What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We've watched the first four episodes of "Poker Face" on Peacock and enjoyed the first three. The series is reminiscent of "Colombo" and a bit different from typical mysteries in that you are in on the crime and know who is guilty at the beginning of each episode.

The fourth episode was very disappointing and doesn't bode well for the future of the series. The story line was totally unrealistic, almost cartoon-like. We may try one more episode in the hope the writers were having a bad day when they came up with that stupid plot.

Am very hooked on Cable Girls on Netflix. Spanish show, dubbed about the early days of phone service in Spain. Lots of sub-plots and drama and makes me very appreciative of how difficult life was for women in a country, culture and era of legal honor killings, kids, wives and property that were solely possessions of men. With women’s employment came a small measure of independence; and hopes and dreams for more autonomy. Everyone suffers for the repressive monarchy and inequality that was 1930’s Spain. Six seasons, lots of episodes. Am half way through and totally hooked.
Yes, excellent show. I was able to enjoy it in Spanish and it really tuned my ear to the accents from Spain.

I think I watched all of Season 1 and started Season 2, but had no idea they had 6 seasons!!

I watched The Hatchet Welding Hitchhiker on Netflix last night.
Documentary on a true story that happened about 10 years ago just 3 hours south of where I live and I never read about it.
I found it intriguing.

We've watched the first four episodes of "Poker Face" on Peacock and enjoyed the first three. The series is reminiscent of "Colombo" and a bit different from typical mysteries in that you are in on the crime and know who is guilty at the beginning of each episode.

The fourth episode was very disappointing and doesn't bode well for the future of the series. The story line was totally unrealistic, almost cartoon-like. We may try one more episode in the hope the writers were having a bad day when they came up with that stupid plot.

Episode 4 is bad. 5 is more like the first 3.

I recently binge-watched The West Wing, all seasons, and now I get what all the noise was about when it was on originally. Excellent writing! I was very surprised that a show about politics sucked me in.

Fire Country is a new series I'm really enjoying.

We recently watched Restless and I recommend it. It's a decade old. We got it on Hoopla but I think it's also available on Amazon Prime. Spies (vs our usual murder mystery fare). We only have access to Season 1 and there is a Season 2 but you don't need to see #2 to enjoy #1.

I'm anxious to watch the new season of YOU, that just dropped (1st part only) TODAY on Netflix. 2nd part comes on Mar 9th so I know many of you wait until the full season is available. Anyone else going to start watching it now?

I'm anxious to watch the new season of YOU, that just dropped (1st part only) TODAY on Netflix. 2nd part comes on Mar 9th so I know many of you wait until the full season is available. Anyone else going to start watching it now?

I wasn’t aware that it was out. We’ll watch it because we enjoyed the first 2 seasons. We just finished Devil’s Hour on Amazon Prime. It’s very well acted and has lots of twists and turns. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

first we’ve heard of this show. reading about it on IMDB.COM it doesn’t sound like a story we’d be interested in.

I've enjoyed Your Honor(Showtime) and 1923(Paramount+). On PBS I'm watching All Creatures Great and Small. It's a little sappy but interesting.

I watched Vigil on Peacock.
Really liked the show.
I get Peacock for no additional cost with my Xfinity account so it includes commercials.
I’m not a fan of commercials.

Recently finished Fauda season 4 on Netflix. Considering that the Jenin refugee camp has been in the news recently this season feels like it is ripped straight from the headlines. Only the folks with boots-on-the-ground can tell me how realistic the series is - I suspect that it's fairly realistic. Actress Inbar Lavi is a little too good-looking to be a believable Israeli commando but I got over it. The smoking is disgusting but probably realistic. :D

first we’ve heard of this show. reading about it on IMDB.COM it doesn’t sound like a story we’d be interested in.

Season 1 of You is excellent, and I believe the 4th most watched show in Netflix history. But one man's trash is anothers treasure.

Latest Netflix watches:
Safe - Really good with lots of plot twists
Cunk on Earth - Took a few episodes to get into it, but worth a few chuckles, You can knock it out in an evening,
History of swear words - Couldn't even finish the first episode.

Just started the Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House on Netflix. Beautiful shots of Kyoto and Japanese cooking scenes. Reminds me very much of Midnight Diner.

Started "Blackout" German with Subs. Very good show especially as this scenario could actually happen to us!

Do you know where this is available to watch? I tried searching but there’s a number of different “Blackout” series and movies. I believe you’re referring to the one involving a hacker? I think there’s another series that involves a Belgium Prime Minister and a kidnapping.

Do you know where this is available to watch? I tried searching but there’s a number of different “Blackout” series and movies. I believe you’re referring to the one involving a hacker? I think there’s another series that involves a Belgium Prime Minister and a kidnapping.

Sorry I do not, not in the USA, I got it from Europe. I am sure it is streaming somewhere.

"Living the Dream" on BritBox.

A 40's something couple with two teens move from dreary Yorkshire, England to sunny Kissimmee, FL after they purchase an RV park. It turns out the RV park was overhyped as it's kind of a dump and the tenants are very uncooperative to changes the couple want to make.

Very funny moments as the Englanders adjust to life in the USA. The characters at the RV park are quirky. Have only seen the first episode but will continue.

It gets a 6.8 rating on IMDB which must be wrong because all episodes in S1 are 8.0 or above and all episodes in S2 are 7.4 or above.

Have started watching the new HBO sci-fi drama The Last Of Us. So far, so good, and from what I've read it gets better as the season goes on. The one thing I don't like very much about it is the handheld, "shaky cam" cinematography, as I find that very distracting and headache-inducing. The pilot episode had way too much of that for my taste.

i found an app for Apple devices called "Just Watch". it tells you where to find TV shows or movies based on which services you subscribe to. free. unknown there is an android version.

Or use justwatch.com from any browser.

Back
Top Bottom