Do You Like Living Alone?

Hang in there TT.
We are all rooting for you.

I wish you the best and stay positive in these times.

Today I hired the teen next door to empty the partial dirt basement. He worked 3 hours and filled the back patio. He will finish tomorrow. I am using my ex’s money to pay him. My ex and his son took the trailer of junk to the dump. Now that my ex isn’t working he appears to be taking this move seriously. It’s a lot of work carrying stuff up the steps so now it’s much easier to deal with. I am sure we will fill the trailer again. Today really felt like we were getting something accomplished.

That's good news on the progress. It's almost over.

And your ex can start over in a new junk free place. Did he rent?

He hasn’t found a place to rent but I made him a list of places with phone numbers. That’s much easier than physical labor:)). He rented a storage unit so when he buys a place he can be reunited with some of his junk. It won’t take him long to accumulate more.

Having been both married and single, I can unequivocally state: living alone is infinitely, blissfully, fantastically better. Happiness is being single! And living alone. :D

Last edited:
Tuck, I have only lived alone once in my life at age 43 after my second divorce. It was for 18 months and I was content. I had friends so wasn’t lonely. Now one of my kids lives here. It will be nice not to have to take care of someone and clean up after him. Plus all his stuff to deal with.

Hopefully, this will all be over soon. Hang in there.

My ex is renting a room in someone’s condo so he is not tied down by longer than a 6 month lease. He can move in on the 7th. Now that he isn’t working lots more is being accomplished so we should have no problem getting his stuff out by the 11th. It finally feels like it’s coming to a end.

My ex is renting a room in someone’s condo so he is not tied down by longer than a 6 month lease. He can move in on the 7th. Now that he isn’t working lots more is being accomplished so we should have no problem getting his stuff out by the 11th. It finally feels like it’s coming to a end.

It's really hard when trusted people disappoint you. This clearly has been a real hassle, but the end is in sight. :dance: When you share no kids, a relationship can just end (as did my 1st) full stop if you want it to.

There will be better days ahead. :flowers:

Spin doctor, he’s under the illusion that we will remain friends because we have always gotten along so well. I have lots of friends and do not plan to have any type of relationship with him. He only has one friend. He should have thought of that before cheating multiple times. I still have a relationship with my second husband because we share 3 adult kids. We worked 8 hours today and I dragged stuff to the trailer for the dump all day from the garage and shed. He wants to be done by the 7th and we may be. On the plus side I am eating whatever I want and still losing weight.

Getting closer to the end TT. Hang in there.

Today reached a agreement with the buyers who paid 30k over asking to lower the price 13k to compensate for repairs. Everything on track to close on the 16th. Will do the walk through of my condo this week and the realtor will help me measure the bedrooms for pergo and where my appliances will go. I want to have the paint and pergo when my son arrives since he is doing the work.

My last day of physical work was last Thursday as it’s aggravating my existing back and neck problem. I loaded 2 big trailers with junk in the past 2 weeks and there’s not that much for him to deal with. He has until the 11th to be totally out and done. Today I had lunch with a friend and got a manicure. Things are definitely moving forward. Starting to feel better physically since I am not working so hard. Excited about moving into my condo and looking forward to seeing my son.

TT, it looks like you’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. You’ll feel so relieved, I’m sure, once you move into your new condo.

Congrats, I hope the final bits and pieces will be easy for you.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is the best next thing to do.

TT you had a plan and the end is close. Go getters get things done and I'm happy for you.

Thanks everyone! Yes we signed agreements with the buyers and both are scheduled to close on the 16th. I received my settlement paperwork for the house showing the money I receive and my final paperwork for the condo was sent to the title company. I am on easy street now:))

Today is the last day of removing my ex’s junk. The house and yard have never looked so good. He also moves out today. He rented a place. The only upside to working this hard is that I have been able to eat whatever I want and still lost a few pounds. My son arrives Friday to remodel my condo. Meanwhile I have bought paint, pergo, appliances, light fixtures, etc and that’s been so fun. Luckily the kitchen is new and I love it.

Hurray, happy days are just around the corner!!! Enjoy your new place.

Both the house and condo closed a few days later than planned but finally closed before 5 today. My son and I went over and he started working. His friend is coming tomorrow to help for a few days. We move in a week from tomorrow. Everything should be done except the bathroom. That I will have professionally done after my son leaves. Very excited!!

Both the house and condo closed a few days later than planned but finally closed before 5 today. My son and I went over and he started working. His friend is coming tomorrow to help for a few days. We move in a week from tomorrow. Everything should be done except the bathroom. That I will have professionally done after my son leaves. Very excited!!

Wonderful! I am so happy for you. :D

So glad to hear everything went off at planned...Enjoy that new condo..

Back
Top Bottom