly not quite according to the rules.

I suspect that there is a 90% chance of a 10% chance that Brady could possibly perhaps or maybe be fined or suspended or not at all for maybe knowing or not knowing that there could be a likely or not likely violation or perhaps poor interpretation or lack of full understanding of how to inflate or deflate game balls.

This is perhaps or at least very likely a possible outrage! Maybe.

So proud of the NFL.
According to the report, there's a "probable more than not probable" reason to believe that Brady had some general knowledge about maybe something could be possibly not quite according to the rules.

I suspect that there is a 90% chance of a 10% chance that Brady could possibly perhaps or maybe be fined or suspended or not at all for maybe knowing or not knowing that there could be a likely or not likely violation or perhaps poor interpretation or lack of full understanding of how to inflate or deflate game balls.

This is perhaps or at least very likely a possible outrage! Maybe.

I only have heard a few reports on this.... so what do I really know:confused:

But, from what they say, Brady refused to cooperate with the investigation so they were not able to 'prove' that he was involved.... I think that is why they are using the wishy-washy language...

I still think that he WILL get punished.... just do not know how much... some on TV have commented that the rest of the NFL is looking since this is the second time NE has been caught cheating.... and if they go easy then why not do it themselves.... if that is the case, the NFL should go hard.... say a 4 game suspension (with loss of pay) and $1 mill fine for Brady and lose one or two first round draft choices along with a much larger fine for NE.... heck, I think it should be in the $10 mill range (or even higher)... this is not their first offense.... and the people who were involved with the first are also involved with this one....

What did Brady say when asked if he is a cheater? Something like "I don't think so."

My prediction (not worth much, I know :)), is that Brady will deny deny deny, then a few years after his retirement write a book about the details :LOL:.

the NFL should go hard.... say a 4 game suspension (with loss of pay) and $1 mill fine for Brady and lose one or two first round draft choices along with a much larger fine for NE.... ...

So, the NFL should go harder on this than they did on those other guys who beat women and children? This is the NFL, not a court of law!!

CBS This Morning has a discussion on deflate gate.

Next steps for Patriots and NFL in "deflategate" fallout - Videos - CBS News

I'm mixed as far as what punishment, if any should be handed down.

On one had, there's more "evidence" than bounty gate and for that Sean Payton got suspended for the year. On the other hand, the doctoring is similar to throwing a spitball in baseball to get an edge, which is a violation, but not that severe a punishment.

Last edited:
So, the NFL should go harder on this than they did on those other guys who beat women and children? This is the NFL, not a court of law!!

I've been wondering that same question. I have mixed feelings.

🐑

The deflated ball cheat would not have made a difference in the playoff game the Pats won. But... had the winning difference been only 2 or 3 points, a case could be made that the Pats won because they cheated.

If fans refused to pay good $$'s to watch woman beaters play, that would end very, very soon. Same goes for cheaters.

You get the behavior you tolerate.

Last edited:

It is not a court of law... but the NFL has rules to play by... and NE broke those rules... and this is the second time they were caught... who knows what else they have done and not been caught....

We can get into the weeds with the domestic violence problem.... but to me that should not be the concern of the NFL... some are found 'guilty' even if they were not found guilty in a court of law... but the politics and protests have been such that they did change their way... I heard that one player was banned for 10 games for domestic violence... so they are now coming down hard on them... and didn't Adrian Peterson banned for a full season:confused: Does not sound like a light sentence.... sure, Rice was handled under the old rules, but they have changed...

More probable than not?" "Generally knew"?
Good thing this is being tried only in the court of public opinion and not an actual legal proceeding. This would get laughed out of Judge Judy's forum.

BTW I don't blame Brady for not giving his cell phone to the leaky NFL security..........

Good thing this is being tried only in the court of public opinion and not an actual legal proceeding. This would get laughed out of Judge Judy's forum.

BTW I don't blame Brady for not giving his cell phone to the leaky NFL security..........

You wouldn't blame Brady or anyone connected to the Pats, not matter what they did. You've made it pretty clear you are a diehard Pats fan. Any impartial person can clearly see that Brady lied and had some involvement or knowledge of the deflated balls.

I hate the Spurs because they always beat my Mavs, but I respect the Spurs. They are a great team and play with class. I hate the Pats and have no respect for them at all. They have been caught cheating multiple times which means they have most likely cheated many more times and not been caught.

Personally I think the NFL should stay out of out the field issues that have nothing to do with football. How many professions are there where people are punished at work for domestic violence or other non work related issues?

Well, I for one am just super happy that this serious subject has taken my mind off of those less important things that have been taking up TV news-space: ISIS, Baltimore, Dallas shootings, plane crashes etc etc.

Nothing like being tried in the court of public opinion/mob rule.

Worst case scenario: Brady sits out 4 games and the Pats lose them all. Brady gets a big fat raise because they can't win without him.

