NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
49ers have lost to the Browns with a QB they got the week before off the street. 49ers might beat Baltimore but Baltimore is not a joke.

49ers have to win just 2 of 3 to clinch # 1 seed.

Brock Purdy is MVP. This year will start a dynasty for the 49ers.

Purdy is no Joe Montana or Roger Staubach (or others that were around for a lon, long, time). He's certainly good behind an offensive line that keeps the defense away from him.

Purdy is no Joe Montana or Roger Staubach (or others that were around for a lon, long, time). He's certainly good behind an offensive line that keeps the defense away from him.

I’ve watched all their games this year, and Purdy is certainly a QB in the Montana mold. Of course he can’t be mentioned among those all-time greats yet; he hasn’t won anything, and has barely started a season’s worth of games. Joe Cool was calm under pressure, and threw with great anticipation, which is what we’ve seen so far from Purdy. If he can just keep that up for another 12-15 years, and mix in a few SB victories, he’s got a shot at a yellow jacket. Easy-peasy. :LOL:

On your last point, the 49ers offensive line hasn’t been that good. PFF ranks them 20th in the league. Here’s a tweet from a couple days ago that references this:

brock purdy's been under pressure on 39% of his dropbacks. that's 3% more than the next mvp candidate. he doesn't get anywhere near the credit he should for 1) avoiding sacks 2) extending/creating out of structure. he saves 2-4 possessions a game that either result in a 1st or TD

Finally, unlike other posters in this thread, the Ravens and Lamar Jackson do scare me. Should be one heck of a showdown!

49ers have to win just 2 of 3 to clinch # 1 seed.

Rest starters week 18.

Ravens are a joke and so were the Eagles and the usual Cowboys. This is 49ers year. Brock Purdy is MVP. This year will start a dynasty for the 49ers.

The #1 seed is sort of a trap. It's not surprising to see top seeds get bounced.

I haven't followed the 49ers or Purdy much at all this year. Full disclosure, I was a Jimmy G fan for the 49ers but now do think they are better with Purdy as the QB.

The 49ers look like the strongest team at the moment. But come playoff time Shanahan may be up to his Shenanigan's again of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

... Finally, unlike other posters in this thread, the Ravens and Lamar Jackson do scare me. Should be one heck of a showdown!

+1 Should be a great game... two very good teams... but to characterize the Ravens as a joke is extremely foolish IMO.

Enough said.

2Q==

Attachments

• Texans.png
    Texans.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

He is now. Rice said so. 7th round last pick gets minimum wage. 49ers only have Trent and the rest is not that good to protect BP. Purdy has to extend the plays and buy time.

Any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given day. Look at the Texans if you want proof! :cool:

True but this 49ers team is something else.

The #1 seed is sort of a trap. It's not surprising to see top seeds get bounced.

I haven't followed the 49ers or Purdy much at all this year. Full disclosure, I was a Jimmy G fan for the 49ers but now do think they are better with Purdy as the QB.

The 49ers look like the strongest team at the moment. But come playoff time Shanahan may be up to his Shenanigan's again of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I know Kyle has blown leads but so did Dusty Baker. Now, is the time for Kyle.

+1 Should be a great game... two very good teams... but to characterize the Ravens as a joke is extremely foolish IMO.

Cowboys are gifting the NFC East to the Eagles if the Eagles can remember how to win the rest of the regular season.

Is it spelled fugly or phugly? The Chiefs performance today was definitely an example.

Wasn’t quite a romp, but a win is a win. Eagles and Giants meet again in two weeks.

.... Ravens are a joke...

Looks like the joke is on you. :LOL:

How do you like your crow? Rare, medium-rare, medium or well-done? :LOL:

...this 49ers team is something else.

The Ravens made the 49ers look very ordinary tonight. As Troy Aikman said... the Ravens ran the 49ers out of their own stadium. Final 33-19... 14 point win for the Ravens.

MVP is between McCaffrey and Lamar Jackson. IMO Purdy's out of the running after 4 interceptions tonight... Purdy is still a very good QB, just not good as you think that he is.

I was worried about the Ravens, but that was far worse than I feared. Congrats to the Ravens after a dominating win. Hoping the Niners o-line injuries aren’t serious. Barring a miracle, they’ll have to win out (at Washington, and at home against the resurgent Rams) to maintain the #1 seed in the NFC.

The 49ers vs Ravens game wasn't close enough of a game for me to watch all the way.

I did see the funny play where the ref took down Jackson for a safety :LOL: and the attempted crushing hit on Deebo but the defender just bounced off the Deebo and Deebo can kept on running.

49ers are soft. They were bullied last night. Purdy looked scared. He'll never win a championship.

The 49ers vs Ravens game wasn't close enough of a game for me to watch all the way.

I did see the funny play where the ref took down Jackson for a safety :LOL: and the attempted crushing hit on Deebo but the defender just bounced off the Deebo and Deebo can kept on running.

Yes, those were both funny plays. I'm not sure if Jackson could have avoid the safety if the ref had not been underfoot... it was hard for me to tell but for sure he would have had a better chance.

Why can't these guys learn how to tackle?

All the contenders seem to have faltered in the past few weeks. Cowboys, 49ers, Ravens, Eagles and others. This was not a year where anyone was going to threaten an undefeated season I guess. It was surprising to watch the Eagles lose 3 straight. It was surprising to see Purdy throw 4 interceptions (plus 1 from Darnold), some tipped/deflected or not. To watch the Lions lose to the Bears. For the Cowboys to collapse to the Bills. The Chiefs have been really spotty this year, Mahomes 31.6 QBR vs the Raiders and 63.1 YTD - huh?

Any given Sunday as always. Injuries always play a role unfortunately. Should be an interesting next 5-6 weeks. Some teams are trending up, some down, as always the overall season record doesn't show that in years like this.

Last edited:
This season continues to be a wild, unpredictable, and at times very entertaining ride! Bummed about the Chiefs but that’s the way them cookies crumble. Come Super Bowl time, whichever team I’m rooting for I’m going to place a small bet against them. That way, whatever happens, I win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom