What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Yes, Markopolos is heavily featured, especially in the last half of the show.

I have not watched yet, but I always wondered what was going on? Madoff seemed to have a strangle hold on the SEC or had a powerful friend watching out for him. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Someone above recommended the MI5 drama series on AppleTV starring Gary Oldman called Slow Horses. Great! Him, especially. Thanks for the tip.

In another thread about what to watch on Britbox I mentioned Hope Street, about cops in a small Irish town. Season 1 was OK but Season 2 devolved into a totally annoying soap opera. If there’s a third season I won’t bother. Kicking myself for watching all of season 2 hoping it would get better.

I've been watching Star Trek Discovery on Paramount+... season 3 was good and now enjoying season 4.

I’ve been watching Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn. It’s a police crime show from New Zealand. It’s light drama with plenty of personalities, good background music and a car that must have some significance in NZ. The accents bring back very pleasant memories of a Kiwi work friend, we worked together for a year on a project in NY.

I’ve been watching Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn. It’s a police crime show from New Zealand. It’s light drama with plenty of personalities, good background music and a car that must have some significance in NZ. The accents bring back very pleasant memories of a Kiwi work friend, we worked together for a year on a project in NY.

I’m pretty sure my grandfather had the same car. It looks like the car he had and his car definitely had the gear shift doodad up by the steering wheel.
This was in the 60’s.

I have not watched yet, but I always wondered what was going on? Madoff seemed to have a strangle hold on the SEC or had a powerful friend watching out for him. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

The show covers that in detail as well. I learned that he was chairman of the Nasdaq Stock Market in 1990, 1991 and 1993. He also sat on SEC advisory committees. All buddies.

In another thread about what to watch on Britbox I mentioned Hope Street, about cops in a small Irish town. Season 1 was OK but Season 2 devolved into a totally annoying soap opera. If there’s a third season I won’t bother. Kicking myself for watching all of season 2 hoping it would get better.

I couldn't agree more! We are so disappointed with the second season of Hope Street. Hopeless soap territory (forgive the pun).

We've given up half way through, it was so painful. There was promise to the first season - good character development, believable story lines and gorgeous scenery.

Sad

My husband and I struggle to find shows we can watch together. He likes uplifting stuff (watches Hallmark!) while I like dark family dramedies. I loved White Lotus and Succession. Anyhoo, I can watch light stuff but it has to have something more, so I turned him on to…wait for it…Emily in Paris. We’re also picking up Call the Midwife after a 10 year break.

I watched The Head on HBO Max.
Thought the first season was very good. Second season was ok. Not great but not horrible. Can get graphic.

I also started watching Murdoch Mysteries on either Acorn or Prime-I access Acorn through Prime so I can't remember which it is. 16 seasons-Canadian detective in the late 19th early 20th century using emerging technologies for the time.
More light hearted but it is entertaining.

Started Vikings Valhalla season 2. Typical Vikings Blood gore and Guts.

Finished The Equalizer season 3, a little disappointed with it, seems to have a lot of unnecessary racial undertones. Pity as we enjoyed the series. There is a proposed season 4 that we will have to think about seriously before downloading.

Season 2, episode 1 of Your Honor on Showtime. Very good season opener!

I just switched my active streaming service from Amazon Prime (I used the 30-day free trial) to HBO Max. I'm too cheap to pay for more than one at a time. I didn't see much on Amazon that I wanted to watch other than Reacher and old episodes of Time Team. So the 30 day trial worked fine for me. I've started with White Lotus on HBO Max. But I've also added about 6 other shows to my watch list. So I may need to keep it for a couple months.

Apple tv

We just finished season 1 of Mosquitoe Coast! Very good if you like adventure! We are also watching “ The Morning Show” with Anniston and Reese Witherspoon! Excellent writing and acting! Btw a subscription is only $4.99/month so it is probably the best value in terms of streaming options! Disclaimer I do not work for Apple! Check ‘em out!

Carnival Row on Prime is finally releasing the 2nd season. Gritty world of Fae, pucks, and British style politics. Orlando Bloom at his best. Many current themes of today set in a world of fantasy.

Season 2, episode 1 of Your Honor on Showtime. Very good season opener!

Weird, DW and I looked for this last night and could not find it on our SHO channels, but it is also supposed to be on Sunday night. We loved the first season.

We are really enjoying Black Sails now, just started season 2.

I was ready to drop it after the first episode of season 1, it seemed so campy and looked like a video game, but it got a lot better!

It is a bit like Outlander though on the nudity.

Just finished George and Tammy. Thought it was very good. Was never into them or even much interested in country music when they were popular. Don't listen to pop county now. But the story was fascinating and the acting top notch.

We watched The Hammer with Reba. Based on a true story about a traveling judge. I never new that was an actual thing. We really enjoyed it.

Anyone watching Fire Country on CBS? I think it is really well done and keeps you interested.

Just finished the final season (3) of "The Fall" on Prime. Dark, intense but reasonably entertaining. Just wish Jillian Anderson would speak her dialog rather than whisper it.

Started Willow by Lucas Films, good family fantasy show.

Miss Scarlet and the Duke Dropped today, another good UK somewhat whimsical Period Police procedural.

DW loved Miss Scarlet, especially the clothes.

We just finished season 1 of Mosquitoe Coast! Very good if you like adventure! We are also watching “ The Morning Show” with Anniston and Reese Witherspoon! Excellent writing and acting! Btw a subscription is only $4.99/month so it is probably the best value in terms of streaming options! Disclaimer I do not work for Apple! Check ‘em out!

They recently raised the price to $6.99.

Started Vikings Valhalla season 2. Typical Vikings Blood gore and Guts.

Finished The Equalizer season 3, a little disappointed with it, seems to have a lot of unnecessary racial undertones. Pity as we enjoyed the series. There is a proposed season 4 that we will have to think about seriously before downloading.

IMO, this season of Vikings Valhalla has more treachery and complex relationships than past Vikings series. We watch them all. I keep looking up the historical background of various characters, Eric the Reds children, Leif Ericsson and Freydis. Obviously, much is made up to make the plot interesting. It’s fascinating how Vikings switched to Christianity.

Back
Top Bottom