Best case scenario: Brady sits out 4 games and they win them all. Everyone goes nuts trying to figure out how they cheated to win those games.

"Possibly, more likely than not": Brady gets ring #5 and the country hates the Pats even more.

He's at a speaking engagement tonight just down the road from me. I'll ask him what he thinks! :LOL:

True, it's not a "court of law," but the NFL does have a commission to make and enforce rules and regulations. (That's why Goodell is called the Commissioner.) The owners give it authority to act on their behalf. Including the authority to investigate and make findings regarding alleged violations of NFL rules. The burden of proof here is "preponderance of the evidence"--which is widely used in virtually all courts of law in civil proceedings. That standard does not "get laughed out of court." That's the basis of Wells's "more probable than not" language.

Now back to our regular programming.

You wouldn't blame Brady or anyone connected to the Pats, not matter what they did. You've made it pretty clear you are a diehard Pats fan. Any impartial person can clearly see that Brady lied and had some involvement or knowledge of the deflated balls.

I hate the Spurs because they always beat my Mavs, but I respect the Spurs. They are a great team and play with class. I hate the Pats and have no respect for them at all. They have been caught cheating multiple times which means they have most likely cheated many more times and not been caught.

They are not the only team that violated the rules. Most recently the Browns and Falcons were assessed fines and suspensions for infractions.

I would have liked more solid evidence against the PATS after a 108 day investigation. I understand you and a lot of other folks outside NE hate them because they have been the most successful team of the last 15 years.

This will just be a motivation for them to win their 5th SB regardless of football PSI.

Last edited:
Personally I think the NFL should stay out of out the field issues that have nothing to do with football. How many professions are there where people are punished at work for domestic violence or other non work related issues?

Megacorp did. I watched multiple people walked out the door. Basically anything that demonstrated lack of integrity you did the walk.

🐑

Last edited:
Well, I for one am just super happy that this serious subject has taken my mind off of those less important things that have been taking up TV news-space: ISIS, Baltimore, Dallas shootings, plane crashes etc etc.

Nothing like being tried in the court of public opinion/mob rule.

Worst case scenario: Brady sits out 4 games and the Pats lose them all. Brady gets a big fat raise because they can't win without him.

Best case scenario: Brady sits out 4 games and they win them all. Everyone goes nuts trying to figure out how they cheated to win those games.

"Possibly, more likely than not": Brady gets ring #5 and the country hates the Pats even more.

He's at a speaking engagement tonight just down the road from me. I'll ask him what he thinks! :LOL:

Could you imagine the league's season opener against the Steelers in a nationally televised game with Jimmy Grappolo as the starting QB? I'll bet NBC won't be too happy about it.

Last edited:
They are not the only team that violated the rules. Most recently the Browns and Falcons were assessed fines and suspensions for infractions.

I would have liked more solid evidence against the PATS after a 108 day investigation. I understand you and a lot of other folks outside NE hate them because they have been the most successful team of the last 15 years.

This will just be a motivation for them to win their 5th SB regardless of football PSI.

I don't hate the Pats because they have been so successful. I hate them because they cheat and I hate them because the NFL favors them. Ive never seen so many roughing the passer calls as I do when someone breathes on Brady. Not to mention that Brady is the biggest crybaby in the NFL. All of that takes away from their success in everyone's (except pats fans) eyes.

That site is a joke. They have ridiculous things that every teams does listed as cheating. Like when a player fakes an inury to stop the clock.

I don't hate the Pats because they have been so successful. I hate them because they cheat and I hate them because the NFL favors them. Ive never seen so many roughing the passer calls as I do when someone breathes on Brady. Not to mention that Brady is the biggest crybaby in the NFL. All of that takes away from their success in everyone's (except pats fans) eyes.

That site is a joke. They have ridiculous things that every teams does listed as cheating. Like when a player fakes an inury to stop the clock.

Ok, ok, ok! You hate the Pats and Brady.

Got it. Pats haters is a big club. It's ok.

I only have heard a few reports on this.... so what do I really know:confused:

But, from what they say, Brady refused to cooperate with the investigation so they were not able to 'prove' that he was involved.... I think that is why they are using the wishy-washy language...
Just posted a few hours ago, reading in part:

After the scandal broke in the early morning hours of January 19, according to the report, there was a significant uptick in communication between Brady and Jastremski. Investigators found this suspicious. Jastremski, who was in charge of preparing balls for game day, hadn't talked to Brady over the phone or exchanged texts with him in six months going into January 19. Over the next 72 hours, according to phone records, they talked on the phone eight times and exchanged 15 texts.

The texts show Brady continually checked up on Jastremski after the scandal broke, talked to him multiple times a day, and even invited him to the quarterback meeting room to talk for the first time in Jastremski's 20 years with the team.

Back
Top Bottom